gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:37:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess we know where us US members are buying our copies of NO PIER PRESSURE  (Read 26261 times)
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2015, 08:56:50 AM »

My Target had a whole stack of them on the end cap of the music department along with other new and recent releases.   Of course, there is one less copy there now...

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2015, 08:57:49 AM »

Bunch of copies (five) on the top rack of my Target, which is far from the world's (or my state's) biggest city.

Don't think there will be much issue in finding them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:39:18 AM by Wirestone » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2015, 09:03:17 AM »

For those that have found it at a store, is your store showing it as in stock on the website? I’m getting what other people have noted, pretty much everything on the west coast is showing it as unavailable. I’m sure it’s just the system not updating (though I continue to be astonished they don’t allow pre-release date availability checks for people that actually want to plan ahead to buy stuff from them).

I’m probably more antsy because not too long ago there was a HUGE movie release that my one random most local Target store simply didn’t get. It was also a Target exclusive. So I know they can even internally mess up stocking their own stores from their warehouses. I had another Target store that was only another ten minutes away, but today I’d prefer to not drive all over to find the thing. I guess I’ll know one way or another in a few hours!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »

I don’t think the website showing that almost no stores have it in stock is accurate. I’ve seen both Target and Best Buy take much or most of the release date to start showing stuff as in stock. At the same time, I don’t have a super good feeling about easily finding this at most stores. I’m going to check my nearest store in a couple of hours. If they really are stocking 1 or 2 copies per store, that can be a problem even if they don’t sell them. If they have one copy and some jackass picks it up and then just leaves it randomly in another part of the store, that alone can cause a huge problem. Or if the staff just doesn’t get around to putting it on the shelf, or puts it in a weird or incorrect spot. Bleh.

I normally would never even expect Target to stock a new BW album. What I don’t understand is going to the trouble of having a “Target Exclusive” variation and then still not making it easy to find. I hope I’m wrong and by the end of the today we start getting reports that everybody can find a copy.

The Target employee drew a blank stare when he heard the name "Brian Wilson", and he needed clarification about how to spell it. I felt like a geezer.

Nah, it’s less geezer and more the staff. I got a blank stare in the 80’s asking for Eric Clapton. I got several times in the 90’s being asked to spell “Beatles” for the staff at a full-blown record store. Really? You work at a record store, not just the record section of a department store, and you can’t spell “Beatles?”

You should go back and mess with them again and ask where the section for “Procol Harum” is! Or Engelbert Humperdinck!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »

I had to ask them to bring them out--luckily I could see the space where they belonged on the end cap so they were able to confirm that they did have copies. They had four total, and only deluxe editions.

HeyJude, I just checked the in-store feature on their website and it claims that it is not available for in-store pickup at the store I just left. However, I doubt they sold all 3 remaining copies already (sorry Brian). So I don't put much, ahem, stock, in that.
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

I don’t think the website showing that almost no stores have it in stock is accurate. I’ve seen both Target and Best Buy take much or most of the release date to start showing stuff as in stock. At the same time, I don’t have a super good feeling about easily finding this at most stores. I’m going to check my nearest store in a couple of hours. If they really are stocking 1 or 2 copies per store, that can be a problem even if they don’t sell them. If they have one copy and some jackass picks it up and then just leaves it randomly in another part of the store, that alone can cause a huge problem. Or if the staff just doesn’t get around to putting it on the shelf, or puts it in a weird or incorrect spot. Bleh.

I normally would never even expect Target to stock a new BW album. What I don’t understand is going to the trouble of having a “Target Exclusive” variation and then still not making it easy to find. I hope I’m wrong and by the end of the today we start getting reports that everybody can find a copy.

The Target employee drew a blank stare when he heard the name "Brian Wilson", and he needed clarification about how to spell it. I felt like a geezer.

Nah, it’s less geezer and more the staff. I got a blank stare in the 80’s asking for Eric Clapton. I got several times in the 90’s being asked to spell “Beatles” for the staff at a full-blown record store. Really? You work at a record store, not just the record section of a department store, and you can’t spell “Beatles?”

You should go back and mess with them again and ask where the section for “Procol Harum” is! Or Engelbert Humperdinck!

The guy that tracked down my copy said "Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys--he's still alive?" and "Is this new music?"
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »

For many Target employees, it's their first job. Their first experience working in the outside world. They don't get paid much. Was in there last night returning a kid's baseball set (Easter present) because it was missing parts. Took it over to Customer Service and there were two young ladies behind the counter - one pretty large, and the other petite. I stood there for a few seconds in line while one said to the other, "I thought you loved me". And the other replied, "I do love you, you know that". The other said, "Well, you're not showing it!" The other then replied, "After work tonight I'll show you how much I love you!".  What drama. All within earshot of the customer (me). I kid you not!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
KDS
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2015, 10:15:22 AM »

When I worked at Circuit City, there was a younger associate who was helping us do inventory in the CD Department.  When he came to the tap marked "DIO," he asked "Who's D-Ten?  Is this a new rapper." 
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2015, 10:26:13 AM »

My Target store had eight when my friend and I bought it.  When I came back less than two hours later because the case was cracked on mine there were only three left.  So it looks like people around here are interested, at least.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »

For many Target employees, it's their first job. Their first experience working in the outside world. They don't get paid much. Was in there last night returning a kid's baseball set (Easter present) because it was missing parts. Took it over to Customer Service and there were two young ladies behind the counter - one pretty large, and the other petite. I stood there for a few seconds in line while one said to the other, "I thought you loved me". And the other replied, "I do love you, you know that". The other said, "Well, you're not showing it!" The other then replied, "After work tonight I'll show you how much I love you!".  What drama. All within earshot of the customer (me). I kid you not!

Did you manage to negotiate a 3 way with them Mikie?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2015, 10:33:17 AM »

When I got up this morning I checked the Target website if any of the stores in my area had it in stock...none of the stores in a 50 mile radius had it in stock according to the website.  Being as stubborn as I am, I wanted to check out a store anyway.  The one near me is only 7 minutes away.  I went in and and lo and behold, there were about 5 or so copies in the front New Releases display.  I never really trust those "check your store" features and while they work some of the time---you can't trust them all the time.   Good thing I checked because now I can go straight home later and give it a listen!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »

Can you get me that DVD?
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2015, 10:44:43 AM »

Well, I ordered the version on Amazon UK with the bonus tracks, including In The Back of My Mind, but that isn't amongst the ripped tracks I've received. Hope it's on the CD version...
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2015, 10:52:18 AM »

No luck at my local-ish Target.  I found an empty spot where it should have been, but an employee scanned it for me and no luck - all sold out.  She said they had only received a couple of copies.  I got there at 10, two hours after they opened so I guess it's my own fault.  Oh well, I snagged the plain old deluxe edition at a local music store so I'm just happy to have it in some form.
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2015, 10:58:20 AM »

I'm surprised they are selling out--it wasn't even in their ad this week. (Ads were pretty thin due to the Easter holiday--Target's was only 8 pages or so, it is normally much larger.)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »

For many Target employees, it's their first job. Their first experience working in the outside world. They don't get paid much. Was in there last night returning a kid's baseball set (Easter present) because it was missing parts. Took it over to Customer Service and there were two young ladies behind the counter - one pretty large, and the other petite. I stood there for a few seconds in line while one said to the other, "I thought you loved me". And the other replied, "I do love you, you know that". The other said, "Well, you're not showing it!" The other then replied, "After work tonight I'll show you how much I love you!".  What drama. All within earshot of the customer (me). I kid you not!

Did you manage to negotiate a 3 way with them Mikie?

No way I'd be on the bottom, man!  I wouldn't live to tell about it!   Grin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:17:03 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »

There's not a Target store within 100 miles from me that has this in stock.  Not one.  And it's not like I'm totally in the boonies.  It's not in stock in Wisconsin's largest cities.  Not Green Bay, not Madison, not Milwaukee, ferchristssake.  Why would they have an exclusive deal with bonus tracks if they're not even going to stock it?  Guess I'll go to Best Buy and get the 16 track version. 

Are you basing this on the Target website?......'cause I just picked mine up in the Milwaukee area..had 4 or 5 on the shelf.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2015, 11:08:47 AM »

For many Target employees, it's their first job. Their first experience working in the outside world. They don't get paid much. Was in there last night returning a kid's baseball set (Easter present) because it was missing parts. Took it over to Customer Service and there were two young ladies behind the counter - one pretty large, and the other petite. I stood there for a few seconds in line while one said to the other, "I thought you loved me". And the other replied, "I do love you, you know that". The other said, "Well, you're not showing it!" The other then replied, "After work tonight I'll show you how much I love you!".  What drama. All within earshot of the customer (me). I kid you not!

Can you get me that DVD?

Sure, Ed.  You want the one with bonus clips?  Smiley

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »

I'm surprised they are selling out--it wasn't even in their ad this week. (Ads were pretty thin due to the Easter holiday--Target's was only 8 pages or so, it is normally much larger.)

I'm not surprised. People might even be picking up more than one copy. Remember, this Deluxe version is exclusive to Target (unless you want to spend more for the Japanese CD). It's getting promotion. I saw a 2 minute promotion on "Good Morning America" this morning. Emphasis was that this is Brian Wilson, the guy responsible for all the Beach Boys hits. Had Beach Boys songs playing in the background with video (and Mike Love's voice). Pier Pressure cover on the screen. Talked about all the the guests on the album. Nice 'promo'. Nice segment!

Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »

I bet when the store closed they got out of there lickity split!
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »

I'm not surprised. People might even be picking up more than one copy. Remember, this Deluxe version is exclusive to Target (unless you want to spend more for the Japanese CD). It's getting promotion. I saw a 2 minute promotion on "Good Morning America" this morning. Emphasis was that this is Brian Wilson, the guy responsible for all the Beach Boys hits. Had Beach Boys songs playing in the background with video (and Mike Love's voice). Pier Pressure cover on the screen. Talked about all the the guests on the album. Nice 'promo'. Nice segment!

That's a good point, I think people do stock up on these store exclusives for ebay offerings down the road...
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2015, 11:32:05 AM »

I bet when the store closed they got out of there lickity split!

Tongue

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2015, 11:34:54 AM »

Checked the closest store; they had three copies.

Turns out this store also had a super “Target EXTRA Exclusive” edition that comes bundled with a Care Bear…..  Grin

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:37:40 AM by HeyJude » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »

My Target had a whole stack of them on the end cap of the music department along with other new and recent releases.   Of course, there is one less copy there now...

Similar to the store I bought my copy, I guess; probably 50 copies on the end rack...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »

Clearly they're out there, all over the country.  That's good.  No problems finding them in my area at any of the stores.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx