gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:27:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess we know where us US members are buying our copies of NO PIER PRESSURE  (Read 26259 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »

Stopped by my local Target to get some discounted Easter candy, and they didn't have the album out yet.  Guess I'll be going back tomorrow (after listening to my iTunes download, of course)

It is usually uncommon for major retail chains like Target to put out media in advance of the release date.  You'd have better luck ordering online if you wanted to get the album early.  I ordered my copy from Target and according to the tracking info, the disc has already shipped to the UPS that is less than a mile away from where I live.  It currently has a "Destination Scan" status as of one hour ago.  They'll probably wait to ship until tomorrow but you never know.  I know some stuff I've ordered from Amazon has shipped to me before the release date before. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2015, 01:08:42 PM »

Target donates huge sums of $ to exclusively right-wing political campaigns

I wish..  but they give to anti-american liberals too.

GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2015, 02:21:55 PM »

Oh I knew I wouldn't get lucky, I just posted the information because a few others were wondering if Target would break street date and have it early. I figured I was there anyway, and thought I would report in is all.   Cool

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »

Got the 3 cds I ordered by mail from Target today.  Wonderful stuff.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »

Got the 3 cds I ordered by mail from Target today.  Wonderful stuff.

Mine is still sitting at UPS (which ironically is just across the street from where I work). 

job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2015, 03:26:42 PM »

Target just delivered mine.
Radio 7
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »

Stopped by my local Target to get some discounted Easter candy, and they didn't have the album out yet.  Guess I'll be going back tomorrow (after listening to my iTunes download, of course)

We used to sell CD's where I work. The release dates are strictly controlled by record companies.  Target won't allow the CD's to be sold early, the cashier probably couldn't ring it up if he tried.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2015, 03:48:21 PM »

Target delivered my album a day early, hells yeah!!!  Cheesy

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2015, 09:58:37 PM »

Target delivered my album a day early, hells yeah!!!  Cheesy
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2015, 02:31:03 AM »

Are all liberals anti-American?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2015, 06:07:45 AM »

NO
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2015, 06:15:06 AM »

There's not a Target store within 100 miles from me that has this in stock.  Not one.  And it's not like I'm totally in the boonies.  It's not in stock in Wisconsin's largest cities.  Not Green Bay, not Madison, not Milwaukee, ferchristssake.  Why would they have an exclusive deal with bonus tracks if they're not even going to stock it?  Guess I'll go to Best Buy and get the 16 track version. 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2015, 06:22:10 AM »

There's not a Target store within 100 miles from me that has this in stock.  Not one.  And it's not like I'm totally in the boonies.  It's not in stock in Wisconsin's largest cities.  Not Green Bay, not Madison, not Milwaukee, ferchristssake.  Why would they have an exclusive deal with bonus tracks if they're not even going to stock it?  Guess I'll go to Best Buy and get the 16 track version. 

You could always order it online, chief.

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2015, 06:24:22 AM »

Just called my local Target and they have it. Looks like Dad will be able to grab it today as I have an appointment to go to.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2015, 06:25:47 AM »

There's not a Target store within 100 miles from me that has this in stock.  Not one.  And it's not like I'm totally in the boonies.  It's not in stock in Wisconsin's largest cities.  Not Green Bay, not Madison, not Milwaukee, ferchristssake.  Why would they have an exclusive deal with bonus tracks if they're not even going to stock it?  Guess I'll go to Best Buy and get the 16 track version.  

If you're going on the online "find in store" feature alone, I suggest you wait a little bit later in the day to check, or call them directly.  They may still be updating their inventory since it's still early and it's release day.  Speaking from experience.
KDS
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2015, 06:37:04 AM »

Thanks for that info GV. 

Just for kicks, I typed in several locations on the Target site just now, and only a small handful of stores are showing that they have the CD, according to their site. 

I was hoping to order it online since I won't be able to get over there until about 5pm today. 

I'll give them a call when I get a chance.
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2015, 07:04:29 AM »

Are all anti-liberals American?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »

Thanks for that info GV.  

Just for kicks, I typed in several locations on the Target site just now, and only a small handful of stores are showing that they have the CD, according to their site.  

I was hoping to order it online since I won't be able to get over there until about 5pm today.  

I'll give them a call when I get a chance.

And you are.........?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:29:33 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
KDS
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2015, 07:32:30 AM »

I am a big fan of The Beach Boys & Brian Wilson who is new to this board.  

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:37:11 AM by KDS » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 07:41:23 AM »

Welcome! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 07:43:46 AM »

Thank you. 

Today is a big day with the release of NPP. 

In early June, I plan on seeing Love and Mercy (I rarely go to movie theaters anymore).

In late June, I'll be in the 5th row at the Mann in Philly to see Brian, Al, Blondie, and his band. 

In late August, I'll be seeing Mike and Bruce. 
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2015, 08:40:35 AM »

Was there today at 8am, right when Target opened... ONE lone copy of the Deluxe CD was on the isle endcap. I guess I should consider myself lucky to have gotten it. One copy? Unless the other copies the store received were put away or sold early, that's nuts.
KDS
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »

Sometimes you have to hunt around at Target for CDs and DVDs as they'll put new releases or featured selections in a couple different parts of the store.  It's why I rarely purchase music or movies there anymore. 

I have a copy of hold for me.  I might go during my lunch break to pick it up. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2015, 08:53:23 AM »

I don’t think the website showing that almost no stores have it in stock is accurate. I’ve seen both Target and Best Buy take much or most of the release date to start showing stuff as in stock. At the same time, I don’t have a super good feeling about easily finding this at most stores. I’m going to check my nearest store in a couple of hours. If they really are stocking 1 or 2 copies per store, that can be a problem even if they don’t sell them. If they have one copy and some jackass picks it up and then just leaves it randomly in another part of the store, that alone can cause a huge problem. Or if the staff just doesn’t get around to putting it on the shelf, or puts it in a weird or incorrect spot. Bleh.

I normally would never even expect Target to stock a new BW album. What I don’t understand is going to the trouble of having a “Target Exclusive” variation and then still not making it easy to find. I hope I’m wrong and by the end of the today we start getting reports that everybody can find a copy.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2015, 08:55:25 AM »

I don’t think the website showing that almost no stores have it in stock is accurate. I’ve seen both Target and Best Buy take much or most of the release date to start showing stuff as in stock. At the same time, I don’t have a super good feeling about easily finding this at most stores. I’m going to check my nearest store in a couple of hours. If they really are stocking 1 or 2 copies per store, that can be a problem even if they don’t sell them. If they have one copy and some jackass picks it up and then just leaves it randomly in another part of the store, that alone can cause a huge problem. Or if the staff just doesn’t get around to putting it on the shelf, or puts it in a weird or incorrect spot. Bleh.

I normally would never even expect Target to stock a new BW album. What I don’t understand is going to the trouble of having a “Target Exclusive” variation and then still not making it easy to find. I hope I’m wrong and by the end of the today we start getting reports that everybody can find a copy.

The Target employee drew a blank stare when he heard the name "Brian Wilson", and he needed clarification about how to spell it. I felt like a geezer.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx