gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680818 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:58:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess we know where us US members are buying our copies of NO PIER PRESSURE  (Read 26391 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 09:29:06 AM »

The other bummer about ordering at a website like Target is that they’re probably not set up for “release date delivery.” Amazon, for instance, with its huge shipping and distribution network, actually promises delivery *on* release date for many items, especially movies and music. They do this by shipping as late as they can, but prior to release date, so that it still gets to you by release date. (It seems like a few years ago they would actually mail stuff out even earlier and I’d occasionally get stuff on Saturdays or Mondays prior to Tuesday release dates).

A lot of retailers don’t want to take a chance of breaking the release date and sending stuff out early, so many websites just make the release date the “shipping date” which of course means you get it however many days after the release date.

Normally I would just order from Amazon since they’re good about release date delivery usually, but of course I’d rather get the extra Target tracks.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 11:42:27 AM »

Just got the email from Target that my copy has shipped!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 11:53:16 AM »

Just got the email from Target that my copy has shipped!!

Guess you're getting it early? ( or it's on a slowboat to China)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 11:58:27 AM »

It has a UPS tracking number but no info yet.  The email clearly said it shipped today.  Prob tracking info in UPS online system by tonight.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »

It has a UPS tracking number but no info yet.  The email clearly said it shipped today.  Prob tracking info in UPS online system by tonight.

I'm happy for you.  I must be in the wrong zip code.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

Any chance Target puts NPP on their shelves a day early? I know they've been known to do this with new releases.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2015, 10:03:33 PM »

Mine has shipped, probably won't see it until next wednesday, it will be worth the wait, especially at  that price. I ordered an extra to send to my Aunt who loves Brian and it dealing with stage IV lung cancer. The lyrics to The Last Song hit home pretty hard for me.
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2015, 08:28:27 AM »

Yeah now that the tracking info is up it says delivery date of 04/08.  That sucks.  I need to find the download to get me thru until then but I can't find it anywhere.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2015, 08:50:47 AM »

Mine has shipped, probably won't see it until next wednesday, it will be worth the wait, especially at  that price. I ordered an extra to send to my Aunt who loves Brian and it dealing with stage IV lung cancer. The lyrics to The Last Song hit home pretty hard for me.

I have the same info from Target, Bud.  Wishing all the best to your Aunt.  I still remember the NPR report on a study on the healing effects of music.  The big winner of the songs that helped the most, "Whistle In" - no kidding.  With Brian, you're sending her the right guy for the job.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:51:42 AM by Debbie Keil-Leavitt » Logged
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »

Target donates huge sums of $ to exclusively right-wing political campaigns, which is the main thing that makes them awful IMO (your results may vary). Shocked

Didn't know that.  I guess I need to start shopping there more often. Thanks for the tip.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 10:00:07 AM »

Yeah now that the tracking info is up it says delivery date of 04/08.  That sucks.  I need to find the download to get me thru until then but I can't find it anywhere.

I was in Target last night and they said 4/7 delivery. So I went home and downloaded it for free. It's already on about 5 websites - FLAC or Mp3 256/320.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:54:25 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 12:37:01 PM »

Sorry if this has been covered...

In the UK - I can see a 16 track deluxe for download from iTunes and Google. However, the physical version is 18 tracks - anyone know if the 18 track version is available for download anywhere in the UK?

Cheers,

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2015, 08:38:43 PM »

Mine has shipped, probably won't see it until next wednesday, it will be worth the wait, especially at  that price. I ordered an extra to send to my Aunt who loves Brian and it dealing with stage IV lung cancer. The lyrics to The Last Song hit home pretty hard for me.

I have the same info from Target, Bud.  Wishing all the best to your Aunt.  I still remember the NPR report on a study on the healing effects of music.  The big winner of the songs that helped the most, "Whistle In" - no kidding.  With Brian, you're sending her the right guy for the job.

Thank you Debbie.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2015, 08:57:05 AM »

Yeah now that the tracking info is up it says delivery date of 04/08.  That sucks.  I need to find the download to get me thru until then but I can't find it anywhere.

I was in Target last night and they said 4/7 delivery. So I went home and downloaded it for free. It's already on about 5 websites - FLAC or Mp3 256/320. PM me if you're that hard up for it and can't find it.

Consider this an official warning, this kind of post is NOT allowed on this forum. It's clearly stated in the forum rules and will be strictly enforced. There is no question what the rules are, there should be no reason at all to post something like this. It ends here.

Moving forward, future posts similar to this one from anyone regarding downloads, links, shares, etc of commercial releases will be removed and the posters subject to an immediate ban, no questions asked.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »

I was in Target last night and they said 4/7 delivery. So I went home and downloaded it for free. It's already on about 5 websites - FLAC or Mp3 256/320. PM me if you're that hard up for it and can't find it.

Consider this an official warning, this kind of post is NOT allowed on this forum. It's clearly stated in the forum rules and will be strictly enforced. There is no question what the rules are, there should be no reason at all to post something like this. It ends here.

Moving forward, future posts similar to this one from anyone regarding downloads, links, shares, etc of commercial releases will be removed and the posters subject to an immediate ban, no questions asked.

Yeah, that Mikie has always been a bad egg; he knows better, but likes to flout authority, alot.

As to the ban, for the benefit of any of the rest of us, who might make this mistake innocently, will it be permanent or a day/week/month? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »

Yeah, that Mikie has always been a bad egg; he knows better, but likes to flout authority, alot.

As to the ban, for the benefit of any of the rest of us, who might make this mistake innocently, will it be permanent or a day/week/month? 

The first offense will be 7 days. With the policy so clearly spelled out in the rules, a policy which has been in place for years, I can't see a possibility for an innocent mistake when it comes to offering or posting invitations to download any commercial release for free on request, or requesting such a thing on the board. It's simply not allowed and is strictly enforced. Beyond that, anyone who has been a member here as long as many of us have been should know better and just not post things like this.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »

Sorry, GF. I edited my post. It was a mistake and in no way was I "flouting authority" like Bgas said. Also, I received the promise of those who PM'd me that they were already planning on buying the CD and the intent was to 'hold them over' as they requested.

- Good Egg Mikie
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:21:20 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2015, 07:22:29 PM »

No worries bro...you're good!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2015, 08:50:01 PM »

Craig got mad though, Billy. I don't wanna piss Craig off. You guys and Klass are the besteses.

coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 06:37:04 AM »

Does anyone know if Target will be putting NPP on the shelves a day early like they occasionally do with new Tuesday releases?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 06:42:01 AM »

Does anyone know if Target will be putting NPP on the shelves a day early like they occasionally do with new Tuesday releases?

I would tend to doubt it. They’re not supposed to, and when big chains do it it’s much more obvious than when some indie store breaks the release date. When this occurs, it’s usually purely a lucky (for fans) accident. I haven’t seen Target do this often, at least with movies. I’m trying to think of the last time I bought a new music release there. I think TWGMTR in 2012, and McCartney’s album in 2013 were the last.

It doesn’t look like “No Pier Pressure” even made it into the Sunday weekend flyer/advertisement. The website still doesn’t allow store-by-store tracking of what’s in stock, as the release date is tomorrow.

Other than going to a store or calling them, the best bet is to check on the website if your local store shows it in-stock tomorrow. The website should hopefully allow for that tomorrow.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2015, 06:43:59 AM »

Craig got mad though, Billy. I don't wanna piss Craig off. You guys and Klass are the besteses.

Maybe you should give him his Cadberry Eggs back?  That could cheer him up?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2015, 07:16:04 AM »

Called my local Target. After 15-20 minutes, they finally picked up in electronics and told me they didn't have it yet Tongue
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2015, 07:19:45 AM »

Maybe you should give him his Cadberry Eggs back?  That could cheer him up?

Grin

GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2015, 08:04:00 AM »

Stopped by my local Target to get some discounted Easter candy, and they didn't have the album out yet.  Guess I'll be going back tomorrow (after listening to my iTunes download, of course)

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx