gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:38:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess we know where us US members are buying our copies of NO PIER PRESSURE  (Read 26256 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 10:20:32 AM »

I think it was Michael Buble who had a website exclusive version of his newest album that had the same bonus tracks as the Target exclusive…

Does anyone else think Michael Bublé uses Dijon mustard?  (sorry, wrong thread… )

Only on badly pitched hot dogs. Wink 2

Darn, I'm sure I wrote AUT0-TUNE! Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »

Did I miss something, or should that have been in the Guess You Had to Be There thread?

“We live in divisive times.”
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »

Did I miss something, or should that have been in the Guess You Had to Be There thread?

You spotted it correctly, I posted in the wrong discussion and just fixed it. Can't keep track of this stuff!  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 04:18:12 PM »

I just ordered from Amazon UK because I want the extra tracks but don't want to support Target. Target is charging $13.99, while I paid twice that much to get the Amazon UK one (CDs are more expensive in the UK than in the US to begin with, plus of course I had to pay shipping), but oh well. I really wanted those tracks. Brian, I don't do this for all artists!  Cheesy
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

Has anyone ascertained the difference between the £17.06 and £18.99 CD versions of the album being offered by Amazon UK?

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »

I just ordered from Amazon UK because I want the extra tracks but don't want to support Target. Target is charging $13.99, while I paid twice that much to get the Amazon UK one (CDs are more expensive in the UK than in the US to begin with, plus of course I had to pay shipping), but oh well. I really wanted those tracks. Brian, I don't do this for all artists!  Cheesy

Why would Brian care where you buy the version you want? 
Also wondering if you check every supplier, for everything you buy, to be certain they're not using your money in ways you don't approve?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »

Already discussed and already pre-ordered.  Wink
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,19886.50.html

This.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 01:19:51 PM »

Also wondering if you check every supplier, for everything you buy, to be certain they're not using your money in ways you don't approve?

Did you think I was being serious about the Brian thing?
And no, I don't check every supplier. It's impossible to NOT support some wrongdoing. But when I become aware of something a company is doing, I become less likely to support that company.
What got into you?
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »

And no, I don't check every supplier. It's impossible to NOT support some wrongdoing. But when I become aware of something a company is doing, I become less likely to support that company.
What got into you?

Amy, could you tell me what you object to at Target in a PM?  I don't want to send this thread into a discussion of Target, but I would like to know if I'd want to boycott them too over some practice of theirs.  Thanks
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 02:35:20 PM »

What got into you?

Amy, could you tell me what you object to at Target in a PM?  I don't want to send this thread into a discussion of Target, but I would like to know if I'd want to boycott them too over some practice of theirs.  Thanks

perhaps, this is the Target reference: 

Target donates huge sums of $ to exclusively right-wing political campaigns, which is the main thing that makes them awful IMO (your results may vary). Shocked

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »

What got into you?

perhaps, this is the Target reference: 

Target donates huge sums of $ to exclusively right-wing political campaigns, which is the main thing that makes them awful IMO (your results may vary). Shocked

Aha!  Thanks for finding that Bgas - good to know.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 03:07:56 PM »

Yeah, thanks Bgas, for reading the entire thread to get that information!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 04:22:44 PM »

Plus, Brian takes the rest of the money from the CD's and donates THAT to republican political campaigns.  Geesh!

I'm just gonna re-record all the songs with my guitar and burn them on a cd... that way I know that it'll 100% line up with my political beliefs.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 05:09:03 PM »

deleted so this doesn't turn into a thread about Target  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:13:51 PM by Amy B. » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 06:17:18 PM »

I live in Target's home state (Minn.) where they donated to the aforementioned right-wing gubernatorial campaign, which was Tom Emmer in 2010. He lost. Mark Dayton (of Dayton's, the department store chain that actually owned Target...anyone else find that funny?) won. Then he won again. Anyone interested in a Sandbox or PM discussion on that whole fucking topic, I'm in.

But I do still shop at Target. Because seriously, what are the options? (Again, I'm open to a serious discussion of that elsewhere. No name-calling. I'm nice.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 06:23:36 PM »

I live in Target's home state (Minn.) where they donated to the aforementioned right-wing gubernatorial campaign, which was Tom Emmer in 2010. He lost. Mark Dayton (of Dayton's, the department store chain that actually owned Target...anyone else find that funny?) won. Then he won again. Anyone interested in a Sandbox or PM discussion on that whole fucking topic, I'm in.

But I do still shop at Target. Because seriously, what are the options? (Again, I'm open to a serious discussion of that elsewhere. No name-calling. I'm nice.)

You are officially recognized here as a nice guy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »

You are officially recognized here as a nice guy.

I'm also tall and punctual. These are my skills.  Grin

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 01:01:16 AM »

Kind of OT, but I didn't want to open a new thread for this: On Amazon.de the release date of the vinyl version has been postponed to June 12 - WTF?!? On Amazon.com it's still the same date as the CD.  I don't think it's an April Fool's joke though...

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 01:05:40 AM »

Plus, Brian takes the rest of the money from the CD's and donates THAT to republican political campaigns.  Geesh!

I'm just gonna re-record all the songs with my guitar and burn them on a cd... that way I know that it'll 100% line up with my political beliefs.
But where did you buy the blank CD from? There's no way out, man...

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 01:41:42 AM »

But where did you buy the blank CD from? There's no way out, man...

don't record it. Just play it live every time you want to hear it. And make your own guitar, like Brian May. The harmonies might be tricky though.

Please delete my account
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 05:53:10 AM »

Kind of OT, but I didn't want to open a new thread for this: On Amazon.de the release date of the vinyl version has been postponed to June 12 - WTF?!? On Amazon.com it's still the same date as the CD.  I don't think it's an April Fool's joke though...

I'm not familiar with this particular case, but I've noticed that there has regularly been frustration among fans/collectors about vinyl release dates coming and going, being pushed back, postponed, canceled, etc. The trend sometimes seems to be that, while vinyl has become trendy and an extra little source of revenue for some labels, it still seems to be sort of a second-tier item that they place less emphasis on, sort of a niche novelty item despite the fact that some folks actually listen to the vinyl.

When the vinyl release gets delays, it often just means logistical delays. Occasionally, it might actually mean they're actually doing some QA on it and taking more time to re-cut the vinyl for better sound (as opposed to what they sometimes do which is to just run off the 44.1/16-bit CD master onto vinyl).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 07:10:20 AM »

I just got a notice from Target that there's a delay on the projected delivery date originally set for this week.  Now it's next week after the official release date.  It's probably no more complicated than that they made a mistake on the ship date to begin with. Ah, how rumors start. 

People here seemed to be expecting it in Target stores today.  Is that still supposed to happen?  I'll go to the site and see for myself if I can order it for pick up locally, but that might vary by location.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »

I just got a notice from Target that there's a delay on the projected delivery date originally set for this week.  Now it's next week after the official release date.  It's probably no more complicated than that they made a mistake on the ship date to begin with. Ah, how rumors start.  

People here seemed to be expecting it in Target stores today.  Is that still supposed to happen?  I'll go to the site and see for myself if I can order it for pick up locally, but that might vary by location.

The release date is officially next Tuesday, 4/7, so it definitely won't be in stores prior to that date (unless a store slips up, which the big chains do less frequently than indie shops).

Considering it's a "Target Exclusive", that should mean all their stores are getting it. Occasionally, "Target Exclusive" shipments get delays to specific stores, but that's somewhat rare.

The ability to track in-store stock on the Target website is useful up to a certain point, but usually that isn't able to be checked/tracked until release date. When release date comes, if it shows as "out of stock", then you can probably avoid the store. If it shows as "in stock", that doesn't necessarily mean they'll have it for sure, but they probably should.

I don't anticipate mass sell-outs of the Target edition of Brian's album. The big issue will be if stores reliably stock it, and stock it in such a way that it can be easily found (random endcap versus the main music display), and that they don't stock like 2 copies per store or something ridiculous (in which case it then of course could sell out without too much trouble).

I've had some random bad luck grabbing Target exclusives, but it's usually a random thing like one store not getting its shipment on time. I have at least 7 Target stores within reasonable driving distance, so I'm hoping at least some of those have it easily available.

The big things I've heard of selling out fast are things like Disney Steelbook Blu-rays and stuff like that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:05:12 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 08:40:37 AM »

I'm not familiar with this particular case, but I've noticed that there has regularly been frustration among fans/collectors about vinyl release dates coming and going, being pushed back, postponed, canceled, etc. The trend sometimes seems to be that, while vinyl has become trendy and an extra little source of revenue for some labels, it still seems to be sort of a second-tier item that they place less emphasis on, sort of a niche novelty item despite the fact that some folks actually listen to the vinyl.

When the vinyl release gets delays, it often just means logistical delays. Occasionally, it might actually mean they're actually doing some QA on it and taking more time to re-cut the vinyl for better sound (as opposed to what they sometimes do which is to just run off the 44.1/16-bit CD master onto vinyl).

The TWGMTR vinyl was announced to be released later than the CD worldwide right from the start. In the case of NPP, originally the CD and LP had the same release day. I just re-checked and now the date has been further postponed to July 3rd! Angry (Accidentally my father's birthday, but he doesn't listen to vinyl any more.) On Amazon.com however CD and LP still have the same release day. In Germany the release day is this Friday, which is nonsense because it's a holiday. I shall have the CD on Saturday, then.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »

I just got a notice from Target that there's a delay on the projected delivery date originally set for this week.  Now it's next week after the official release date.  It's probably no more complicated than that they made a mistake on the ship date to begin with. Ah, how rumors start.  

People here seemed to be expecting it in Target stores today.  Is that still supposed to happen?  I'll go to the site and see for myself if I can order it for pick up locally, but that might vary by location.

The release date is officially next Tuesday, 4/7, so it definitely won't be in stores prior to that date (unless a store slips up, which the big chains do less frequently than indie shops).

Considering it's a "Target Exclusive", that should mean all their stores are getting it. Occasionally, "Target Exclusive" shipments get delays to specific stores, but that's somewhat rare.

The ability to track in-store stock on the Target website is useful up to a certain point, but usually that isn't able to be checked/tracked until release date. When release date comes, if it shows as "out of stock", then you can probably avoid the store. If it shows as "in stock", that doesn't necessarily mean they'll have it for sure, but they probably should.

I don't anticipate mass sell-outs of the Target edition of Brian's album. The big issue will be if stores reliably stock it, and stock it in such a way that it can be easily found (random endcap versus the main music display), and that they don't stock like 2 copies per store or something ridiculous (in which case it then of course could sell out without too much trouble).

I've had some random bad luck grabbing Target exclusives, but it's usually a random thing like one store not getting its shipment on time. I have at least 7 Target stores within reasonable driving distance, so I'm hoping at least some of those have it easily available.

The big things I've heard of selling out fast are things like Disney Steelbook Blu-rays and stuff like that.

Thanks so much, HeyJude.  Not being a collector myself - just usually buying copies for myself and friends who are on other continents on the release date - and most of that done in CA where I don't live now, I'm far from an expert on these things.  Since the Target site would only let me pre-order through the site by mail, not store pick-up, I was pretty surprised to see that my projected arrival date was this week.  But with the German and Japanese release dates, I thought maybe this was an exclusive.  They have obviously corrected themselves with a new email about arrival date Apr 8-12.  I still need to check to see if they're taking orders for store pick up - there are probably 8-10 reasonably nearby stores for me, too.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx