gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 01:26:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some archival Brian Wilson articles on RollingStone.com  (Read 3276 times)
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »

Could be wrong but there's some articles that (i think) have been unavailable on the RS site until recently. Either way, these 2 articles in particular are worth reading.

One from 1988 covering Landy, the making of the '88 album, etc.  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/god-only-knows-19880811

From July 1999, this one details B.W.'s then-upcoming first solo tour. Whole lot of tidbits to munch on here: Brian thinks 'What a Fool Believes' is a scary record, Melinda was working w/ a screenwriter on a biopic that would hopefully star Jeff Bridges, and she considers the Paley — Wilson material "great therapy" but says his vocals are not up to par and believes the production isn't good enough to be released commercially. Melinda says she'd like to see the two go back into the studio in St. Charles to rerecord more-polished versions of the songs. Oh, and here's a classic Brianism for ya (the article starts w/ a description of Brian, pacing around naked, at a New Age spa w/ Andy Paley): "You guys want some steam? Let's try the steam," he says.

"Nah, it's too hot for me," answers Paley. "I'm wimpy. I'm like a little girl."

Wilson pulls himself from the Jacuzzi and walks off, dripping water behind him. "Don't you know, Andy," he says, turning back, "we're all little girls."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/brians-summer-plans-19990708
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:35:21 PM by Ghost_of_Dr._Landy » Logged

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:04:01 AM »

Brianisms - the only thing in the world you can count on  Cheesy

Thanks for posting!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »

[...]

"Don't you know, Andy," he says, turning back, "we're all little girls."

LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx