gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:00:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brother Where Art Thou…  (Read 2442 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:04:31 PM »

… is a 12-page feature on Brian's lost years in the new issue of Mojo. Written by Tom Doyle and Dom Priore. Feast of pics…

“We live in divisive times.”
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:02:15 PM »

… is a 12-page feature on Brian's lost years in the new issue of Mojo. Written by Tom Doyle and Dom Priore. Feast of pics…

Any new info about the bedroom tapes, etc...?
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 03:49:48 PM »

Wow sounds great. Thanks for the heads up, John. Will pick this up tomorrow.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »

Actually, Having read it just now I'm a little underwhelmed. Dom's piece is the biggie and focuses on the period between Smile and LA Light, retreading old ground and going into plenty of detail with regard to song titles, studios used and the way different band members came to the fore while Brian sat it out. Look out for the odd blooper, such as Time to Get Alone being a Bruce track.

While Dom's the the bulk of the feature, it's really a background sidebar to the tale presented as a sidebar, which is Tom's new interview with Brian about Love & Mercy. Very little there that we didn't know either.

This issue also has a three-star review of NPP, by Tom Doyle, who picks Whatever Happened and particularly "orhestral closer" Last Song - "there's never enough time for the ones that you love" - as the standouts. Runaway Dancer "rankles", which I can relate to…

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:53:19 PM »

Other featured reviews:

Ringo Starr's new album (2): ***
Aidan Baker's new album (1): ***
Mini Mansions' new album: ****

(1): That's Aidan, not Adrian Baker. Was you fooled?
(2): VDP plays some keyboards on Ringo's album, arranges horns and co-writes one track, Bamboula.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »

Going to look into new MOJO, thanks.!

Had the new Starr since last week, still haven't gotten around to putting it on.. Didn't know VDP was on it!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:18:34 PM »

Other featured reviews:

Ringo Starr's new album (2): ***
Aidan Baker's new album (1): ***
Mini Mansions' new album: ****

(1): That's Aidan, not Adrian Baker. Was you fooled?
(2): VDP plays some keyboards on Ringo's album, arranges horns and co-writes one track, Bamboula.

What's on the CD?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 10:47:26 AM »

Hi john,

What's on the cover of this one? I popped into town today but could only find the led Zeppelin April issue. I guess if you're subscribing you got it a few days earlier?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »

Hi john,

What's on the cover of this one? I popped into town today but could only find the led Zeppelin April issue. I guess if you're subscribing you got it a few days earlier?

You can see the cover at the top and bottom left of the site page:  http://www.mojo4music.com/

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »

Hi john,

Yes I subscribe… it's a Blur cover and the cD claims to be Blur-inspired. If they keep focusing on these trendy modern youth-orientated hipster bands I might cancel my sub! Wink

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx