gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:23:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson & Friends "SoundStage" DVD Will (Apparently) Be Released  (Read 55535 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2015, 09:24:51 AM »

Thanks. I guess I'll be patient another week.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2015, 11:19:50 AM »

It's too bad they can't just send e-mails out with USPS tracking numbers. That would fix a lot of the problems. Once you know it has a tracking number, you know it's in the mail and can get an idea of when it will arrive.

The funny thing is, even though they're not giving anyone tracking numbers, they are using them on the packages.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »

It's too bad they can't just send e-mails out with USPS tracking numbers. That would fix a lot of the problems. Once you know it has a tracking number, you know it's in the mail and can get an idea of when it will arrive.

The funny thing is, even though they're not giving anyone tracking numbers, they are using them on the packages.

Their shipping outfit is pretty amateur but hey, I guess it's in the budget.  3D
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2015, 02:04:44 PM »

I received my signed Blu-ray/DVD package today.  I ordered it following instructions from Elizabeth (thanks bgas). It took about a week from when I placed the order to arrive from the US to the UK! I am impressed.

Not only that but the price was great and I wasn't charged international postage.

The Blu-ray plays on my machine.

Oh, and Brian's signature is a lot better now that Jeff has left!  I paid £75 UK pound for the C50 signed program from the official online shop and got a 'fake' Brian signature. This package cost me less than £30 and the signature is the real deal.  Classy all round. Grin
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »

Well, I made my order April 9, and have started sending emails every day since Saturday the 25 asking for... anything.

Still no reply.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2015, 05:44:19 PM »

Ordered on the 22nd. Got mine today. Phew!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2015, 06:07:48 PM »

professor got his saturday--watch tonight. never a word in response to email however.

quote author=pixletwin link=topic=20216.msg514434#msg514434 date=1430354659]
Ordered on the 22nd. Got mine today. Phew!
[/quote]
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »

Well, I made my order April 9, and have started sending emails every day since Saturday the 25 asking for... anything.

Still no reply.

If I placed an orer such as you did and KNEW my credit card had been charged, I'd either call my card company and dispute/cancel the charge ( and then chance a re-order)
OR I'd quit wasting my time on emails and use the telephone
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:34:56 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »

friends, I hope everyone who is facing a delay and a confusing silence from the company will soon get the product. I was anxious going through the phone calls and also considering having the charges disputed. but please pardon me if I mention now that I am watching the show and that I am absolutely spellbound because it is wonderful in spirit in feel and sound and look and choice of personnel and of songs and is all around just so wonderful. Of course my regret is that David is not playing with them and my regret is that the Beach Boys did not do a show like this. there are no shots of the idiotic audience, and the production is so much better.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »

Still no reply.

If I placed an orer such as you did and KNEW my credit card had been charged, I'd either call my card company and dispute/cancel the charge ( and then chance a re-order)
My bank records show a successful charge on the 10th of April. Smiley

Seems the telephone is my next route.  From the replies here, it seemed the email was the avenue getting results, but I'm just not getting anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:10:31 PM by R. Smith » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »

Still no reply.

Unfortunately, their 800 telephone number, "we'll take a message and get back to you in one day" routine is useless as well. At least it was in my case. Twice. So, if all avenues of communication are exhausted to no avail, a CC dispute would indeed probably be the only way. FWIW, I also called the general help line at WTTW...who simply gave me the 800 number again!

As noted before, for me, the *only* response I finally got was when I e-mailed "Elizabeth" at WTTW, who then forwarded my message to Questar. After apologetically acknowledging that they neglected to see/fill my order at all (even though my CC was charged immediately as well...way back on 4/10), they said they would finally be shipping it out on 4/22 ,and that it should take 3-7 days [note: I believe I incorrectly wrote "3-10 days" in a previous post].

As of today, seven days later, I still haven't received it. So, I'm really hoping it arrives in the next day or two (I live in Cleveland). I think I've watched that YouTube clip of "Wild Honey" on my Smart TV about 30 times already as a temporary salve...lol.

The ironic, double whammy part is that they charged $10.95 for S&H.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:44:19 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »

I ordered mine on the 20th and got it on the 24th.  Glad I waited to order it.

I've watched it a few times now and think it is fantastic!  Though there are a few moments when the instruments are too loud in the mix, or it could just be the possibility of Brian not singing loudly enough into the mic.  That is my only complaint.   

Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2015, 03:04:02 PM »

Just a quick update (as someone who had a problem with his order)...

My copy finally did arrive today, 4-30.

Looking forward to watching it tonight!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2015, 11:28:12 PM »

Great Dave.  Tell us if you agree with the Professor that GOK is the only clunker. . . . .just a terrible tin pan alley arrangement.

Just a quick update (as someone who had a problem with his order)...

My copy finally did arrive today, 4-30.

Looking forward to watching it tonight!
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2015, 12:04:38 AM »

Great Dave.  Tell us if you agree with the Professor that GOK is the only clunker. . . . .just a terrible tin pan alley arrangement.

I'm not exactly sure. I think I may have been too busy admiring "the She"...........in HD.   angel

It's known to cloud judgment.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:11:57 AM by Dave Modny » Logged
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2015, 04:26:06 PM »

I'm happy (and relieved) to report that my order finally arrived yesterday.  Apparently, one of my daily emails must have finally been attended by someone, but the utter lack of any response, whatsoever, is still a little head-scratching.

I'm a patient guy and had I received even one single reply from anyone (whether it was a shipping confirmation or just a simple acknowledgement that I had been heard), I would have been content to wait patiently while things had been sorted-out on their end.

As it stands right now, though, I'd probably feel a little reticent about ordering through these folks again.

Anyway, I know this thread is about the show, and I'll share my thoughts on the complete performance at another time (also arriving at my door yesterday was a new novel, so I'll be busy having fun over the next two days, or so).

Mostly, though, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the likes of Dave Modny, ArchStanton, bgas, HeyJude, the professor and everyone who has been helpful in sharing their experiences, providing contact information and/or offering their encouragement.  

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:29:52 PM by R. Smith » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

I'm happy (and relieved) to report that my order finally arrived yesterday.  Apparently, one of my daily emails must have finally been attended by someone, but the utter lack of any response, whatsoever, is still a little head-scratching.

I'm a patient guy and had I received even one single reply from anyone (whether it was a shipping confirmation or just a simple acknowledgement that I had been heard), I would have been content to wait patiently while things had been sorted-out on their end.

As it stands right now, though, I'd probably feel a little reticent about ordering through these folks again.

Anyway, I know this thread is about the show, and I'll share my thoughts on the complete performance at another time (also arriving at my door yesterday was a new novel, so I'll be busy having fun over the next two days, or so).

Mostly, though, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the likes of Dave Modny, ArchStanton, bgas, HeyJude, the professor and everyone who has been helpful in sharing their experiences, providing contact information and/or offering their encouragement.  

Thanks again!

Glad it finally worked out!

And, I totally agree with you: The whole lack of customer service was really starting to get frustrating and exhausting for me as well --  continually ignoring e-mails, calls and contact forms is simply inexcusable. While I do understand that glitches can occur in any type of online sales transaction, they simply need(ed) a better mechanism in place for dealing with mishaps on *their* end.

It also sucks when folks like us have to derail threads like this with "order/shipping horror stories" in order to seek out and get any results. So, my sincere apologies to all on that front.
Jim McShane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »

Great Dave.  Tell us if you agree with the Professor that GOK is the only clunker. . . . .just a terrible tin pan alley arrangement.

I thought the first verse was wonderful, but from then on it was pretty much unbearable. I think Zooey does a wonderful job, in particular I love the way she sings "what good would living do me?" But I can't take that drum beat in the 2nd verse and beyond. I agree with you.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:43:35 PM by Jim McShane » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2015, 12:50:42 PM »

"God Only Knows" is actually my favorite part of the DVD.  I'm curious though what Nate's version sounded like.  Wish they'd included it as a bonus.  Speaking of bonuses, love the two TWGMTR songs but can't understand why they weren't included in the main feature.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »

the songs from radio were very weak with the other Beach Boys voices missing. al was singing some background, but he missed the opportunity to sing Mike part in summers gone for some unknown reason. Those sounded like soundcheck  rehearsals that were not fully arranged or conceptualized. Brian should have told Al what parts to sing.

quote author=Rocky Raccoon link=topic=20216.msg514947#msg514947 date=1430682642]
"God Only Knows" is actually my favorite part of the DVD.  I'm curious though what Nate's version sounded like.  Wish they'd included it as a bonus.  Speaking of bonuses, love the two TWGMTR songs but can't understand why they weren't included in the main feature.
[/quote]
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2015, 02:01:09 PM »

"God Only Knows" is actually my favorite part of the DVD.  I'm curious though what Nate's version sounded like.  Wish they'd included it as a bonus. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCLeXk4P6A
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2015, 02:18:19 PM »

"God Only Knows" is actually my favorite part of the DVD.  I'm curious though what Nate's version sounded like.  Wish they'd included it as a bonus. 

ThankS!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2015, 02:28:35 PM »

yes, that's much better than the tin pan alley version. Nate has a sweet voice like young Carl. . .charming

ThankS!

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »

the songs from radio were very weak with the other Beach Boys voices missing. al was singing some background, but he missed the opportunity to sing Mike part in summers gone for some unknown reason. Those sounded like soundcheck  rehearsals that were not fully arranged or conceptualized. Brian should have told Al what parts to sing.

I thought the lack of Mike on Summers Gone was rather poignant... And probably intentionally so.
KDS
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2015, 07:21:48 AM »

[/quote]

I think this was the first ever live performance of PCH.  And the first time Brian's band did Summer's Gone.  I know Summer's Gone appeared on the setlist at the very end of the C50 Tour, but I think it was only for the closing shows in the UK. 

So, I'm thinking if PCH/Summer's Gone are in the set for the tour (fingers crossed, with From There to Back Again please), that they'll be a little more fine tuned. 
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx