gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:03:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson & Friends "SoundStage" DVD Will (Apparently) Be Released  (Read 55517 times)
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »

I didn't receive my copy here in Omaha. Sad I'm such a spazz that I saw some kid walking up the street with a plain brown envelope of sorts and now I'm worried he robbed my mailbox as it is right on the street. Once in a while, it does happen around here, sadly...

Like I said, I am a spazz, I am sure it is on the way. My post office typically runs a day late on delivering packages for some reason.

I hope yours arrives, I too know the pain (and thus, the paranoia) of having stuff lifted from my stoop.

Omaha? Nice! Does Homer's do anything for RSD? One of my favorite record stores when I'm in the area. My folks used to live in Council Bluffs, so I spent quite a bit of time playing around in Omaha.

Yep, Homer's does it up pretty big! I have never gotten into vinyl (I'm in my 30s so it was fading out as I was getting into music and I'm not cool enough to start now) so I don't go as vinyl is definitely the focus of RSD now, but I do love the store. And I do mean singular store--they're down to only one now, which stinks, but I think it is hanging tough.

The Beach Boys did a free show in Council Bluffs two years ago, that was fun!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »

I wish I could get the DVD with the autograph without having to buy the CD again.  Not that I regret buying the CD already, the 18 track version is the way to go.  What are these guys thinking that a Brian Wilson fan who would want a video of his concert and his autograph would settle for the non-deluxe CD?

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2015, 07:54:24 PM »

Watching tonight. Wow! Blondie and Ricky Rockin'out on 'Sail on Sailor'. Love Blondie's guitar at the end! Fantastic!

Runaway Dancer: Brian and Sebu singing together....Sounded a little like Phil Collins and Phillip Bailey singing together on 'Easy Lover' which is a compliment.

Sail Away: Really, really nice song. Nice hearing the guys sharing lead vocals. wow.

What a great concert DVD.

Anyone know why Soundstage didn't get the call to do the BB50 tour? Lost opportunity.

I'd love to see Soundstage do the upcoming Beach Boys Pet Sounds Reunion Tour.  Shocked  Evil angel Wink
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2015, 07:58:09 PM »

I wish I could get the DVD with the autograph without having to buy the CD again.  Not that I regret buying the CD already, the 18 track version is the way to go.  What are these guys thinking that a Brian Wilson fan who would want a video of his concert and his autograph would settle for the non-deluxe CD?

Pass it on to a friend. Or a stranger. Or a Beatles fan.  Evil

I hear you. Target got the super deluxe release rights.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:59:32 PM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2015, 07:52:44 AM »

This concert is a must-own.

As someone who was a huge fan of The Format and love alt-country music, it's a little surreal to have a copy of Nate Ruess singing Hold On Dear Brother. That might be the highlight of the concert for me. Little parts of the performance, like Blondie pointing to Nate and then hugging him at the end, and when the camera focuses in on Brian looking at Nate are really cool. Probyn Gregory's guitar work is fantastic to boot.

I like the performances of Sail Away and Saturday Night more than the album versions. They're not extraordinarily different or anything, it just gets rid of the gloss from the production of NPP.

Anything that features Blondie or Ricky is really special too. The grit that Blondie brings vocally and with his guitar work contrasted with the note-perfect performances of Brian's band is really interesting to hear and watch. It makes me wonder why The Beach Boys or Brian haven't been utilizing Blondie more over the years. His voice still sounds top notch and his guitar work is fantastic.

I will say, some of the vocals on This Beautiful Day sound extremely similar to the vocals on the album version, and it tended to happen on extremely wide shots.

I thought Brian sounded great, though. This might sound condescending, but he's really figured out how to sing with his "new" voice. He's singing softer now, which seems to allow him to hit higher notes with greater ease. The shouting is nowhere to be found, and while his voice isn't as strong as it once was, it sounds very good. Brian also seems very natural. Perhaps shots of him were from the soundcheck and not the live performance, but he seems comfortable. There's a few times when he's just sitting there smirking where he looks exactly as he did when he was 24 years old. Wide smiling never seems natural for Brian during performances.

Al, of course, sounds fantastic throughout the concert. (And having a teleprompter certainly seems to help  Cheesy)

I would have preferred to hear Nate's version of God Only Knows over She & Him's, but I thought Zooey sounded good. Nate sounded very good on Darlin'.

I thought Matt and Ike sounded good together on falsetto. It was strange that Matt wasn't out for the whole concert, though.

All in all, well worth the money and wait.
JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2015, 06:04:51 PM »

DVD/Blueray combo arrived in upstate NY today.  Watching it as I type and really enjoying it.  As many have stated, it's a very good concert disc, far superior to the C50 video.

Jim

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2015, 10:34:12 PM »

Board Members who are interested are invited to my Reuminations blog for my review of the new Soundstage Brian Wilson and Friends Blue Ray and DVD set. It can be found at blogspot.com. Thanks!

If it runs amuck, call the duck
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2015, 02:21:23 AM »

I'll check it out Peter!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2015, 09:46:49 AM »

Well, I just realized that I didn't order enough of these, so just got #4 and #5 of this video.  Essential gifts for friends and myself, and another viewing party hopefully scheduled soon.  I love the quality of the video in addition to the performances.  The bonus songs and interviews are essential, as well.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »

Sounds awesome, thanks for the reviews so far!

Any advice on how us Europeans can get one of the Blu Rays?

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2015, 04:24:51 PM »

Sounds awesome, thanks for the reviews so far!

Any advice on how us Europeans can get one of the Blu Rays?

I'm thinking read the whole thread

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »

Can anyone help me out in Australia?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »

Quick update for anyone who's been following my trials and tribulations with the Soundstage order, or for anyone else who might be having issues...

As a last resort, I e-mailed Elizabeth at the WTTW e-mail address today (thanks Bgas for that addy!) after previously using the order site contact form e-mail address and 800 phone number (twice!). She must've forwarded it to Questar because about an hour ago I finally received an e-mail from "Jonathan" there, stating that he would personally look into the situation.

And then, 5 minutes ago, I received a phone call from him stating that while, yes, my credit card was indeed automatically charged initially, they were having problems with their new order software, and, as a result, somehow, my order never was received for processing. He apologized emphatically, took my address down again, and told me it would go out in the mail tomorrow (fingers crossed). Bottom line: Good thing I stayed on this, or I would've been waiting for nothing.

So, if you have problems...keep on it. Smiley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2015, 03:30:31 PM »

I have to add that I have just received a brief email from Elizabeth informing me that my package has been mailed.

I have faith! Keep the faith!

“We live in divisive times.”
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2015, 04:51:14 PM »

Just heard from Elizabeth giving me the instructions on how to order.  Here's hoping! Grin
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2015, 11:56:31 AM »

I placed my order on April 9, with my credit card being charged the next day.

I sent off a quick email on April 15, just asking whether they had had the opportunity to ship my order yet.  Though the site promised a reply within one business day, I've not yet heard a word.

More, I've read of more than one fan here who hails from roughly the same area (Upstate NY) and who have long-since received theirs.

So yeah, I suppose I'm beginning to feel a tad... uneasy.

Not sure whether I should try to contact them again (or if it would even do me any good, considering I never heard back from them)?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:58:02 AM by R. Smith » Logged
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2015, 12:00:44 PM »

I would try again, or even call--you absolutely should have had it by now.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2015, 01:11:11 PM »

I sent off a quick email on April 15, just asking whether they had had the opportunity to ship my order yet.  Though the site promised a reply within one business day, I've not yet heard a word.

More, I've read of more than one fan here who hails from roughly the same area (Upstate NY) and who have long-since received theirs.

Not sure whether I should try to contact them again (or if it would even do me any good, considering I never heard back from them)?

I don't know if you saw any of my earlier posts, but your situation seems similar to what I went through. I also ordered late night of the 9th. Ultimately, it took an e-mail to Elizabeth at soundstage@wttw.com (who then apparently forwarded it to Jonathan at Questar) for me to get any sort of response/results.  The "Contact" email form and 800 number were useless for me.

And while I still haven't received my order, I was assured with a follow-up e-mail that it shipped out this past Wednesday, 4-22. They said 3-10 days to arrive.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2015, 01:20:22 PM »

I ordered the DVD/CD combo (autographed) on 4/20/2015, immediately received a confirmation e-mail, and received it in the mail yesterday, 4/24/2015.

The DVD is bitchin'. Review will be forthcoming.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2015, 01:37:23 PM »

I don't know if you saw any of my earlier posts, but your situation seems similar to what I went through. I also ordered late night of the 9th. Ultimately, it took an e-mail to Elizabeth at soundstage@wttw.com (who then apparently forwarded it to Jonathan at Questar) for me to get any sort of response/results.  The "Contact" email form and 800 number were useless for me.

And while I still haven't received my order, I was assured with a follow-up e-mail that it shipped out this past Wednesday, 4-22. They said 3-10 days to arrive.

Thank you both for your replies.

I very much appreciate your advice (which I decided to take and sent an email to the soundstage@wttw.com address).

Thanks again! Smiley
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »

Thank you both for your replies.

I very much appreciate your advice (which I decided to take and sent an email to the soundstage@wttw.com address).

Thanks again! Smiley

My pleasure. Hope it gets worked out soon.

I'm also wondering if, due to the proximity of our initial orders, we were both victims of the same software glitch. That is, a temporary bug in their system. I was also charged immediately and, in my case, I never received the order confirmation e-mail. Could all be similarly related.
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2015, 02:19:56 AM »

Thanks Bgas for posting the e-mail adress but a week later still no reply. Anyone willing to help out with the Blu ray?  Smiley 

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2015, 10:59:57 AM »

I wrote to both email addresses, the newer one give here just today. Got the initial email confirmation and nothing else.

Thanks Bgas for posting the e-mail adress but a week later still no reply. Anyone willing to help out with the Blu ray?  Smiley 
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2015, 07:29:27 AM »

Ordered last week. Received the confirmation email (which strangely does not include the order number). I haven't heard a word since.

Gettin' worried. I gotta find me an email.

Shocked Undecided
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2015, 09:02:52 AM »

Ordered last week. Received the confirmation email (which strangely does not include the order number). I haven't heard a word since.

Gettin' worried. I gotta find me an email.

Shocked Undecided

I got mine 2 weeks after ordering it.  I never got anything after the original confirmation email.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx