gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:21:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson & Friends "SoundStage" DVD Will (Apparently) Be Released  (Read 55925 times)
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2015, 06:19:30 PM »

It's too bad the way this is being handled--clearly they were not mailing orders as they came in or a lot of us would have had it by now. I also received a confirmation e-mail after order, but that is the extent of it. I don't really mind, I'm in no huge hurry although I am looking forward to it, but don't tell people you are shipping them immediately or you get people like us concerned!
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2015, 07:38:37 AM »

Did anyone get this yet? Mine just came about an hour ago. Brian's signature is there in a separate card tucked in a special slot in the sleeve just for it. The CD is the 13-track version.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
KDS
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »

Did anyone get this yet? Mine just came about an hour ago. Brian's signature is there in a separate card tucked in a special slot in the sleeve just for it. The CD is the 13-track version.

It says on the bottom of your post that you live in Baltimore. 

I do too, so hopefully I'll have some good mail when I get home. 

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2015, 07:57:42 AM »

Very good news! I'm on the west coast, so I'll probably waiting at least a bit longer. But good to know they are sending them out! Their fulfillment service quality may be better than their customer service quality!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2015, 08:40:47 AM »

Weird question: Is the Blu-ray/DVD combo in a Blu-ray case (the shorter ones, usually with blue plastic), or in a regular sized DVD case? The media nerd in me likes to have Blu-rays in actual blu-ray cases, but I’m guessing based on the artwork on the website that it’s probably going to be a DVD case that houses both the DVD and the Blu-ray disc.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2015, 09:28:47 AM »

Weird question: Is the Blu-ray/DVD combo in a Blu-ray case (the shorter ones, usually with blue plastic), or in a regular sized DVD case? The media nerd in me likes to have Blu-rays in actual blu-ray cases, but I’m guessing based on the artwork on the website that it’s probably going to be a DVD case that houses both the DVD and the Blu-ray disc.

It's DVD-sized, but it's not in a plastic (is "Amray" the correct term?) case. It's a cardboard-based booklet-like design. Inside are two discs - one DVD, one Blu-Ray, nested on top of each other.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »

It's DVD-sized, but it's not in a plastic (is "Amray" the correct term?) case. It's a cardboard-based booklet-like design. Inside are two discs - one DVD, one Blu-Ray, nested on top of each other.

Ah, thanks. I hadn’t thought of the possibility that they would do a sort of digi-pak or cardboard sleeve sort of packaging. Makes sense I suppose as a cost-cutting measure. Too bad they couldn’t do with blu-ray case height so it would match blu-ray cases at least in height. I don’t say this as purely an aesthetic thing; some of my shelves are just tall enough for blu-ray disc cases.

Anybody here up to designing some appropriately-sized Blu-ray case artwork? I wish I was better with doing that sort of stuff. With this it would be relatively easy; resizing the front and back covers to match a blu-ray front and back cover, and then designing a new spine so it’ll work in a blu-ray case.

Yes, that’s how much I like keeping all the blu-ray discs together in one spot! If someone is really up for the redesign, that would be awesome!

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »

We are all elf-possessed once in awhile...

And I was about to get on the phone and go there.

Now I won't.  Patience, Will... the mail gets here soon.

thanks for posting Catbirdman.  You get your mail at 9:30am?  I'll be lucky if he gets here by 4pm.

I'm Stoked!

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2015, 10:21:57 AM »

thanks for posting Catbirdman.  You get your mail at 9:30am?  I'll be lucky if he gets here by 4pm.

I'm Stoked!

No package in today's mail in Missouri

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »

Stoked!

https://youtu.be/MuqKZnuAdoQ

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2015, 10:28:24 AM »

bgas - Yeah, might have to wait til tomorrow, but at least we know they are in the mail.

Bee-line buzz to upstate New York!  Go!

CJS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »

bgas - Yeah, might have to wait til tomorrow, but at least we know they are in the mail.

I ordered mine the first day it was available and got it today via mail in Rochester NY
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »

My mail already came today...and nothing for me. I'm here in Ohio.

Curious: Just so I'm clear. Is there anyone else here who had their CC charged but *didn't* get the confirmation e-mail after ordering? That would go a long way in figuring out whether my situation is an anomaly. Smiley

TIA.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:58:17 AM by Dave Modny » Logged
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »

I ordered mine the first day it was available and got it today via mail in Rochester NY

I ordered mine within a couple of days - soon as I heard it was to be Blu-ray, on the 8th.  Dave, I got only the simplest of "thanks for ordering" type e-mail.

CJS, you are really upstate, and closer to Chicago.  I'm in Ulster, they call it upstate, but it's not really - only 90 miles from NYC.

My mail hasn't come yet...  I'm like the Target shopper, waiting, waiting... open, open, open.

It might screw me up for tomorrow, Record Store Day.  Want to make the rounds of stores near me.  Hoping I can get one of the 1,500 Brian 10 inchers vinyls.

Wait, Doorbell!  Yes!  Got mine!

I'm glad it's with the 13 cut Cd version.  Looking forward to listening to it that way, without troubling to re-program my 18 cut Target Special every time I stick it in.

There's been such long waits between Brian's solo records.  This is the best I've felt since the excitement of the BAD tour.  Always been there for Day of Release, but this new one is really special to me.  Working on a review, but after only a dozen plays still trying to figure out how they got Brian's voice to sound like it's 1965 again.  I don't care how they did it, just glad to hear him sound like that again.  I'm all for the "process."

Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »

I'm Stoked!

No package in today's mail in Missouri

The 3 I ordered arrived today in Kansas City (MO), so I guess yours will probably come tomorrow, bgas...
luckyoldsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »

I got mine in the mail today. I didn't see any signatures on the outsides of either the CD or the DVD, and both still looked sealed. Were yours sealed?

Hoping the answer is a yes, so that if I open mine, I'll find a signed card (or cards, if there are signatures with both items ... figured it was just DVD).

Wish you'd help me find the key ...
JP
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2015, 01:38:50 PM »

Just received a copy in the mail now that I'm home from work.
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2015, 01:41:51 PM »

I got mine in the mail today. I didn't see any signatures on the outsides of either the CD or the DVD, and both still looked sealed. Were yours sealed?

Hoping the answer is a yes, so that if I open mine, I'll find a signed card (or cards, if there are signatures with both items ... figured it was just DVD).

Yes, mine was sealed, and had I not opened it I would have seen no visual evidence of a signature. So you can breathe easy on that front.

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2015, 01:50:18 PM »

Looking at this package, including the seven logos having to do with playback formatting, there is absolutely nothing indicating that a BluRay disc is enclosed. If I had come across this package in a store the apparent lack of a BluRay disc would have been a deal breaker for me. 

For those concerned about region coding, the good news is that the package is labeled All regions NTSC.

luckyoldsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

Yes, mine was sealed, and had I not opened it I would have seen no visual evidence of a signature. So you can breathe easy on that front.

Oh, that is such good news! Thank you!

Wish you'd help me find the key ...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »

My shipment has arrived. I'm in California, so I think it's probably just down to various elements of the postal system as far as shipping speed.

I agree that it is kind of odd that there are no Blu-ray logos on the packaging itself. Perhaps the addition of the Blu-ray disc was a last-minute (and excellent) decision. I would imagine this will be fixed when/if it hits retail. I actually think it might be against Blu-ray association rules to not have the Blu-ray logo on the packaging, but I'm just guessing on that.

Here are some quick pics. Apologies for the mediocre quality:

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »

For those concerned about region coding, the good news is that the package is labeled All regions NTSC.

Good news indeed, much appreciated. I took the plunge anyway Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2015, 04:07:41 PM »

Bee-line buzz to upstate New York!  Go!

It might screw me up for tomorrow, Record Store Day.  Want to make the rounds of stores near me.  Hoping I can get one of the 1,500 Brian 10 inchers vinyls.

Record Store Day is Saturday; that's like tomorrow's tomorrow where I live!  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:10:55 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »

I think a lot of the RSD stuff is meant to be collectible from the off. Otherwise there wouldn't be much incentive to pile into the store on that date, and to be frank the goods wouldn't be quite so must-have. RSD is a promotion after all.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 04:23:40 PM »

sh*t, who am Intalking to about collectibility! And anyway you edited your post Wink

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx