gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:12:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson & Friends "SoundStage" DVD Will (Apparently) Be Released  (Read 55513 times)
KDS
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 11:36:42 AM »

Worth it for the live versions of PCH and Summer's Gone.  (Can't believe they did these two without From There to Back Again).
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »

Jude,

If you click on the FAQ link at the order site, there's a picture of the back of the DVD (and obviously we hope Blu-Ray, as advertised, as well) with the included song titles:

Our Prayer
Heroes and Villains
Sloop John B.
Dance, Dance, Dance
Good Vibrations
This Beautiful Day
Runaway Dancer
Don't Worry Baby
Marcella
Wild Honey
Sail On Sailor
Sail Away
Half Moon Bay
Don't Talk
Saturday Night
Hold On, Dear Brother
Darlin'
On the Island
God Only Knows
The Right Time
Wouldn't It Be Nice
Help Me, Rhonda
All Summer Long
Fun, Fun, Fun
Guess You Had To Be There

Bonus Songs:
Pacific Coast Highway
Summer's Gone

(27 total)

Bonus Features:
She & Him Interview
Nate Reuss Interview
Kacey Musgraves Interview
Sebu Interview

FWIW, I ordered the combo pack early this morning, myself. And while my CC was immediately charged (coming through as "Paypal"), I never received the confirmation e-mail.

Thus, I'm hoping it'll be processed.Smiley

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that before.

Interesting, so it looks like the following are cut:

Then I Kissed Her (Al)
She Knows Me Too Well (Ike)
California Saga: California (Al)
God Only Knows (Ruess)
California Girls
Barbara Ann
Surfin’ USA

Cutting the Ike track isn’t surprising, and the extra Ruess track would be repetitive. Kind of a bummer they cut two more Al songs, especially since we don’t really have an officially released video iteration of those tracks. Surprised they cut those last three obvious “hits.” While I wish we would have had those extra two Al tracks, I have to commend them overall for not only the show’s setlist, but for keeping in most of the interesting stuff. Cutting “Barbara Ann” and “Surfin’ USA” but including “Hold on Dear Brother” and a trumpet version of “Don’t Talk” is pretty impressive.

Also interesting to see the two “Radio” suite tracks presented as bonus material. I’m curious if perhaps they used a rehearsal/soundcheck performance instead of the live show versions? I’m trying to think of why else they’d present it apart from the main program.

It’s also possible the deletions are to some degree arbitrary due to budget. It’s very expensive to clear the publishing for videos (rather than the flat rate for CDs), so the fact that they cleared this many is pretty cool. Though, I can’t imagine something like “California Saga” would cost more to clear than some of those classic BB tracks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:42:12 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »

It looks like God Only Knows is on the DVD list. 

With the amount of footage you can put on a DVD or BluRay, I still don't understand why we can't get the full concert. 

While the cuts aren't as bad as The Beach Boys 50 Live DVD, it's still a little frustrating.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »

It looks like God Only Knows is on the DVD list.

It's probably the in-studio version with She & Him from the TV special, not the version from the concert with Nate Ruess singing lead.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »

Anyone know whether this DVD/Blu-Ray product is region coded, please?

“We live in divisive times.”
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »

Worth it for the live versions of PCH and Summer's Gone.  (Can't believe they did these two without From There to Back Again).
You said it!  Having live renditions of these two in superb quality will be wonderful.  Cool Guy

And didn't they sound-check FTtBA prior to this show (or, at least sometime very recently)?  It sure would have been suite to have all three.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2015, 04:37:15 PM »

Looks like a few of us bought this Blu-ray/ Cd combo.  They charged my bank account on the 9th, but I still have no shipping notice.  They won't answer the 3 e-mails I sent, and I've talked to them twice.  That 800- 633-5633 phone number is just a sales connection. 

Anybody heard from them?  I've never been charged before day of ship.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »

Looks like a few of us bought this Blu-ray/ Cd combo.  They charged my bank account on the 9th, but I still have no shipping notice.  They won't answer the 3 e-mails I sent, and I've talked to them twice.  That 800- 633-5633 phone number is just a sales connection. 

Anybody heard from them?  I've never been charged before day of ship.

Pretty much same thing here

My CC was charged immediately. Yet, I never received an e-mail confirmation as it said I would when the order was placed. So, I thought I would send a quick message using the contact form just to confirm that my order was indeed received. No response. Then, I decided to give the phone number on the site a call for the same reason. Someone there took my "order inquiry" message down and said that they would forward it along, noting that someone from Questar would contact me. Again, no response. That was last Friday.

So, at this point, I guess it's just hope and wait. At the very least, all I'm looking  for is some sort of confirmation that my order was indeed received. Auto charges to credit cards, by themselves, don't exactly fill me with confidence. Order confirmation numbers do. Smiley
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »

And, same here...promises a 48 hour reply.  None several days later.
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »

Coming out of lurk-mode just to say that all of your stories regarding great customer service inspired me to give them my credit card number as well.   Grin

Ultimately, the autograph package is too cool to pass up even the chance to get it.  Here's hoping!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2015, 08:39:31 AM »

I just placed an order and immediately got a confirmation email.
KDS
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »

Public Broadcasting doesn't seem to be too great with communication in general. 

I asked a question about the autograph package over a week ago without a reply. 

On another note, last week, I emailed a question to my local PBS station regarding some DVDs in their shop.  I was basically saying "I have money I want to give up if you just answer this question."  One week later, no reply. 

There's an actual product being released, so I'm hoping this doesn't turn into something like the C50 DVD fiasco. 

It would especially be nice to know about the DVD shipping date as I'm hoping to have it in time for a gift in June. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »

On the issue of charging the card prior to shipping, I don’t think that in and of itself is problematic. I’ve ordered many items where they charge immediately but still take days or weeks to ship out.

But the lack of response to e-mails is unfortunate (I’ve sent a couple myself). I did get the e-mail confirmation once I placed an order. The confirmation had very little info. As I mentioned previously, the item description was very general and didn’t match any description on the website. There also wasn’t, as far as I can tell, any order number associated with the order.

It all seems pretty consistent as far as how that website operation seems to be run. I’ve sent four or five e-mails and only one time got a response (and that response was to a general e-mail I sent before placing an order; the two e-mails I’ve spent asking about my order have not been answered). Also, keep in mind that it was only in the last few days that Brian’s Facebook page alerted fans that the Soundstage site was up and running and selling stuff. The website has probably received much more traffic and orders in the days *after* some of us on this board placed orders. They were already barely responding to e-mails before that potential deluge of orders.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »

On the issue of charging the card prior to shipping, I don’t think that in and of itself is problematic. I’ve ordered many items where they charge immediately but still take days or weeks to ship out.

Just to clarify...

In my particular case, it really isn't a matter of me being concerned that my CC was charged; I'd expect that to be done automatically by their order software.

What concerns me is is that it might be a twofold process where the folks who are filling the orders need to *see* an actual order and that order's details from a customer -- independent of the auto charge process. And without any sort of confirmation on my end with the specifics of what I actually ordered or where to ship it  -- the autographed combo in my case as well -- I'm not positive that they have. That is, I just want to make sure that I don't slip through the cracks on the order fulfillment end of things. Unfortunately, and even though my CC was also automatically charged, that *has* happened to me in the past with another, unrelated company [And, in that case, by the time I pointed out to them that my CC was charged, they apologetically told me they were out of what was a limited edition item. For whatever reason, the order fulfillment department apparently had no specific record of my order and weren't even aware of the automatic CC charge.].

Not saying that's gonna happen this time, but the fact that some people got order e-mail conformation of their placed orders, however basic, while others didn't.....does concern me a bit. Hopefully, it's just a glitch in their software. On the other hand, the lack of communication following several inquiries kind of sucks.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2015, 11:49:02 AM »

Just to clarify...

In my particular case, it really isn't a matter of me being concerned that my CC was charged; I'd expect that to be done automatically by their order software.

What concerns me is is that it might be a twofold process where the folks who are filling the orders need to *see* an actual order and that order's details from a customer -- independent of the auto charge process. And without any sort of confirmation on my end with the specifics of what I actually ordered or where to ship it  -- the autographed combo in my case as well -- I'm not positive that they have. That is, I just want to make sure that I don't slip through the cracks on the order fulfillment end of things. Unfortunately, and even though my CC was also automatically charged, that *has* happened to me in the past with another, unrelated company [And, in that case, by the time I pointed out to them that my CC was charged, they apologetically told me they were out of what was a limited edition item. For whatever reason, the order fulfillment department apparently had no specific record of my order and weren't even aware of the automatic CC charge.].

Not saying that's gonna happen this time, but the fact that some people got order e-mail conformation of their placed orders, however basic, while others didn't.....does concern me a bit. Hopefully, it's just a glitch in their software. On the other hand, the lack of communication following several inquiries kind of sucks.

Definitely all valid points. I can only hope that the longer the website is up and taking orders, and the more people place orders, the less likely it is that the whole thing is a big clusterfudge at least in terms of people getting what they ordered at some point.

The communication issue is the big issue. I’d be fine if they wrote back and said “Orders will take 1 to 2 weeks to process.” Even that would already be kind of misleading considering both the website verbiage and a personal e-mail I got specifically said the stuff is “in stock” and ships out as soon as it’s ordered. But some sort of communication would be nice.

Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »

Just to clarify...

What concerns me is is that it might be a twofold process where the folks who are filling the orders need to *see* an actual order and that order's details from a customer -- independent of the auto charge process. And without any sort of confirmation on my end with the specifics of what I actually ordered or where to ship it  -- the autographed combo in my case as well -- I'm not positive that they have. That is, I just want to make sure that I don't slip through the cracks on the order fulfillment end of things. Unfortunately, and even though my CC was also automatically charged, that *has* happened to me in the past with another, unrelated company [And, in that case, by the time I pointed out to them that my CC was charged, they apologetically told me they were out of what was a limited edition item. For whatever reason, the order fulfillment department apparently had no specific record of my order and weren't even aware of the automatic CC charge.].

Definitely all valid points. I can only hope that the longer the website is up and taking orders, and the more people place orders, the less likely it is that the whole thing is a big clusterfudge at least in terms of people getting what they ordered at some point.

The communication issue is the big issue. I’d be fine if they wrote back and said “Orders will take 1 to 2 weeks to process.” Even that would already be kind of misleading considering both the website verbiage and a personal e-mail I got specifically said the stuff is “in stock” and ships out as soon as it’s ordered. But some sort of communication would be nice.

Indeed. I've never been a big fan of "silent limbo." In any aspect of life...lol.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »

This is why I haven't ordered mine yet.  Doesn't seem organized at all.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »

Normally, I would have waited as well. But if they’re at least being accurate when they say this is the only way to get it until November (other than, I would presume, eventual pledge drives through PBS stations), then I would say it’s worth it since there’s no alternative and the wait will be same either way.

I certainly would have a very tough time biting the bullet on purchasing one of their “ticket packages” for $250-$300. That seems even more sketchy and vague.

Anybody tried calling the 800 phone number on the website? I haven’t yet.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »

Ordered mine from the nice lady Bgas Merioneth a few days ago. She sent a very sweet email instructing how to go about placing an international order and advised that she's oversee it personally. So I ordered and forwarded the confirmation email subsequently received directly to her, along with delivery details.

Heard nothing since.

Mikie would probably suggest that Bgas and the nice lady are now in Rio, partying … but I have faith. I think.

“We live in divisive times.”
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2015, 01:06:16 PM »

Anybody tried calling the 800 phone number on the website? I haven’t yet.

Si, I did. My own experience:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,20216.msg511797.html#msg511797
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »

I sent off a quick email asking whether my order has shipped.  They promise a response in one business day.  We'll see.
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2015, 01:28:50 PM »

Hey John Manning,

I did exactly the same thing as you.  I was told the same thing.  Have heard nothing since as well.  I am sceptical but holding onto hope.  I was at this concert (sitting beside BGas funnily enough) and really want to have this in my collection.  If is see pics of BGas with a new tan or some new rare vinyl, I might start to get more suspicious though.  ;-)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »

Ordered mine from the nice lady Bgas Merioneth a few days ago. She sent a very sweet email instructing how to go about placing an international order and advised that she's oversee it personally. So I ordered and forwarded the confirmation email subsequently received directly to her, along with delivery details.

Heard nothing since.

Mikie would probably suggest that Bgas and the nice lady are now in Rio, partying … but I have faith. I think.

If it's of any help, I ordered mine a week ago, got the confirmation mail and nothing since. Sent a reply to that email today; not expecting anything in reply by tomorrow( 1 day)  based on all others' experiences. But if I don't hear anything, I'll call and let you know... 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2015, 02:20:11 PM »

Having ordered from PBS on a number of occasions, whether during fund drives or not, I'm not really concerned about the lack of email response.  They aren't exactly noted for timeliness or replies.  Eventually (usually when I've finally forgotten about the order) the stuff arrives.  No worries.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »

How about this.  Has anyone ordered it while a pledge drive is going on?  Like in Chicago, where this offer seems to be coming from.  Hasn't WTTW already showed it?  I won't have that opportunity, since it will not air in my area.

I wrote to WTTW yesterday...still no response.  If writing doesn't work by Friday, I will try to call them.  As said, the 800 # is a sales only connection to soundstage@questarentertainment.com  or soundstage.questarvideo.com/autograph.  The company seems to be real - you can key them in at Amazon and DVDs pop up for sale.  Yesterday I even talked with someone, Romina, who claimed to be a supervisor.  She did the same thing the saleslady did - take my information and give it to Customer Service.  I've been waiting for Customer Service to get back to me, by phone, since last Saturday.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx