gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680814 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:34:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian answering questions again tomorrow on Facebook  (Read 10352 times)
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 05:23:51 PM »

I wish you the best, Billy.  

Brian has a new favorite movie again.  LOL

And if you ask him again tomorrow....
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 05:24:18 PM »

Hey Billy, wishing you all the best indeed. Really hoping it all turns out well for you.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »

He's so screwing with people in these interviews.  For instance, notice he answered the longest question with the shortest answer.  Or how he gives a different movie every time... he says his favorite thing to do is mix but yet didn't he mix Pet Sounds in 1 day?  Also earlier he said his favorite part was recording, etc.

I think he's doing some masterful trolling here and has been for years. 
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »

He answered three questions on a different page for some reason.  One of them was mine.
https://www.facebook.com/thebeachboys/photos/a.397026689139.172152.8216394139/10153149691239140/

Q: Hi Brian, great new album, was it fun to work with other singers?
A: Yea it was. I had a good time working with younger singers, especially Nate Reuss (sic).

Q: Who's your fave comedian of all time?
A: Jonathan Winters - He was so funny!

Q: Did you write any new songs for the Love & Mercy movie? Really looking forward to seeing it! (from me)
A: Yes, I wrote a song called "One Kind of Love." It's going to be playing during the Love & Mercy end titles.

I'm a little bummed about this.  The end titles (from what I've heard) were accompanied with "Wouldn't It Be Nice" which I thought was perfect.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »

Good to know he didn't get into the Blurred Lines thing on FB this time.

Also good to know he chose All I Wanna Do as his fave Sunflower song. More days than not, that's my choice as well. Sometimes it can be Add Some Music though. Or once in a blue moon Cool Cool Water.

Also great to see he put Surf's Up in his top five rather than PS - because I'm convinced that the more Brian is thinking about Surf's Up and Holland and CATP, and the more he's working with Blondie and Ricky and Billy, the closer we are to a version of the BBs that will compose, sing and play as if Endless Summer had never been released - the band that should have come into being in 2012.

Although what would really be required to make that happen is to get Mike to wear his turban and Jedi robe for a full month (and of course to listen to the aforementioned three albums 18 hours a day, every day)....and also to unearth Al's leprechaun/Pilgrim hat from whatever closet it's in in Big Sur.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2015, 11:26:21 PM »

We're on the third page of this thread, and nobody remarked on the picture indicating that Brian is typing his own responses?

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 01:45:48 AM »

It's interesting that Brian says that Darlin is his favorite BB song, considering that it didn't make his top ten favorites in the Esquire article from earlier this week! LOL Also his favorite album is now Surf's up?

Further evidence that Brian's favorites are constantly changing!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 03:44:20 AM »

I see he answered my question:
Craig Slowinski What makes the "clip-clop" percussion sound on "That's Not Me" from Pet Sounds, and who plays it?
23 hours ago

Brian Wilson Hal Blaine plays it. It was a wooden percussion instrument.
Pet Sounder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 05:12:18 AM »

He answered my question too!  I was pumped!  It was on the page separate from the one where the bulk of the questions were answered:

Me:  "What was your musical inspiration for The Little Girl I Once Knew?  I love the interplay between the organ and the saxophones!"

Brian:  "That was the sequel to "California Girls" so "California Girls" inspired it."

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2015, 05:25:16 AM »

Thank goodness we all change our minds over time about favorites. I'd hate to have to stick to my first favorite ("Roly Poly Puppy" or some such) for the rest of my life.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2015, 06:25:55 AM »

Thank goodness we all change our minds over time about favorites. I'd hate to have to stick to my first favorite ("Roly Poly Puppy" or some such) for the rest of my life.

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »

God only mows... Twice

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:21 AM »

This Q&A can't beat the Reddit one. Hands down. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »

We're on the third page of this thread, and nobody remarked on the picture indicating that Brian is typing his own responses?

And of course Brian is using a MacBook Pro..  nice.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 09:52:06 AM »

HA!  You really think Brian one-fingered all his own answers?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2015, 10:00:17 AM »

Contrary to popular belief, the guy still has a good memory for details (i.e what made the clip-clop sound on "That's Not Me"). I hope his memory of details like who/what was played when and other things from the 60's will be reflected in his new book!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »

I see he answered my question:
Craig Slowinski What makes the "clip-clop" percussion sound on "That's Not Me" from Pet Sounds, and who plays it?
23 hours ago

Brian Wilson Hal Blaine plays it. It was a wooden percussion instrument.

I hope that was the final lingering detail you have been waiting to resolve for the MiC sessionography.  Tongue
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx