gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:49:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Bad' lyrics that are actually awesome  (Read 4216 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »

I'm master of my fate..(only because it sounds like he's saying I'm master of my bait..you'll never hear that song the same again.,.lol)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 01:10:20 PM »

The oft-ridiculed "What's it to ya/Halleluah" is one of my favorite lines, ever.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 02:42:44 PM »

"My name is Brian and I'm the man
I write hit songs with a wave of my hand."

True story.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »

The oft-ridiculed "What's it to ya/Halleluah" is one of my favorite lines, ever.

It kind of makes sense.... since you like it so much, have you caught the irony in it?  The song "Spring Vacation" was originally a song Brian was working on and wanted Carl to sing a gospelish vocal on.  This was all related by Joe Thomas in that Rolling Stone interview a couple years ago. 

So Brian keeps wanting Carl to sing on it (he may have even been calling it lay down burden, before the other song, I can't remember), and finally goes to visit Carl, Carl tells him he's too sick and isn't going to make it, Brian never sees him again. 

So he keeps that song all those years, Mike keeps pestering him to let him write, Brian finally relents and gives Mike that song, Mike writes "Spring Vacation" and when Brian does his part, he goes "What's it to ya?  Hallelujia!"

Almost as a homage to Carl's unrecorded vocals that were originally supposed to be on it. 

Awesome indeed.
kwebb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 01:35:31 AM »

I'm master of my fate..(only because it sounds like he's saying I'm master of my bait..you'll never hear that song the same again.,.lol)

I don't know...Brian says something different every time I listen to this song  Grin
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 02:28:09 AM »

Hey, if master poet Leonard Cohen could get away with it...

Please delete my account
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »

It kind of makes sense.... since you like it so much, have you caught the irony in it?  The song "Spring Vacation" was originally a song Brian was working on and wanted Carl to sing a gospelish vocal on.  This was all related by Joe Thomas in that Rolling Stone interview a couple years ago. 

So Brian keeps wanting Carl to sing on it (he may have even been calling it lay down burden, before the other song, I can't remember), and finally goes to visit Carl, Carl tells him he's too sick and isn't going to make it, Brian never sees him again. 

So he keeps that song all those years, Mike keeps pestering him to let him write, Brian finally relents and gives Mike that song, Mike writes "Spring Vacation" and when Brian does his part, he goes "What's it to ya?  Hallelujia!"

Almost as a homage to Carl's unrecorded vocals that were originally supposed to be on it. 

Awesome indeed.

is this from a fictional book about the beach boys you're writing or

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »

No, I got it from here, dumbass.

http://notes.andrewromano.net/joethomasbeachboys

What happened after Brian contacted Mike and asked if he wanted to write together again?
"He also had a song that was eventually called “Spring Vacation.” That was the original song that he wanted Carl to sing on during Imagination. It was originally a song called “Lay Down Burden.” It was a gospelly kind of thing that he wanted to do with Carl. And then when Carl got sick, there was no way he could go back to that song again. So it just laid there. Now, 10 or 12 years later, he came up with a new title and a new direction. I think that it’s had enough time, because Carl didn’t sing it. He and Mike now sing it. He brought it as a kind of new song to Mike with a new theme: “easy money, ain’t life funny, hallelujah, blah blah blah.” Mike then polished it off with the “Spring Vacation” lyric and the verses. It was like, wow. That was the first song that they started writing together."

Anymore stupid questions? 
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 08:13:47 AM »

Best "bad lyrics of all."

The queen in Copenhagee (Funky pretty)
The dream of Amsterdamee (Pretty funky)
The cream of gay Parisee (Funky pretty)
The theme of U Say Asee (Pretty funky)
The scene in Great Britainyee (Funky pretty)
The meaning in Los Angees (Pretty funky)
The heat in Tokyosee (Funky pretty)
The treat in Manhattohsee (Pretty funky)

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 08:27:35 AM »

I have a hard time thinking something is bad if I (or other people) like it. Because especially in an artistic environment, I think good and bad aren't objective, anyway, other than by technical criteria which are themselves only determined to be good or bad based on subjective decisions. (So for example, hitting a note accurately as a singer has been considered good in a classical context because over time that's what people have decided is good; yet scooping into notes is good in other kinds of music. So even the objective, technically measurable part of the artistic performance is based on subjectivity.)

Nobody gives a sh*t about any of what I just said. I have bored myself.

The point was going to be that I really really really love "I'll Bet He's Nice." A lot. I think it was mentioned somewhere earlier as being bad but loved. To me it's just a great, great song. Absolutely beautiful.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx