gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:47:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondie & Brian to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Thurs, 4/2  (Read 24857 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2015, 08:54:48 PM »

Don't think I'll mind missing out this summer!

I definitely wouldn't judge a tour by a Jimmy Kimmel performance months before. It's a sh*t showcase for music, check out their other vids. But at least people who watch televisions for a living heard the words "Brian Wilson."

I'll wager that nine out of ten dentists that wear Hawaiian shirts would agree that you'll be missing out this summer if you missed out on Wilson, Blondie, The Jardines, no Jeff Foskett... and Rodriguez? Crucify my mind and keep rehearsing new stuff for the setlist, fellas!

I love that they'll be tackling "The Last Song" minus all that sugary Fosketty frosting... think how much better it would sound than this performance with Al and Matt in the mix. Mixed by a competent individual in a great venue. End a set with it right after "Pacific Coast Highway/Summer's Gone."

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:00:28 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »

Agreed, but the few tickets left for the LA show are steep ($280+?); Ontor, you likely have been comped already because you are a professional. No one offers scholars tickets. . .

I definitely wouldn't judge a tour by a Jimmy Kimmel performance months before. It's a sh*t showcase for music, check out their other vids. But at least people who watch televisions for a living heard the words "Brian Wilson."

I'll wager that nine out of ten dentists that wear Hawaiian shirts would agree that you'll be missing out this summer if you missed out on Wilson, Blondie, The Jardines, no Jeff Foskett... and Rodriguez? Crucify my mind and keep rehearsing new stuff for the setlist, fellas!

I love that they'll be tackling "The Last Song" minus all that sugary Fosketty frosting... think how much better it would sound than this performance with Al and Matt in the mix. Mixed by a competent individual in a great venue. End a set with it right after "Pacific Coast Highway/Summer's Gone."

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:03 PM »

Oh we were gouuuuged even worse for tickets early on. Sob. Still it had to be done. You should sell plasma or academic articles in vast quantities and go! Let's start a rumor that David Marks is appearing to make sure you do!

Is the San Diego stop cheaper?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:59:12 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2015, 01:24:44 AM »

Bad mix (inaudible drums, anyone?) but the band did the best they could, it was only towards the end that things really fell apart.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2015, 03:25:40 AM »

No show in my neck of the woods anyway!
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2015, 04:14:46 AM »

I'm kicking myself because I thought this was going to be an April Fool about Brian and Debbie Harry
timorousme
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2015, 06:02:44 AM »

Agreed, but the few tickets left for the LA show are steep ($280+?); Ontor, you likely have been comped already because you are a professional. No one offers scholars tickets. . .

Where are tickets being sold for the LA show? I'm visiting in June, and I was excited that this show happens to fall during my trip. On Brian's website, I only saw the FanClub Presale and VIP experiences listed; on the Greek's website, it says that tickets are TBA; and the show doesn't seem to be listed on TicketMaster or LiveNation.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx