gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 04:59:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondie & Brian to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Thurs, 4/2  (Read 25115 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 10:05:03 AM »

He should really be doing Fallon too.

They think he's a god over there.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:09 AM »

Smokin
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »

Fallon is terrible. He would probably force himself into one of Brian's songs because that's what everyone wants to see when they watch Brian, right? Fallon singing "California Girls"?
NO, FALLON, STOP IT
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:03:41 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »

Fallon gushed over the Beach Boys when they were on his show in 2012.  They played 3 songs and both opened AND closed the show.  That and he's MUCH funnier than Kimmel.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 03:41:02 PM »

I don' t think it particularly matters as far as the host goes. Brian often doesn't even do interviews and just performs a song. It's more down to whether any host will give him two songs instead of one, or whether their show cuts songs off with end credits, etc. In most cases, we're just going to get one song performance. I don't particularly care which show it's on.

I'm guessing he's doing Kimmel and Conan because they're both based in LA. If or when he gets to New York, he may well do Fallon and/or Letterman (assuming Letterman is still on; I forget when his cut-off date is).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 05:17:38 PM »

Fallon gushed over the Beach Boys when they were on his show in 2012.  They played 3 songs and both opened AND closed the show.  That and he's MUCH funnier than Kimmel.
Fallon gushes over everybody. He's a tool.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 06:34:01 PM »

And then laughs at every little joke and puts his face in the desk.  Plus he keeps trying to turn the show into SNL.  I do love his monologue, though, and some other stuff like thank you notes.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »

And then laughs at every little joke and puts his face in the desk.  Plus he keeps trying to turn the show into SNL.  I do love his monologue, though, and some other stuff like thank you notes.

Plus he has the friggin Roots every single night, you can't beat that!  I like him but only in small doses.  He's better than Leno but that's not a hard thing to be.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »

you east coast guys get the show in a hour, right? we get it taped , 4 hours from now.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »

Their performance is about to air.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 09:35:28 PM »

The mix is way off, but Brian seems more into it than his usual tv performances.

Sound mix really sucks though.  Way too dry.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:37:18 PM by ♩♬ Brian Wilson is my Spirit Animal ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 09:36:52 PM »

They did a medley of "This Beautiful Day" and "Last Song".   "This Beautiful Day" which is making its debut is a really pretty song, it's sort of a direct sequel to "Summer's Gone".  So it's appropriate that it will be the first track on the album since "Summer's Gone" was the last track on That's Why God Made the Radio.  Now they're doing "Sail Away" with Blondie, though Al is strangely absent so Brian is singing his part.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:41:37 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 09:37:20 PM »

Where's Al?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »

Where's Al?

He went back to dental school.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 09:39:10 PM »

He missed the bus.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2015, 09:41:15 PM »

The mix is way off, but Brian seems more into it than his usual tv performances.

Sound mix really sucks though.  Way too dry.

Yeah something was definitely off.  "Sail Away" was decent.  The other two not so much.  Could be the mix like Billy suggested but it could also be just the constraints of such a performance.  Not sure.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Jesse Reiswig
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2015, 09:41:21 PM »

Unfortunately, not a great performance. You could tell there were some significant problems with the sound and they couldn't hear themselves very well. And Brian was not in good voice tonight: overly husky and too shouty on "This Beautiful Day." But still, it's a scrappy band, and the smaller lineup has more of a rock and roll feel than previous BW lineups. I imagine the summer tour will feature a fuller lineup though. Probably smaller just because of the size of the Kimmel stage.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2015, 09:42:32 PM »

dud
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »

That was pretty rough.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2015, 09:44:38 PM »

No acknowledgment of Blondie.  The mix didn't bug me as much as the creepy lighting. That said...

I can't fucking believe I just saw Brian sing The Last Song on a tv talk show. Life is good, kids.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:47:58 PM by send me a picture and i'll tell you » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 09:49:46 PM »

That was rough.

Brian just doesn't come off well on solo TV appearances. He sounded much too gruff on "This Beautiful Day" and "The Last Song." Perhaps it was nerves. I thought "Sail Away" was pretty nice though. And I have to say that although at first I was kinda somewhat startled by Blondie's deeper, huskier voice that he has these days, now I love it, and can't wait to receive my copy of No Pier Pressure so I can hear "Sail Away" whenever I want.

Also seeing Blondie up there with Brian really has me stoked to see them this summer. Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin. In 2015. Incredible. Can't wait.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »

I actually thought that was one of Brian's better performances, but yeah the mix seemed too quiet and dry.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 09:52:15 PM »

Yeah, I could tell nobody could hear each other. But...Brian sounded good considering the sound, and he went for notes he normally doesn't on a TV performance. And, might I add, I much prefer it without Jeff , as when he'd double Brian in the past, it'd throw them BOTH off. And really...very few artists have a good performance on Jimmy's show, because of the sound issues.

Don't know who the sound guy is, but if anyone affiliated with the show is reading this...I WORK (reasonably) CHEAP!!!

NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 10:03:14 PM »

Twitter wasn't a fan of the performance.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »

Tonight, Blondie looked less like Darian's stoned uncle, and more like Bjork.

Between Brian's black shirt and the keyboard he never touched, it was like 1999 all over again!

Props to Brian for pulling of 3 new songs without missing a cue (with no one Fosketting him), as well as filling in Al's sections in Sail Away.  A couple of slightly rough vocal spots aside, he was running the show and on top of his game tonight. 

Cool Guy

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx