gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:23:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dave Clark Five  (Read 1695 times)
mel91679
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2015, 10:12:25 PM »

Hey again
I think it's fun being on this board so here is something for the fans who go way back. I have been collecting rock stuff for 40 years now. One of my biggest collections is on the DC5. I went crazy over them about 15 years ago and bought everything I could get my hands on as far as memorabilia. I went way overboard and now have 81 full sets of their autographs in my collection. Did anyone here ever see them when they toured from 1964-67 and can provide memories and perhaps wrote down setlists? Their shows werent long and believe it or not, an average show was only about 23 minutes. I believe the last year, they were up to nearly 30 minutes. But if anyone has some memories, share them. Thanks.
Joe
beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:09:44 AM »

I really  like a lot of the DC5's music. Mike is a very underrated singer. Too bad Dave Clark is such a prick.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:50:27 AM by beatnickle » Logged
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »

They were my favorite British band during the 1964-5 period. They were a terrific singles band, and the other four guys deserved more than they got from Dave Clark.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 01:36:55 PM »

I like their hits, but don't know any of the behind the scenes stuff. Clark was an idiot, though, for not getting their music out when cd sales were at their height.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »

I like their hits, but don't know any of the behind the scenes stuff. Clark was an idiot, though, for not getting their music out when cd sales were at their height.

He was a smart cookie for keeping the rights to their music and recordings.  I agree though that he should have issued more than just that 2-disc cd.  Missed the boat and the dough foing that.  They had a certain POWER to their sound that left the rest of the British Invasion guys in their wake.  [although the Zombies had their own POWER.]  I don't know if the DC5 held up to the Beatles and the Stones in terms of album content.  i don't think so.  But like Peter...I thought that their HITS just kicked ass.

[and Dave drummed standing up.  Thus he could really kick and hit.  They took other peoples' songs and made 'em better too...like Do You Love Me.  That just beat the living crap out of the original.  The DC5 was melodically AGRESSIVE.  It worked.  And then they just took themselves out of the game.  WTF???

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:35 AM »

Ron Ryan, who wrote " Because " ,"Bits and Pieces" and "Any You Want It" has a Facebook page and anyone can ask him a question and
he will respond. Dave Clark got the credit instead of Ron and he's pissed he never got royalties. If you are a true DC5 fan
you should go to his page and say hello.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317455421648163/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 11:53:37 PM »

I always wondered about those writing credits for Dave Clark. Kinda seemed like looking at a Beatles album and seeing a bunch of writing credits for Ringo.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx