-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Good Vibrations Movie
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Good Vibrations Movie  (Read 2890 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

I was thinking of writing another Beach Boys biopic as if it were written by Mike Love. If I get a positive response to this, I'll keep going. I hope people take this for the good-natured fun that it is. Anyway, here's the first bit:

We open at a county fair. It’s night. On stage are The Beach Boys that we have come to know and love: – Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, and others. We hear a live version of California Girls as we see several shots in slow motion, except for the shot of Bruce which is comically fast and makes his actions look ridiculous. The camera focuses on the crowd. All of America is here (figuratively or literally? Wait to hear what the budget is). The young and the old know the songs. They sing along. While we can’t hear them, we know that their dedication more than makes up for their amateur delivery. Many are in tears, but good tears. Everybody is very happy. We cannot stress that enough.

CUT TO:

Backstage. After the show. Mike Love comes through the door and faces a barrage of media figure types. Bruce exits to the washroom. Mike reacts to this in amusement with a look on his face that suggests, “We’re not gonna see him for a long time.” Reporters jockey for Mike’s attention, shouting “Mr. Love.”

MIKE: Please. One at a time.
REPORTER: Mr. Love, you’ve written some of the greatest songs in the history of music. You’ve written some great Beach Boys songs, some great Beatles songs. Obviously, Kokomo goes without saying. You’re a dedicated activist for the environment. You’ve single-handedly kept The Beach Boys franchise alive for all these years. You’ve been a dedicated endorser of transcendental meditation, which has kept you relatively healthy while other band members of yours have faced the consequence of self-indulgent drug use. You have done remarkable charity work. You donated a hundred thousand dollars to the Red Cross during Hurricane Katrina. You helped raise over a million dollars for the Lake Tahoe School. I guess my question is…what’s next?
MIKE: Just keep doing what I’m doing.

The crowd laughs.

REPORTER 2: Mr. Love, how does it feel to be performing without your cousin Brian?

At this question, Mike stares off in the distance. His attention has gone elsewhere. His focus is on something else completely. We cut to the object of his focus. It’s a fan wearing a shirt that says, “Mike Love is the best!” We cut back to Mike.

MIKE: Well, in order to explain how I feel, I’d have to tell you the whole story of The Beach Boys and that would take roughly somewhere between 90 minutes and two hours. Unfortunately we don’t have the time right now but let me tell you, the story is amazing.

The Reporters jockey for attention again.

MIKE: I’m afraid that’s all the time I have right now, folks.

Bruce comes out to face the reporters. The reporters depart.

We CUT TO: Mike Love’s hotel room. He is eating some vegetables and doing yoga. Following that he gets into bed. He turns towards the giant surf board that is in bed with him. He stares at it. A single tear drips from his eye. The CAMERA ZOOMS in closer on the tear to the point where inside the tear we see an image of Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Bruce Johnston, and several other Beach Boy “types” playing Surfin’ USA together.

The OPENING CREDITS roll.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »

Keep going...this is fun...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »

I need the whole screenplay! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 04:03:48 PM »

I thought that was the whole screenplay

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »

I thought that was the whole screenplay
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: