gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:12:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adieu Or Die - Beach Boys Beats!  (Read 6451 times)
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 08:27:33 PM »

Will, this is absolutely amazing.

Consider me a fan.
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 11:06:06 PM »

It's a wonderful feeling to hear from some of you and find out you're listening! I'm humbled, Peter Reum. orange 22... that's so great to hear, and I'm glad you picked up on the humor. There's some tidbits I put in there that include some funny/twisted moments. There are plans to re-release the project as an expanded deluxe edition a little further down the road. There are already more finished re-workings. I'll keep you posted! Hearing back from those who have enjoyed it is quite motivating, yet I was already working on the deluxe edition before I heard from you. I suppose that proves I just can't stop keeping The Beach Boys in heavy rotation as a big part of the soundtrack of my life. I'm sure many of you can relate.

bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 07:21:54 AM »

I've listened to the first few tracks and thought I'd post my raw initial thoughts, since this is the way I review albums.  Consider that I'm not really a fan of this type of music, and that I find the Beach Boys 70's era story quite depressing and their musical output during that time dang near unlistenable.

--Sounds like something I'd hear at an airport at 3am. 
--Production quality is excellent.  A lot of thought and passion went into this.
--I want to go to an airport at 3 am and listen to this.
--Lot of 70's era Brian audio so far.  Wonder why? Hoping for some 60's stuff in the tracks to follow.
--Screw the airport, I'm listening to it now and really, really digging it!
--Reminds me of some of the channels on SomaFM, particularly Mission Control and SF 10-33
gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »

This is awesome stuff, Will!  I just finished setting up my music room after moving and this is one of the first things I played once I tweaked the sound.  Needless to say, I got totally lost in the grooves.  This will be perfect 2am in the morning music as well!  Cool Guy  I've gone through quite the hip-hop phase in the last few years, so this is hitting the spot.  I'll be PM'ing you for a copy; thanks for sharing!

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx