gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681313 Posts in 27633 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 09:16:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Sessions to be reissued…  (Read 7241 times)
Surf Ohio
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »

Total guess: This could also be not so much a reissue, and more just putting something back in print or giving it a new sku with a different MSRP or something.

I think you are spot on.  This has all the earmarks of a re-stock.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 06:13:54 PM »

You are a satirist extraordinaire, Judd.
Bubbly Waves' idea. His grasp of extraordinary satire is a great squeeze stronger than mine.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »

Now that is the funniest thing I have seen in ....20 years? 30 years? 50 years?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 12:19:04 AM »

...Why not just wait until the 50th anniversary next year?

... because there is a film coming out that has scenes in which Pet Sounds sessions are recreated this year?

That has to be it.

Maybe there'll be a street-friendly issue of The Smile Sessions too - I'd love a book-style version of that, one that's user friendly and has the text is a handlable format.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the book that came in the box to be entirely handleable. Positively tactile, in fact...

Try reading it in bed. I get knocked unconscious whenever I fall asleep before I've put it down.

“We live in divisive times.”
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »

Now that is the funniest thing I have seen in ....20 years? 30 years? 50 years?

If that really is the case, you must have looked in the wrong places during that time...

Still: Dudd, a GREAT job both visually and conceptually! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 02:30:24 AM »

Checked out the exterior only (sealed, like) of one of these babies today.  

Track listing all the same, the box fonts look a bit sharper, with some really minor changes on the back (eg, updated and repositioned HDCD logo, that kind of tedium).

But I'd be curious to know if the stereo mix now includes the extraction "fixes" to WIBN (bridge) and the YSBIM double track vox (as per the MoFi SACD).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:26:54 AM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 05:39:44 AM »

Bubbly Waves' idea. His grasp of extraordinary satire is a great squeeze stronger than mine.

Bubbly Waves will always remain appropriate to his title.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 06:16:15 AM »

Checked out the exterior only (sealed, like) of one of these babies today. 

Track listing all the same, the box fonts look a bit sharper, with some really minor changes on the back (eg, updated and repositioned HDCD logo, that kind of tedium).

But I'd be curious to know if the stereo mix now includes the extraction "fixes" to WIBN (bridge) and the YSBIM double track vox (as per the MoFi SACD).

This could be a bumper year for Pet Sounds cash-ins… sorry, reissues.

Sessions, AP's three editions, the Blu-Ray… gonna spend so much time shopping around for these that I won't have time to listen to them!

Any chance the 40th anniversary CD/DVD set will get a 9th anniversary reissue?

“We live in divisive times.”
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2015, 02:07:17 PM »

... anyone know if we can purchase the 'Alan Boyd Chatter' disc on it's own yet?

Smiley Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:11:31 PM by DonnyL » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:50 PM »

Dudd, you gotta put the Pet Sounds 40th Anniversary edition in there (CD/DVD w/green fuzzy cover).  You pretty much have the rest - even the Pet Sounds Sampler from '96!  I like it!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 09:48:08 PM »

The booklet detailing all the work that went into the original boxset should make for good reading - that is, if it is allowed to tell the real truth about it. Of course, only one person is truly qualified to write about this historic release - the man who is still leader of the Beach Boys to this day, Mike Love. Unless he was too busy working on a re-release of Looking Back With Love. Bruce could add his 2 cents, how he went around adjusting the microphones of Carl and Brian when they were recording "God Only Knows", and Brian liked his mic work so much he asked Bruce to sing on the song.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 12:37:47 PM »

Bubbly Waves will always remain appropriate to his title.

Bubbly= Ideas man       Judd= art is my name

I didn't see this last month when you first posted.  But.  While wandering around yesterday at Hoffman's, saw it posted - and gave it a "Like"

Judd, Judd, Judd,  please, please, please, I need something great like this at the xtc place
It would look so great under my Drums and Wires post I put up last night.  I need something to break up the fact that every post is a feelsflow post for the last month.  There's too many Brian in blue pictures without a break.  help.  Betcha Bubbly has an idea!

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx