gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681494 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 08, 2024, 05:26:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's Statement, "Being totally in charge of my own life"  (Read 2095 times)
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »

Can anyone clarify the situation presented in this video?
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/brian-wilson-at-the-stan-love-and-brian-wilson-press-news-footage/75727939
Thank you so much.
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »

Most people assumed Dr. Landy was controlling every aspect of Brian's life. Stan Love filed a conservatorship suit in hopes to get Brian away from Landy.

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:46:33 PM »

Most people assumed Dr. Landy was controlling every aspect of Brian's life. Stan Love filed a conservatorship suit in hopes to get Brian away from Landy.
Is that suit the one that eventually worked?  Also, do you think Brian's mannerisms and his statement seem forced?
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:55:31 PM »

Well Carl Wilson took over the legal stuff cause he apparently didn't want Stan to be Brian's conservator. But yeah, this kinda got the ball rolling.

As for Brian's demeanor there, i'd say he thinks what he's saying is true. He'd probably not think that if he were to watch this now.

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »

As for Brian's demeanor there, i'd say he thinks what he's saying is true. He'd probably not think that if he were to watch this now.
I don't think Brian would want to watch any of this or anything to do with the Landy program now!  This might be a dumb question, but was he really brainwashed?
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 07:07:35 PM »

idk about being brainwashed but Brian seems like the kinda person who needs some structure to his life. Landy provided that but should've toned down some of what he was doing. I don't see why Brian needed to A. be given so many drugs & B. have people follow him everywhere. Landy got too overprotective & overcautious. A lil independence goes a long way.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:11:33 PM by Bittersweet-Sanity » Logged

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 01:03:08 AM »

Brian looks surprisingly confident reading that note. It seems Landy had prepared him well for this press conference. It's creepy knowing it wasn't like it looked here.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 06:40:29 AM »

I remember the first time I saw the footage of Brian “crashing” Stan Love’s press conference. Pretty awkward stuff. Especially the bit (I don’t know if it’s in the footage on that link) of Brian being served with papers afterward. My vague recollection is that a process server literally throws the papers at Brian and Brian looks super pissed and annoyed (and, sadly, probably scared too).

While I would agree that Brian likely wouldn’t want to sit down with popcorn now and watch the footage, he certainly must be open to exploring that era with Landy a bit in terms of being involved with the new L&M film.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx