gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:45:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blurred Lines lawsuit  (Read 4594 times)
Bruces Shorts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 02:05:46 AM »

I think these guys were really sued for coming off as douches. Mainly Robin Thicke but dragging Pharrell down with him.

Many many other people could have gotten away with it, and they lost the case as much for the video as the track itself ..... Sleazy, oozing Thicke having sex with the wall as naked models prance around for no reason. The Gaye family probably took this as an offense to Marvin's memory assuming that soon enough Got To Get It Up and this abomination would be annointed as basically one and the same in the millenial pop culture venacular. So, they did what they had to in order to win the case and now there's at least the footnote of a lawsuit to wedge some distance between Marvin and Robin freaking Thicke!
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »

I think these guys were really sued for coming off as douches. Mainly Robin Thicke but dragging Pharrell down with him.

Many many other people could have gotten away with it, and they lost the case as much for the video as the track itself ..... Sleazy, oozing Thicke having sex with the wall as naked models prance around for no reason. The Gaye family probably took this as an offense to Marvin's memory assuming that soon enough Got To Get It Up and this abomination would be annointed as basically one and the same in the millenial pop culture venacular. So, they did what they had to in order to win the case and now there's at least the footnote of a lawsuit to wedge some distance between Marvin and Robin freaking Thicke!

Like button needed for posts like this. The backing track is exactly the same, however. But I do find Blurred Lines catchy, so I listen to Weird Al's parody of it instead.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx