gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:53:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: grace of my heart  (Read 2306 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:02:10 AM »

i just saw this for the first time on AMC thismorning...I think I read about it on this board some time ago...and whomever posted about it...they were right about the main character looking like marilyn rovell...and sounding like her too...i enjoyed the movie...it kind of resembles Brian's life in one aspect. I mean, a Spector like figure is in it too...so what's the story behind this movie? based on true story or true events? kind of don't understand. I'd like to get a copy of the movie though.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:10:05 AM »

ooo, she's a cutie...

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:18:47 AM »

Interesting you should mention this...back in '95 The Beach Boys were reported to have recorded the title song for this movie around the same time they were working on the "Baywatch Nights" theme.  The sessions involved Brian, Mike, and Carl, along with the Paley Bros.  But this song never made it onto the boots from that era, and it wasn't used in the movie. 

Crag
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:24:15 AM »

darn shame

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 09:28:32 AM »

there were just so many parallels from the BW perspective...bring in the thermin for expermental use, the guys who he wrote that song for didn't like the material...he kept saying, well you wanna sing about surf boards the rest of your life? pictures of the spector-like figure were arranged so much like real pics of spector...like the christmas album promo and with the girl groups

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »

The film's writer/director Allison Anders has gone on record saying that the story was inspired by a number of 60s music personalities but was definitely fictionalized. The lead character played by Illena Douglas is based on Carole King who, of course, was a Brill Building songwriter with husband Gerry Goffin before she became a solo artist. Matt Dillon's character is obviously based on Brian who, one must persume, did not have an affair with King and did not commit suicide in the 70s! In many ways, Dillon captured the heart of Brian in ways that the actual bio-pics couldn't. I thought John Turturro did a great interpretation of Phil Spector even though he's tad tall for the part.
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:22:26 AM »

Interesting you should mention this...back in '95 The Beach Boys were reported to have recorded the title song for this movie around the same time they were working on the "Baywatch Nights" theme.  The sessions involved Brian, Mike, and Carl, along with the Paley Bros.  But this song never made it onto the boots from that era, and it wasn't used in the movie. 

Crag
i remember this intervierw, from Billboard maagazine? was it the same one where Mike talks about a Smilwe box set also? i was excited. did they even record trhe song?
SG7
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 01:57:30 PM »

One of my all time fav movies.  Grin
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 02:27:57 PM »

Crag
i remember this intervierw, from Billboard maagazine? was it the same one where Mike talks about a Smilwe box set also? i was excited. did they even record trhe song?

Yeah, Billboard is where I read it.  Not sure if they ever actually recorded it.

Craig
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 11:32:49 AM »

One of my all time fav movies.  Grin

Same here. Allison Anders is a brilliant director and a great, great person.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx