gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:20:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's greatest lead vocal  (Read 40460 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »

No double standard... I raise the same points whether it's Brian or Mike, and my post history will bear that out

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2015, 08:21:16 PM »

No double standard... I raise the same points whether it's Brian or Mike, and my post history will bear that out

Yeah, Billy: YOU do ...... And I greatly respect and appreciate you for that.

All in all, I'll keep it in line from here on out ..... regardless of what I consider unfair. ...... I aint got the guns or the numbers.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:25:27 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »

This is now two threads where the same sentiment has been posted. On the earlier one, it got called out by another board member - rightfully so - for trying to bring negativity into what could be a really good discussion

If you talk about me, you can write my name, unless you don't remember it was me who called Pinder out on that one.

In this thread however, it wasn't Pinder who brought the negativity, it was SMiLEBrian who did the totally unnecessary stab at Mike. He just regularly disses Mike without substantial reason, which annoys me just as much as it annoys Pinder. If you criticize Mike, you can do it like this:

I think he's being awfully condescending to his audiences and there are enough fans in the audience who would eat up those deep or deeply melancholy cuts and the others may even be converted and start talking like VDP at social gatherings. I think his audiences are perfectly capable of having "Surf's Up" or "Summer's Gone' tossed at them and will somehow not riot or ask for their money back as long as he also works in some car songs. A good song is a good song! He should loosen up a little, he's earned the right to play anything he wants by now and doesn't need to worry about people getting nachos during "Our Prayer."

That's substantial criticism that you can talk about.

Pinder is right in what he says, however it is unfortunate that he lets himself get goaded by the usual suspects and rambles on, that's so very useless. He's right on with this:

I do too, but not on Mike love's watch will it happen. It's all about the hits for Mike.

Why not contribute a Brian lead that you love to this thread?

Or is it all about dissing Mike?

That's all that was necessary to say.

I think one difference, and it's an important one, is that SB seems to dislike a member of The Beach Boys, namely Mike Love, and he posts negative comments about him, not about another poster on the board.

Unfortunately he does, dissing people who don't condemn Mike as "Kokocop" or "member of club Kokomo" and such nonsense, he didn't do it on this thread though. I don't think there's a double standard by the mods in terms of you can criticize Mike but not Brian, the difference is that Pinder's posts are more and longer and take up more space on the board. I'm with Pinder in this matter, I just wish he would take it all a bit cooler and not heat up so much. It really isn't worth that much rage.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2015, 01:41:13 AM »

This is now two threads where the same sentiment has been posted. On the earlier one, it got called out by another board member - rightfully so - for trying to bring negativity into what could be a really good discussion

If you talk about me, you can write my name, unless you don't remember it was me who called Pinder out on that one.

In this thread however, it wasn't Pinder who brought the negativity, it was SMiLEBrian who did the totally unnecessary stab at Mike. He just regularly disses Mike without substantial reason, which annoys me just as much as it annoys Pinder. If you criticize Mike, you can do it like this:

I think he's being awfully condescending to his audiences and there are enough fans in the audience who would eat up those deep or deeply melancholy cuts and the others may even be converted and start talking like VDP at social gatherings. I think his audiences are perfectly capable of having "Surf's Up" or "Summer's Gone' tossed at them and will somehow not riot or ask for their money back as long as he also works in some car songs. A good song is a good song! He should loosen up a little, he's earned the right to play anything he wants by now and doesn't need to worry about people getting nachos during "Our Prayer."

That's substantial criticism that you can talk about.

Pinder is right in what he says, however it is unfortunate that he lets himself get goaded by the usual suspects and rambles on, that's so very useless. He's right on with this:

I do too, but not on Mike love's watch will it happen. It's all about the hits for Mike.

Why not contribute a Brian lead that you love to this thread?

Or is it all about dissing Mike?

That's all that was necessary to say.

I think one difference, and it's an important one, is that SB seems to dislike a member of The Beach Boys, namely Mike Love, and he posts negative comments about him, not about another poster on the board.

Unfortunately he does, dissing people who don't condemn Mike as "Kokocop" or "member of club Kokomo" and such nonsense, he didn't do it on this thread though. I don't think there's a double standard by the mods in terms of you can criticize Mike but not Brian, the difference is that Pinder's posts are more and longer and take up more space on the board. I'm with Pinder in this matter, I just wish he would take it all a bit cooler and not heat up so much. It really isn't worth that much rage.

Yeah, well, I think it's unfortunate that, at this point, the sort of routine Mike disses cited here tend to feel just as much like the sort of goading/hectoring/inciting argument thing that I'm being accused of. And I don't see how this feeling escapes logic... I can poke fun at Mike with the best of them, and am generally never hesitant to point out when a Mike criticism is valid and worthy and I never go and diss Brian as a reactionary move, but the kind of relentless dissing of Mike that we see around here ....... well, I think it's kind of shitty that there's an easy get-out-of-jail-free card handed out because of the slippery technicality of "oh, but they're just trashing a Beach Boy and not other posters" .... Even if that logic holds, there should be an exception or two made every so often. All I'm saying ..... And how come a "Mike defender" can ask questions of a "Mike basher" that are related to their opinion and the "Mike defender" is always shut down, but when it's the other way around there's always a big deal made that a poster in disagreement with a "Brianista" is not addressing each and every question asked of them and every point made ...... as I was accused of tonight?

I don't think this is necessarily an intentional double-standard. I just think the Mike = bad, Brian = genius thing is so powerful that not everyone in the world can easily conceive of how anyone could feel either the opposite or not feel it matters at all,  (which is my view) therefore I think it's hard for the feelings of people who stand up for Mike to be taken as completely honest and above the line, where people dissing Mike relentlessly: well, how they feel is completely understandable and relatable ..... I'm not saying I'm right... This is just how it feels sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:44:33 AM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2015, 02:05:21 AM »

And how come a "Mike defender" can ask questions of a "Mike basher" that are related to their opinion and the "Mike defender" is always shut down

I don't know if that really is the case - make an experiment, post less and shorter posts, see if you will still be shut down. I mean, no matter how often you post and whatever you tell them, you won't change the way they are anyway. The fact that you started this Brian vocal appreciation thread here and someone else offtopically entered a Mike bashing post should tell you that you don't need to defend yourself the way you do. In other words, it's the way you keep bringing back the topic is what puts people off, not your point of view which is valid.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2015, 02:12:37 AM »

And how come a "Mike defender" can ask questions of a "Mike basher" that are related to their opinion and the "Mike defender" is always shut down

I don't know if that really is the case - make an experiment, post less and shorter posts, see if you will still be shut down. I mean, no matter how often you post and whatever you tell them, you won't change the way they are anyway. The fact that you started this Brian vocal appreciation thread here and someone else offtopically entered a Mike bashing post should tell you that you don't need to defend yourself the way you do. In other words, it's the way you keep bringing back the topic is what puts people off, not your point of view which is valid.

Good point, though the Mike dissing is usually in full flow before I even throw my hat in the ring, and these cycles go on and on regardless of if I'm involved or not. I just try and get at the big picture maybe too much ...

But I'm taking all these points made to heart. I can guarantee you of that.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2015, 06:00:17 AM »

Pinder, no need to goad him. C'mon, you saw the song titles he was reacting to. You honestly think Mike Love will be all up for performing "Love and Mercy" after the film comes out? Or even "Surf's Up," what with those wacky VDP lyrics that don't connect with his audience? He doesn't have to be Darth Vader, but he does know his audience... the country fair circuit doesn't want to hear about crummy movies or columnated ruins...

As for the topic of this thread... I can't pick! "Lonely Sea" and "Don't Talk." No... "Heroes and Villains." Wait! Bernstein "Surf's Up." All of the above?
Ontor - perhaps without realizing it, this is very offensive to those of us, (I'm offended, so I'll speak for myself ) who are continually harangued, with a post that isn't a "polarized" - it it truly intolerant.  If anyone on this planet can see the big picture, having seen Mike have to continue a show, while Dennis is hauled off the stage, blind drunk, it is that older fan base who saw it all happen and don't come to this forum to "reinvent the wheel" and who have no music professor to suck up to and don't buy into the "heroes and villains" thing and completely be devoid of objectivity.  

This forum is very important to those of us who, as BB fans had little opportunity to network, in a sea of opposition to the band, and (Brian's work, which we heavily supported and believed in) can perhaps see an overview that includes a context, that is impossible, except by analogy, that isn't found in a textbook.  

There is probably no one who understands what Brian dealt with, other than Mike, who had to deal with Murry, have his mom likely want him to "keep the family peace" and keep the business going in a vortex of turmoil.  No one recognizes Brian's work in a very public way than Mike.  The post was about "Brian's great leads" and, after some thought, I threw in three, with a wish list, and immediately got slammed for something completely irrelevant, such as "Mike won't let that happen."

What does that have to do, first, with my favorites? That is my prerogative.

Second, what does that have with getting any or all into a setlist, one of which I have already heard in concert (alongside thousands of others) and that is Surf's Up.  The other two, "Love and Mercy" is a great farewell wish to an audience.  I cannot even imagine that Mike doesn't appreciate that song.  And "Southern California" is as much about Mike (from that early experience) as the rest of the early band, including David and Al, Brian's "band brothers."

And I sort of agree with Pinder about the slamming of any poster who follows the Touring Band.  We aren't following the Touring Band.  We are following THE MUSIC.  

But that is simply intolerant, to those whose position is that "Mike panders to a GH mindset."  And that those who follow the music are simpletons.  Most of us go see Brian, Al and any format for THE MUSIC.  

So, I hope they reunite at some point, and include those songs, so the naysayers can "eat their words with a fork and spoon."  LOL
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:10:36 AM by filledeplage » Logged
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2015, 06:36:21 AM »

Just to expound on Wouldn't It Be Nice, even the first little phrasing is done in an interesting, classic way.  Something about the way he just  BANG! Right at ya!

"WOULLLDN'T! It be-nice, if, we were OLD DER!"

Just such a creative way of singing, no other singer would have done it quite like that.  He could have done that melody 100 different ways but the way he chose to do it really fits the mood of the song and starts it off with a bang.  The perfect expression of Jubilant, youthful optimism! 
Very well said! This and Don't Worry Baby get my vote for best Brian vocals. On both he nails the songs in such an amazingly distinctive way, and the range in both is astonishing.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2015, 07:16:42 AM »

After 1982-1983 or so -- I would never consider Brian a great sounding lead vocalist.  But pretty much all of his vocal work (lead or bg) on Imagination is spot-on, perfect.  Especially for "solo-era" Brian Wilson.

In fact, I'll say his vocals on Imagination are some of the most affecting, heart-felt, moving, sweet and strong since 'Till I Die and stuff like that.

Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:23:48 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2015, 07:20:47 AM »

Just to expound on Wouldn't It Be Nice, even the first little phrasing is done in an interesting, classic way.  Something about the way he just  BANG! Right at ya!

"WOULLLDN'T! It be-nice, if, we were OLD DER!"

Just such a creative way of singing, no other singer would have done it quite like that.  He could have done that melody 100 different ways but the way he chose to do it really fits the mood of the song and starts it off with a bang.  The perfect expression of Jubilant, youthful optimism! 
I'm glad you agree with me. Great post, as always 3D All you, the rest, can say of course that "I cannot name a single song", "It's impossible" et al. But it's all based on emotion. The fact is & was that "Wouldn't It Be Nice", like no other song, represents the best ever lead Brian's done ever. It's only telling that the guy himself can't top it today, not to mention other bandmates. Closest who can nail it - & that was expressed by guitarfool who actually knows his stuff about music - is Al. So that's the winner & the answer to the thread question.
  If you ask me, tho, runner-up would definitely be "Sloop John B".  Forget about corny folk like "Kingston Trio", the Boys owned it. BIG TIME.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2015, 07:44:12 AM »

After 1982-1983 or so -- I would never consider Brian a great sounding lead vocalist.  But pretty much all of his vocal work (lead or bg) on Imagination is spot-on, perfect.  Especially for "solo-era" Brian Wilson.

In fact, I'll say his vocals on Imagination are some of the most affecting, heart-felt, moving, sweet and strong since 'Till I Die and stuff like that.

Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation

Bean Bag - I love this CD! Played it almost nonstop when it came out!

One for you!  Beer
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2015, 09:24:06 AM »

Absolutely Bean Bag-my thoughts exactly. Aside from liking the songs, hearing him sing like Brian again was the proverbial icing on the cake which covered the entire album.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52:59 AM »

Now all we need is BW to do all the love  you tracks with his improved voice. Cool
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:27:13 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »

Now all we need is BW to do all the love  you tracks with his improved voice. Cool

No. Wouldn't work at all.
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »

No, dont touch Love You, its perfect!

"Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray...it might come true
Baby then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do..."
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2015, 03:23:28 PM »

No, dont touch Love You, its perfect!

Brian should take up smoking again (temporariy) and re-record Imagination with only his circa Love You gear Smiley))
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »

"Midnight's Another Day".
Glad someone agrees on this one!

In terms of pure technique, it's not even close to his best vocal, but no-one else could have sung that lyric with such utter conviction and credibility. Gave me chills back then, still does.

Even more so in a live setting!
I 'witnessed' this back in 2009 - still one of my favourite live music moments of my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmsyJRa5BLE
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »

At the risk of being accused of dredging up the mud, some things need to be addressed.

First, the accusation that there is a double standard in play, and suggesting it's something coming from the moderators of this board, is completely unwarranted and not at all welcome, and beyond that it's ridiculous. It got to the point where Billy felt he had to post to defend his own positions here, and neither he nor Klaas were involved. They should not have felt in some way like they had to clear the air from an accusation being made. If it were directed at me, then direct it at me and it will be dealt with. This calling out of people, mods or posters or whoever, using general statements is something I object to. And that's one reason why I called this out after seeing the "some folks just don't like the Beach Boys" posted twice in one week. Those statements put any number of people on the defensive who are not even involved, and that's not something the board needs.

Second - It's become too much of an issue - not to mention too much of a drag - to see these endless strings of posts directed against other board members. No matter who you or they are, no matter how much bad blood or animosity or the feeling of not wanting someone else around might be, it cannot and should not be a part of the public discussions here. If some have issues with other board members who for whatever reason we each disagree with, don't care for their style of posting, or simply don't like at the end of the day, these issues should *NOT* be part of the public discussions. If everyone who rubbed someone else here the wrong way were to be banned because there were calls to ban them from other members, most of the regular posters would be shown the door. We don't do things that way.

Other board members do not care to read this stuff. If you can't stand someone's writings on the board, try ignoring them. If someone feels a line is being crossed where something inappropriate or worse has been posted, contact the moderators and point it out to us, and we will discuss it. If we feel there is something worthy of action, action will be taken. But this constant harping on other board members to the point of suggesting they should not be allowed on the board is getting tedious, and if it goes too far it could cross the line into being considered an attempt to bully another member off the forum.

That will never stand. Again, if something is posted that others find offensive, contact the moderators, point it out, and better yet copy all three of us on the message so we all see the issue being reported. And it will be handled from there.

Next - If I'm being accused of having a double standard, I think I deserve a chance to reply. Decisions are made case-by-case, and often in the moment. If there looks like an issue developing that could lead down some ugly roads, and also considering past history and examples, is it a double standard to perhaps try to stop it before it starts? Or perhaps try to get things back on track a bit? I'm personally not one for over-moderation or stepping in too much, but at the same time when there are posters saying there seems to be something wrong with the board...perhaps the decision to try to stop it early on is the judgement call to make. Or perhaps not.

In this case I made a judgement call and stepped in. I will not be accused of holding or applying a double standard for doing so here but not in 100 other discussions for reasons that aren't even in play. That's complete nonsense, and a baseless claim which I find offensive. And as noted, it's offensive to drag others into it too, to the point where they felt it necessary to defend themselves against a blanket accusation. It will not happen that way.

The saying "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones" applies quite well to some of the current issues on this board. And out of respect, that can o' worms will not be opened for all to see publicly, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. That's all that I'll say on that point.

Finally -

All in all, I'll keep it in line from here on out ..... regardless of what I consider unfair. ...... I aint got the guns or the numbers.

If this had been posted on page 3, after my initial post, none of this would have gone beyond those two posts. It's the idea of playing it cool rather than twisting and turning and trying to drive other points into the ground by bringing in other issues and other people. It leads to more dust-ups, more arguments, more people defending and accusing rather than discussing, and above all it leads to more topics getting mucked up with personal stuff rather than the discussion. And, by the way, most discussions do have numerous points of view, in case we've forgotten that in some way.

Point is, if there are personal issues - bring it to the moderators off the board. If something rubs you the wrong way, try ignoring it. If a moderator steps in and makes a suggestion, no one is suggesting some all-authoritarian setup in place here, but consider playing it cool rather than continuing the issue or issues for post after post until others are sucked into the mess and start arguing in return.

That is the nonsense this board doesn't need, nor do most people who come here want to see in topic after topic. Disagree, debate, argue, whatever - but this personal stuff and endless harping on other board members shouldn't be part of the deal.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »

At the risk of being accused of dredging up the mud, some things need to be addressed.

First, the accusation that there is a double standard in play, and suggesting it's something coming from the moderators of this board, is completely unwarranted and not at all welcome, and beyond that it's ridiculous. It got to the point where Billy felt he had to post to defend his own positions here, and neither he nor Klaas were involved. They should not have felt in some way like they had to clear the air from an accusation being made. If it were directed at me, then direct it at me and it will be dealt with. This calling out of people, mods or posters or whoever, using general statements is something I object to. And that's one reason why I called this out after seeing the "some folks just don't like the Beach Boys" posted twice in one week. Those statements put any number of people on the defensive who are not even involved, and that's not something the board needs.

Second - It's become too much of an issue - not to mention too much of a drag - to see these endless strings of posts directed against other board members. No matter who you or they are, no matter how much bad blood or animosity or the feeling of not wanting someone else around might be, it cannot and should not be a part of the public discussions here. If some have issues with other board members who for whatever reason we each disagree with, don't care for their style of posting, or simply don't like at the end of the day, these issues should *NOT* be part of the public discussions. If everyone who rubbed someone else here the wrong way were to be banned because there were calls to ban them from other members, most of the regular posters would be shown the door. We don't do things that way.

Other board members do not care to read this stuff. If you can't stand someone's writings on the board, try ignoring them. If someone feels a line is being crossed where something inappropriate or worse has been posted, contact the moderators and point it out to us, and we will discuss it. If we feel there is something worthy of action, action will be taken. But this constant harping on other board members to the point of suggesting they should not be allowed on the board is getting tedious, and if it goes too far it could cross the line into being considered an attempt to bully another member off the forum.

That will never stand. Again, if something is posted that others find offensive, contact the moderators, point it out, and better yet copy all three of us on the message so we all see the issue being reported. And it will be handled from there.

Next - If I'm being accused of having a double standard, I think I deserve a chance to reply. Decisions are made case-by-case, and often in the moment. If there looks like an issue developing that could lead down some ugly roads, and also considering past history and examples, is it a double standard to perhaps try to stop it before it starts? Or perhaps try to get things back on track a bit? I'm personally not one for over-moderation or stepping in too much, but at the same time when there are posters saying there seems to be something wrong with the board...perhaps the decision to try to stop it early on is the judgement call to make. Or perhaps not.

In this case I made a judgement call and stepped in. I will not be accused of holding or applying a double standard for doing so here but not in 100 other discussions for reasons that aren't even in play. That's complete nonsense, and a baseless claim which I find offensive. And as noted, it's offensive to drag others into it too, to the point where they felt it necessary to defend themselves against a blanket accusation. It will not happen that way.

The saying "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones" applies quite well to some of the current issues on this board. And out of respect, that can o' worms will not be opened for all to see publicly, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. That's all that I'll say on that point.

Finally -

If this had been posted on page 3, after my initial post, none of this would have gone beyond those two posts. It's the idea of playing it cool rather than twisting and turning and trying to drive other points into the ground by bringing in other issues and other people. It leads to more dust-ups, more arguments, more people defending and accusing rather than discussing, and above all it leads to more topics getting mucked up with personal stuff rather than the discussion. And, by the way, most discussions do have numerous points of view, in case we've forgotten that in some way.

Point is, if there are personal issues - bring it to the moderators off the board. If something rubs you the wrong way, try ignoring it. If a moderator steps in and makes a suggestion, no one is suggesting some all-authoritarian setup in place here, but consider playing it cool rather than continuing the issue or issues for post after post until others are sucked into the mess and start arguing in return.

That is the nonsense this board doesn't need, nor do most people who come here want to see in topic after topic. Disagree, debate, argue, whatever - but this personal stuff and endless harping on other board members shouldn't be part of the deal.

Look man: denying something doesn't make it not real ....

And here you are harping on about me saying "some folks just don't like The Beach Boys" meanwhile other posters are having it out on other threads in much harsher manner than what has you so up in arms about me.

And other posters might not like reading such horrid things as "Some folks just don't like The Beach Boys" (which is honest speculation due to the tone of many many posts, and I should have the right to speak my opinion on said posts) however, they can certainly handle it.

But let me ask you: so, it's OK to actually have at it with board members and call them names n things, but it's not OK to make a general statement in response to the tone of multiple posts?

I'm just trying to understand.... This had all basically blown over and a few posters had, thankfully, gotten the thread back on track.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:38:33 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

So much for playing it cool. It stops here and now.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »

I think I'm being pretty reasonable in the questions I'm asking. Reactions to questions/situations can be just as important as the situations/questions themselves.

And please keep in mind: when I say "double standard" I'm not implying some conscious or negative thing, and I should probably find another/better word for it, in fact.
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2015, 05:02:16 PM »

From what I have heard of My Little Red Book, I like his vocal there.  It is very fun and lively.   3D
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2015, 05:05:08 PM »

I think I'm being pretty reasonable in the questions I'm asking. Reactions to questions/situations can be just as important as the situations/questions themselves.

And please keep in mind: when I say "double standard" I'm not implying some conscious or negative thing, and I should probably find another/better word for it, in fact.

Then what am I denying, and why is it still being brought up? I'll say it again, this could have ended as suggested on page three, but it was escalated to the point of making accusations in a string of posts about a double standard in how the board is run. Now that's become the issue, and I'm not going to be accused of something that's not true and I sure won't be goaded into defending accusations from someone who has already been banned for similar actions in the past, when trying to tell the board "what's true" or what I'm supposedly denying in order to win points in an endless argument.

Again, it ends here. And that is either the third or fourth time that suggestion has been made and ignored.

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »

Then what am I denying, and why is it still being brought up? I'll say it again, this could have ended as suggested on page three, but it was escalated to the point of making accusations in a string of posts about a double standard in how the board is run. Now that's become the issue, and I'm not going to be accused of something that's not true and I sure won't be goaded into defending accusations from someone who has already been banned for similar actions in the past, when trying to tell the board "what's true" or what I'm supposedly denying in order to win points in an endless argument.

Again, it ends here. And that is either the third or fourth time that suggestion has been made and ignored.

YES SIR!

I will obey!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »

I'm saying that "double standard" might be too strong a word for what I'm implying, but that what I'm implying still seems to stand.

Anyway, what I am implying should be easy enough to understand and has been fairly articulated. If it is too offensive to actually address, I get it and shall speak of it no more, moving forward.

I think that if a poster feels this way, it should be addressed ..... How are things supposed to get worked out or improved in life if people are afraid to speak up about something? ..... But from here on out, I'm off the subject.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:21:25 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx