gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:33:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's greatest lead vocal  (Read 40453 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 02:51:17 AM »

Love Is A Woman is the apex of great Brian Wilson leads. Nothing that came before was as great, and nothing that followed could hold a candle to that piece of art.

No mas, por favor.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »

Has anyone here ever tried to sing Brian's lead on "Heroes and Villains"? That is hard - and i like to think of myself as a singer.

If you think THAT is hard, try Wouldn't It Be Nice - H&V is a cinch against that.

Just to expound on Wouldn't It Be Nice, even the first little phrasing is done in an interesting, classic way.  Something about the way he just  BANG! Right at ya!

"WOULLLDN'T! It be-nice, if, we were OLD DER!"

Just such a creative way of singing, no other singer would have done it quite like that.  He could have done that melody 100 different ways but the way he chose to do it really fits the mood of the song and starts it off with a bang.  The perfect expression of Jubilant, youthful optimism! 

Right on! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »

Southern California

Love and Mercy

and

Surf's Up from 1967 on Leonard Bernstein's Inside Pop. 

If they ever reunite,  Brian, Dennis, & Carl

I hope they do all three of these... Wink
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 09:25:15 AM »

I do too, but not on Mike love's watch will it happen. It's all about the hits for Mike.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »

I do too, but not on Mike love's watch will it happen. It's all about the hits for Mike.
SMiLE Brian - you might be pleasantly surprised if you saw The Touring Band. 

Southern California is the story of The Beach Boys.

Love and Mercy is for all of us.

Surf's Up was done live for years by the Touring Band.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »

Why not contribute a Brian lead that you love to this thread?

Or is it all about dissing Mike?

I honestly think some folks just don't like The Beach Boys OR even care for Brian or his music all that much either. Needing a real life Darth Vader to rail against is what they get off on.

Stack-O-Tracks: I'm with you on Love Is A Woman!

Just check out how Brian sings the last "toniiiiiiight" ..... He sounds both innocent, creepy, funny, happy/sad, insane, and joyous all at the same time .... I always end up playing that last section over and over again.
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »

Match Point Of Our Love - remarkable for the time, 1978.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 04:29:19 PM »

Pinder, no need to goad him. C'mon, you saw the song titles he was reacting to. You honestly think Mike Love will be all up for performing "Love and Mercy" after the film comes out? Or even "Surf's Up," what with those wacky VDP lyrics that don't connect with his audience? He doesn't have to be Darth Vader, but he does know his audience... the country fair circuit doesn't want to hear about crummy movies or columnated ruins...

As for the topic of this thread... I can't pick! "Lonely Sea" and "Don't Talk." No... "Heroes and Villains." Wait! Bernstein "Surf's Up." All of the above?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:31:52 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 04:47:00 PM »

Pinder, no need to goad him. C'mon, you saw the song titles he was reacting to. You honestly think Mike Love will be all up for performing "Love and Mercy" after the film comes out? Or even "Surf's Up," what with those wacky VDP lyrics that don't connect with his audience? He doesn't have to be Darth Vader, but he does know his audience... the country fair circuit doesn't want to hear about crummy movies or columnated ruins...

As for the topic of this thread... I can't pick! "Lonely Sea" and "Don't Talk." No... "Heroes and Villains." Wait! Bernstein "Surf's Up." All of the above?

But all it takes is mere mention of anything related to Brian Wilson or The Beach Boys in order to goad him, so what use is there in trying to avoid it?

So, when exactly has Mike prohibited anything but "the hits" from being performed by whatever configuration of The Beach Boys?

I mean, if someone's going to make such a statement, they should be able to back it up.

Even on the 50th Tour live CD,  The Boys managed to sneak in Marcella, All This Is That, Forever, California Saga: California, Add Some Music To Your Day, Heroes & Villains, Disney Girls, When I Grow Up, Don't Back Down, Why Do Fools Fall In Love, Wendy (#44 U.S charts. Certainly something of a hit, but not "a hit"), Pet Sounds, Isn't It Time ....... All non-hits ..... Jeez, you'd think poor Mike might have had a vote or two toward the set-list! .... Oh, I guess his one vote went to Kokomo. Right.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:53:51 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »

I honestly think some folks just don't like The Beach Boys OR even care for Brian or his music all that much either. Needing a real life Darth Vader to rail against is what they get off on.

I think it's rather telling seeing who's not participating on this thread .....

Some folks really just don't like the Beach Boys

This is now two threads where the same sentiment has been posted. On the earlier one, it got called out by another board member - rightfully so - for trying to bring negativity into what could be a really good discussion, with no justification other than what seemed to be an attempt to call people out or start an argument.

I'll add this thought: Trying to hector other posters into posting something is ridiculous. Further, if it feels like more of an attempt to provoke stronger reactions which would lead to another dust-up, it won't be allowed to continue.

If the sentiment is bringing more good discussion and better interactions among board members to this forum, then these kinds of general statements about people not liking the Beach Boys aren't helping the cause, and they do lead to bad feelings, which usually leads to yet another argument. And I'd suggest stopping it right now and in the future.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »

the country fair circuit doesn't want to hear about crummy movies or columnated ruins...

I don't know that it's fair to lump all of the "County Fair" fans into some sort of 'Endless Summer ONLY' horde of overalls wearin', piece o' straw suckin', hayseeds.  As the group plays some smaller venues where many have never had the chance to see the Beach Boys live in concert ever...[or at least not for eons]...the variety offered up from the entire body of work will be appreciated by most.  I doubt anyone will expect the 'Boys' to play ANY of Brian's SOLO efforts.  But The Beach Boys DO play this variety and those songs you "can't pick" from may well be played much to the delight of many 'O. P'.

I think the grand majority of those in attendance are going to LOVE the whole experience...especially the soundtrack.  Hopefully it'll be a night they'll never forget ... and for ALL the right reasons. Cool Guy

That said...I guess 'One For the Boys' isn't gonna happen. Wink
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:04:04 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 05:02:42 PM »

This is now two threads where the same sentiment has been posted. On the earlier one, it got called out by another board member - rightfully so - for trying to bring negativity into what could be a really good discussion, with no justification other than what seemed to be an attempt to call people out or start an argument.

I'll add this thought: Trying to hector other posters into posting something is ridiculous. Further, if it feels like more of an attempt to provoke stronger reactions which would lead to another dust-up, it won't be allowed to continue.

If the sentiment is bringing more good discussion and better interactions among board members to this forum, then these kinds of general statements about people not liking the Beach Boys aren't helping the cause, and they do lead to bad feelings, which usually leads to yet another argument. And I'd suggest stopping it right now and in the future.

Hmmmmmm, identical sentiments being aired on different threads on this board? ...... I strongly suspect the two cited examples are not the only ones handy.

C'mon, this sounds like a double-standard type thing happening here .....

So, when people make disparaging statements about Mike, on a board where at least a few posters are known to ardently defend Mike, THAT's not seen as attempts to goad posters into posting things?

This is a discussion board. Every single damn thread or post can be taken as an attempt to goad posters into ...... er, posting things, ......  if you want to look at it that way. So, why only apply such an idea in one direction and against only certain posters based upon their point of view on select subjects? Is that really fair?

And I can attest that the two examples of "trying to goad posters into posting things" were actually just honest expressions of an honest feeling....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:10:52 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »

Ontor - please don't distort the context of my post.  I listed three Brian favorites (too short a list) but I said, "if they ever reunite, I hope they do all three."

Yes, Surf's Up is one of my Brian "favorites" and I've seen the Touring Band sing that live during the great college tours in the 70's.  You can check the inclusion of Surf's Up on Eric Anniversario's setlist archive. 

I've seen Southern California and Love and Mercy sung live by Brian.  They are great songs, and SC is all about The Beach Boys and those two are on my "wish list" if they ever reunite. 

And just for the record, Brian (very unfortunately did not sing on Kokomo) but did sing it at some shows for C50.  And if they were ever to reunite again, it could be possible that other songs could be included on a setlist.  Stranger things have happened. 

The naysayers said SMiLE (the box set version) would never happen.  They also said there would be no reunion.  That's two.

And, I like surprises!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »

I don't know that it's fair to lump all of the "County Fair" fans into some sort of 'Endless Summer ONLY' horde of overalls wearin', piece o' straw suckin', hayseeds.  

I'm just going by what Mike said to Wink about setlists and tailoring them to his audience. Also, I wanted to type "just going by what Mike said to Wink." That happened, right? Whew.

I don't think that way. I think he's being awfully condescending to his audiences and there are enough fans in the audience who would eat up those deep or deeply melancholy cuts and the others may even be converted and start talking like VDP at social gatherings. I think his audiences are perfectly capable of having "Surf's Up" or "Summer's Gone' tossed at them and will somehow not riot or ask for their money back as long as he also works in some car songs. A good song is a good song! He should loosen up a little, he's earned the right to play anything he wants by now and doesn't need to worry about people getting nachos during "Our Prayer."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:22:08 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »

Sorry to harp on about this, but I have to ask how someone coming in on a thread about great Brian lead vocals, when someone expressed hopes for certain songs to be played at a potential reunion, saying that such a thing will never happen on Mike Love's watch because it's all about this hits for him, isn't an example of bringing negativity to a thread or trying to hector arguments?

..... I personally don't see it that way myself, but in using logic that was directed at me, it's a worthy example of the double standard that seems to be creeping in around here.

In fact, the first example cited of my bringing in negativity was in reference to a post that could certainly be taken as an example of negativity itself, yet only I get blasted.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »

I think one difference, and it's an important one, is that SB seems to dislike a member of The Beach Boys, namely Mike Love, and he posts negative comments about him, not about another poster on the board.  But that is what this board is for, posting our thoughts, both positive and negative, about The Beach Boys.  On the other hand, you tend to goad actual posters, which is not what this board is for.  If you don't like what he says about Mike Love, too bad.  If he attacks you, or tries to goad you by commenting about *you*, then you have an argument.  If you don't like someone's opinion about Mike, either don't read it or defend him, but you shouldn't go after the poster.

If SB is going after other posters he shouldn't be allowed to either.

The two of you are doing very different things: the purpose of this board is to comment about The BB, good and bad, not to follow other posters around and comment about them everytime they say something you don't like.  This is BB board, not an SB board.  So the problem, as I see it, is in the difference between what you and he are doing, not in how the mods handle it.

EoL

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2015, 05:39:48 PM »

It's almost impossible to sing "Wouldn't It Be Nice" like Brian, so I would go for that one. His delivery combines the energy of a gatling gun and the precision of a sniper rifle; an amazing piece of vocal work.

Many other nice choices in this thread. "Midnight's Another Day" is a great one, and kudos to CenturyDeprived for mentioning "Blue Christmas" - while probably not his finest lead overall, it's certainly among the purest. Does "We Three Kings" count as a lead? Because that's another contender for that title.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:46:44 PM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2015, 05:39:56 PM »

I think one difference, and it's an important one, is that SB seems to dislike a member of The Beach Boys, namely Mike Love, and he posts negative comments about him, not about another poster on the board.  But that is what this board is for, posting our thoughts, both positive and negative, about The Beach Boys.  On the other hand, you tend to goad actual posters, which is not what this board is for.  If you don't like what he says about Mike Love, too bad.  If he attacks you, or tries to goad you by commenting about *you*, then you have an argument.  If you don't like someone's opinion about Mike, either don't read it or defend him, but you shouldn't go after the poster.

The two of you are doing very different things: the purpose of this board is to comment about The BB, good and bad, not to follow other posters around and comment about them everytime they say something you don't like.  This is BB board, not an SB board.  So the problem, as I see it, is in the difference between what you and he are doing, not in how the mods handle it.

EoL

Sure, but I'm not going after any other posters ..... That's not fair. If you say this is a discussion board and people are free to state what they want and discussions commence: I am merely discussing their posted opinion. We are free to disagree with posted opinions, and that is all I've ever been doing. And if you think negative comments have only been directed at Beach Boys members and not at posters such as myself: please go back and look into past posts and all the things "Mike defenders" have been referred to as.

And I still maintain my question as to why it's only ever standing up for Mike or disagreeing with opinion/negative posts about him, that's singled out as "goading" or "hectoring" ..... Or do you really considering calling posters "Anti-Brian Wilson" not an example of "going against other posters?"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:43:34 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2015, 06:01:23 PM »

EoL
You nailed it  EOL. SB stated an opinion period. It was not aimed at a poster, but his opinion of a member of the band which is his right to do so. But because I, SB and others here don't like Mike Love, we have to absorb being labeled mental midgets, shitweasels, and fuckwits. WTF man. Is this the board standard?? I think not but it goes on and personally, I just sit back and consider the source. So, Pinder, since no one has put you in the same category as us, chill out and be content that you remain unscathed by the name callers that we have to put up with.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »

EoL

You nailed it  EOL. SB stated an opinion period. It was not aimed at a poster, but his opinion of a member of the band which is his right to do so. But because I, SB and others here don't like Mike Love, we have to absorb being labeled mental midgets, shitweasels, and fuckwits. WTF man. Is this the board standard?? I think not but it goes on and personally, I just sit back and consider the source. So, Pinder, since no one has put you in the same category as us, chill out and be content that you remain unscathed by the name callers that we have to put up with.

But guys, it's a slippery slope between expressing disagreement with an opinion and "going after a poster" ..... I haven't in this case, nor have I ever called SmileBrian any such names as you listed, OSD, nor do I appreciate being lumped in with any such an example..... How many times can a poster state the same disparaging opinion about a Beach Boy before such opinion basically defines the poster? When this happens, it might lead to some speculation about the poster's motivations etc. I don't think it's an example of "going after a poster" to do so. If I can be cited for bringing in negativity, why can't I cite the same in turn?

I've certainly been "gone after" on many an occasion, using the same logic, and the double standard here seems clear as a bell: if you're a "Brianista" .... anything-goes ...... But if you're "Kokocop" .... you had better watch yourself!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:12:15 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2015, 06:12:57 PM »

EoL

You nailed it  EOL. SB stated an opinion period. It was not aimed at a poster, but his opinion of a member of the band which is his right to do so. But because I, SB and others here don't like Mike Love, we have to absorb being labeled mental midgets, shitweasels, and fuckwits. WTF man. Is this the board standard?? I think not but it goes on and personally, I just sit back and consider the source. So, Pinder, since no one has put you in the same category as us, chill out and be content that you remain unscathed by the name callers that we have to put up with.

But guys, it's a slippery slope between expressing disagreement with an opinion and "going after a poster" ..... I haven't in this case, nor have I ever called SmileBrian any such names as you listed, OSD, nor do I appreciate being lumped in with any such an example..... How many times can a poster state the same disparaging opinion about a Beach Boy before such opinion basically defines the poster? When this happens, it might lead to some speculation about the poster's motivations etc. I don't think it's an example of "going after a poster" to do so. If I can be cited for bringing in negativity, why can't I cite the same in turn?

I've certainly been "gone after" on many an occasion, using the same logic, and the double standard here seems clear as a bell: if you're a "Brianista" anything-goes ...... But if you're "Kokocop" .... you had better watch yourself.
But not the tacky adjectives applied to us.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »

EoL

I've certainly been "gone after" on many an occasion, using the same logic, and the double standard here seems clear as a bell: if you're a "Brianista" anything-goes ...... But if you're "Kokocop" .... you had better watch yourself.
But not the tacky adjectives applied to us.

Touche!

I owe you a canned ham and your yearly allowance of 2 Pacifico's  Smokin
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »

Who likes his lead in Gettin' in Over My Head?  It's my favorite!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhDc0mXlbLs
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »

Sorry to harp on about this, but I have to ask how someone coming in on a thread about great Brian lead vocals, when someone expressed hopes for certain songs to be played at a potential reunion, saying that such a thing will never happen on Mike Love's watch because it's all about this hits for him, isn't an example of bringing negativity to a thread or trying to hector arguments?

..... I personally don't see it that way myself, but in using logic that was directed at me, it's a worthy example of the double standard that seems to be creeping in around here.

In fact, the first example cited of my bringing in negativity was in reference to a post that could certainly be taken as an example of negativity itself, yet only I get blasted.

Here is the double standard. The other example cited was from a thread about Mike Love's best vocals this week that had nothing but positive, complimentary comments and examples of Mike's vocals which people here liked. All positive, all upbeat, until you posted this for no reason and with no prompting from anything or anyone in that thread:

Who was this directed to? Who are the "some folks"? That comment above got called out by a poster who rarely gets involved in these types of discussions, and to this point his post has still gone unanswered. It's a good thing in a way, since no one took the bait and started arguing how much of a fan they were to counter what was a straw-man argument anyway, and which had no reason to appear in a thread which had been nothing but positive.

Now another thread is started about Brian's best vocals the same week, let's call it a bookend to the Mike thread since they're the same thing only with different names. And yet again, just like the one that got called out in the Mike vocals thread, here comes another post about "some folks" not liking the Beach Boys.

Now it's a launching point to unload some opinions about other board members, and should they be expected to just sit back and stay quiet? But that's the whole point - Comments like the "some folks really just don't like the Beach Boys" are made to get a reaction which leads to a debate which leads to an argument and bad feelings.

And that's the kind of stuff I think a lot of members here are sick and tired of seeing in whatever form it appears. This is being called out specifically in this thread and the companion Mike thread because the same person is doing it. The first time, it fell flat because it got called out and because nothing remotely close to being negative had been posted in that discussion which would lead to bringing it into the discussion. Now this time, it's a double standard because the explanation is that it was a response to a negative comment about Mike? So what was the first one responding to? And the same words are now different because one was apparently "prompted" by another comment?

It's gotten to the point where two times is more than enough, where one time should have been enough already. In other words, enough is enough.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2015, 08:10:06 PM »

Here is the double standard. The other example cited was from a thread about Mike Love's best vocals this week that had nothing but positive, complimentary comments and examples of Mike's vocals which people here liked. All positive, all upbeat, until you posted this for no reason and with no prompting from anything or anyone in that thread:

Who was this directed to? Who are the "some folks"? That comment above got called out by a poster who rarely gets involved in these types of discussions, and to this point his post has still gone unanswered. It's a good thing in a way, since no one took the bait and started arguing how much of a fan they were to counter what was a straw-man argument anyway, and which had no reason to appear in a thread which had been nothing but positive.

Now another thread is started about Brian's best vocals the same week, let's call it a bookend to the Mike thread since they're the same thing only with different names. And yet again, just like the one that got called out in the Mike vocals thread, here comes another post about "some folks" not liking the Beach Boys.

Now it's a launching point to unload some opinions about other board members, and should they be expected to just sit back and stay quiet? But that's the whole point - Comments like the "some folks really just don't like the Beach Boys" are made to get a reaction which leads to a debate which leads to an argument and bad feelings.

And that's the kind of stuff I think a lot of members here are sick and tired of seeing in whatever form it appears. This is being called out specifically in this thread and the companion Mike thread because the same person is doing it. The first time, it fell flat because it got called out and because nothing remotely close to being negative had been posted in that discussion which would lead to bringing it into the discussion. Now this time, it's a double standard because the explanation is that it was a response to a negative comment about Mike? So what was the first one responding to? And the same words are now different because one was apparently "prompted" by another comment?

It's gotten to the point where two times is more than enough, where one time should have been enough already. In other words, enough is enough.

Well, OSD came in and said he couldn't think of a single Mike lead that that he liked, so I suppose I could have been talking about him but he hadn't yet made that comment, so I guess I wasn't..... So is the thread in question still only filled with praise and positivity aside from me?

And we are allowed to make general comments/statements ..... And if I'm being singled out for being repetitive an entire 2 times, I'd hardly call this worthy of much note around here. Discussions regarding the general tenor of posters in different "camps" gets discussed all the time.... I didn't coin the term "Brianista" or "Kokomite" etc, but they are used left and right. Are you telling me that when those words are tossed about, they are not in fact being used to describe certain posters?

Deny it all you want, but the double standard I speak of is loud n clear.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:15:05 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx