gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 08:43:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just joined the board.  (Read 5452 times)
mel91679
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:37:37 PM »

Hi guys
I just got approved to join the board. My name is Joe. I am 58, from Virginia and have been a fan of the Beach Boys since I was a boy. I have been collecting on my favorite rock bands for about 40 years now. Dont have too much of a Beach Boys collection but that can change. Just got the Beach Boys In Concert book and it is great. Been a real weird year as I lost both of my parents in just 7 months but I gotta get back to a normal life, right? I have seen the Beach Boys twice and I am real jealous of all you lucky ones who saw them in 2012. I didnt know they played Raleigh or I would have been there. My favorite Beach Boys song is All Summer Long but Brian really impressed me on the latest dvd when he sang Sail On Sailor. Hope I can make a few new friends here.
Joe
bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 11:44:35 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it around here!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 02:45:21 AM »

Hi Joe and welcome! It's a lively and informative place they have here. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 07:39:11 AM »

Hi all,

Hi Joe!!!  Welcome to SSMB!!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »

Hi all,

58, eh? There's a bunch of us around that age group. But OSD's got the crown as King of Oldfartdom!

Welcome, Joe!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 12:31:35 PM »

Hi all,

58, eh? There's a bunch of us around that age group. But OSD's got the crown as King of Oldfartdom!

Welcome, Joe!
With a name like Joe, he's gotta be a good guy, huh? Welcome to the board and always keep in mind that your opinion is as valid as ANYONE's here no matter how many posts he has. Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
mel91679
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 10:08:15 PM »

Hey again
Thanks again for welcoming me to the board. You guys seem to be cool. I dont post much on boards but I will post a couple of questions on this board. The most I ever posted was on the Dave Clark 5 message boards as I have quite the collection on them. Dont have much on the Beach Boys but I did get on ebay the 50th anniversary tourbook. Nice book. The concert book that just came out is also fantastic. I envy all of you guys who saw them in 2012 as they bypassed the Roanoke area where I saw them way back in 1978 I think. But anyway, thanks again everyone.
Joe
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx