gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680777 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 04:24:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOVE AND MERCY screening  (Read 34006 times)
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2015, 07:22:28 PM »

So is this going to be a movie one will be able to see at AMC or Regal Cinemas, or will it just be showing at specialty theaters?  Huh

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/love-mercy
Thanks!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2015, 10:47:17 PM »

• Parts of SMiLE were played before the film (BWPS). 
In Berlin they played BWPS and Love You tracks exclusively before Brian arrived. Someone did their homework. Cool

What were the audience's reactions to the Love You tracks if there was one at all?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2015, 01:07:46 PM »

In Berlin they played BWPS and Love You tracks exclusively before Brian arrived. Someone did their homework. Cool

Wow, that's amazing! i would have freaked out! what Love You tracks was it?
Much of it, perhaps all Love You tracks. I remember hearing late 70s Brian belting out "Roooollleerr Skaaaatiiiing Chiiiiiild" whilst we were waiting for 2015 Brian to arrive. Really cool moment.

What were the audience's reactions to the Love You tracks if there was one at all?
It was played outside the theatre. Largely general audience and 'Berlinale people'. Not many people gave a f*ck. I did though, had a stupid grin on my face the whole time. Grin Couple of others too.
Nile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2015, 02:52:12 AM »

Caught a screening of the film today. I thought it was absolutely brilliant on so many levels. I wasn't expecting to be so emotionally moved.

A major work worthy of its subject.

Yes, there are broad strokes that only people like us will know are broad strokes -- but none of the "inaccuracies" are done for any other reason than to advance the story and get the info and emotions in -- not to misrepresent or hinder it. It's a movie  -- not a doc. Some very real sh it in this film. Jarring. Sad. Heavy.

I've always made fun of biopics (with the ridiculously pristine Dodge Darts, rock bands from 1962 playing their guitars down by their crotches, and people in 1967 looking like Artimus Pyle), but this was pretty stirring and unforgettable.

Without question -- the best case scenario.

Did these scenes make it into final cut?

"Dinner party guests silverware and glass music "session", with Brian chanting over the "cacaphony"
Surf’s Up (Inside Pop) with Bernstein VO
Heroes and Villains (Brian and VDP work composing session)
“Fire” sessions (Gold Star)
Smile montage (Columbia):
a. Heroes and Villains (Brian demonstrates to group on piano)
b. Beach Boys harmonize on “Prelude”
c. Session musicians playing kazoos, toy whistles, bells and various childhood instruments
d. Brian piano theme, which “deteriorates as the take comes to an end and the notes played become random and jumbled.”
Brian sings Plymouth Rock chant in swimming pool
The final chord of Day in the Life (Beatles) and phonograph needle lifts" ??

Tnx in advance

Nile
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2015, 05:48:19 AM »

"Dinner party guests silverware and glass music "session", with Brian chanting over the "cacaphony" — Yes, sort of...you get the cacophony, but no chanting.
Surf’s Up (Inside Pop) with Bernstein VO — Great duplication of Brian at piano singing Surf's Up, but no VO or even mention of Bernstein.
Heroes and Villains (Brian and VDP work composing session) — Nope
“Fire” sessions (Gold Star) — Yes
— No
b. Beach Boys harmonize on “Prelude” — No
c. Session musicians playing kazoos, toy whistles, bells and various childhood instruments — No
d. Brian piano theme, which “deteriorates as the take comes to an end and the notes played become random and jumbled.” — No
Brian sings Plymouth Rock chant in swimming pool — No
The final chord of Day in the Life (Beatles) and phonograph needle lifts" ?? — No
Nile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2015, 05:54:38 AM »

[Heroes and Villains (Brian and VDP work composing session) — Nope
— No
c. Session musicians playing kazoos, toy whistles, bells and various childhood instruments — No
d. Brian piano theme, which “deteriorates as the take comes to an end and the notes played become random and jumbled.” — No

[/quote]

OOhh nooooooo.... whhhyyy?Huh? ooohhh whhyyy???
Hope that theses scenes were filmed and will be available on some kind of extended version...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2015, 05:58:46 AM »

Surf’s Up (Inside Pop) with Bernstein VO — Great duplication of Brian at piano singing Surf's Up, but no VO or even mention of Bernstein.

Not surprised: the v/o was Oppenheim.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2015, 07:39:14 AM »

Dano does sing the chant in the swimming pool. Mahalo lu le, Mahalo lu la, Keeni waka pula.... what we do get is incredible and i'm sure since they filmed this stuff and edited many of the deleted scenes, it'd be a no brainer to stick them on the bluray/dvd. Especially if critics go all acclaimy. You know critics and their acclaim!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:22:51 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2015, 07:42:04 AM »

Spoiler alert:

Pretty well known that the movie ends with live footage of the real BW singing the title track.

I wonder if it's this version that's going to be on the Target edition of No Pier Pressure.

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »

I still can't believe they've made a movie in cinemas about Brian Wilson in 2015. I know everyones already said it, but damn. I'm still just so happy to see my biggest musical hero get his dues in his own lifetime. Cry and I can't wait to finally see it Cheesy
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2015, 07:22:55 PM »

I'm a bit curious as to how Landy is first presented if the 70's, as i've read here and there, are skipped..
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2015, 07:39:14 PM »

I'm a bit curious as to how Landy is first presented if the 70's, as i've read here and there, are skipped..
Well he was still eccentric and controlling back then, so probably the same IMO.
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2015, 08:44:51 PM »

When the story switches to the 80s, Brian is meeting Melinda and Landy is already ever-present in his life. You don't get to see how he got that way.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »

When the story switches to the 80s, Brian is meeting Melinda and Landy is already ever-present in his life. You don't get to see how he got that way.

Riight yeah that's what i thought and seemed more logical, thanks for clearing it up!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »

Dano does sing the chant in the swimming pool. Mahalo lu le, Mahalo lu la, Keeni waka pula....
[...]
One of my favourite scenes..
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2015, 02:54:49 PM »

Holy sh*t, can't wait to see that scene. Shocked

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2015, 11:27:06 PM »

[Heroes and Villains (Brian and VDP work composing session) — Nope
— No

OOhh nooooooo.... whhhyyy?Huh? ooohhh whhyyy???
Hope that theses scenes were filmed and will be available on some kind of extended version...
[/quote]

I'm hoping a DVD/Blu-Ray release will either have a clutch of deleted scenes as extras, or maybe even feature a Director's Cut.

(Will that entail an alternative ending in which Harrison Ford plays Brian? Wait and see!)

“We live in divisive times.”
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2015, 12:16:02 AM »

What about the 'Til I Die part?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx