gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:16:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Johnny B. Goode Live Mix  (Read 5547 times)
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »

Thanks, Lee.  I'm noticing now that I have a  Tonight You Belong/Goodnight My Love promo (red/orange target),
then I also have a Canadian Tonight You Belong/Goodnight My Love (stock copy...regular classic orange/yellow swirl).
Forgot about these things!  Those were the days.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 06:24:31 AM »

Yeah, but if we go with Dempsey tradition.........vinyl only.........and I thought we were originally talkin' Honeys singles, not Spring.

I generated my Honeys list after noting the results of past auctions/set sales. And the SDTSR sleeve has always been the most sought after as far as Honey's collectibles, wouldn't you say? Possibly as rare as the Ten Little Indians sleeve (or rarer) if you were comparing value?

Honeys sleeve is much rarer than "10 Little Indians" -- "10LI" can be had in mint condition for around $150.  I've never seen the Honeys sleeve sell for less than $500, until one sold on eBay for $361.78 a few weeks ago.  That one was in VG to VG+ condition, with some wrinkles and stains -- but still a pretty good deal IMHO.  In my old pre-family days with unlimited record collecting budget I would have picked it up for that as a second copy.

I think I've mentioned before that mine is autographed by Marilyn, Diane, and Ginger, and has a long handwritten inscription to a family member.  Bgas and I have debated whether that adds to the value, or subtracts from it.

Wow, we've gotten pretty far from "Johnny B. Goode," haven't we?   Smiley

Lee
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:51:28 AM by LeeDempsey » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx