gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 10:29:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mini Mansions song "Any Emotions" ft. Brian Wilson  (Read 12289 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »

This is excellent, and perhaps the best of the recent Brian-collaborates-with-young-artists-who-just-happen-to-be-on-Capitol-or-work-with-people-he-duetted-with-on-NPP. I'm really interested to know what the new album will sound like now.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2015, 01:39:28 PM »

I'm liking it too… liking all three collabs this far. No one loses really: Brian gets some cred with the young set, the bands get some attention by association, we get to broaden our palette and their fans get a taste of genius.

“We live in divisive times.”
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2015, 12:36:57 AM »

I thought this thread was going to be about Charles' son, Mini.

But Mini Manson is a blackjack dealer, not a musician, so that wouldn't make any sense.

No mas, por favor.
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:18 AM »

Wow, this is a really great song... not the best song in the history of ever, no, but I have a feeling I'll have listened to this a couple dozen times before the weekend is over! Anything new with Brian Wilson, especially something of this quality, is very welcomed and is good for the soul. I must say, too, this song makes me want to check out the rest of Mini Mansions music, and I think I shall...
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »

I'm playing the LP (The Great Pretenders) for the 3nd time in a row now and have already fallen in love with it - in its entirety. The BW-assisted track in the middle seems like an extra-bonus.  3D
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »

I'm playing the LP (The Great Pretenders) for the 3nd time in a row now and have already fallen in love with it - in its entirety. The BW-assisted track in the middle seems like an extra-bonus.  3D

They're really quite a great band, aren't they? I'm looking forward to what else they can do in the future. Another collaboration with Brian wouldn't hurt!
chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2015, 11:22:06 PM »

This is great. I love that he is truly just contributing—not trying to steal the show. Adding some great harmony support and experimenting with some new sounds that blend super well.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx