gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:19:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian announces new tour with Al and Blondie  (Read 19798 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »

Also the SD venue. I hope they can also book RAH if Mike doesn't mark his territory and leave a bunch of unsold BBs baseball caps around to dissuade the management.

It's also not very many dates for the U.S. i would hope there are more dates to come or at least he comes back in the fall for some more dates.

Currently, it's exactly seventeen dates more than have been announced for Europe, and nine more than he played in total last year.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 02:52:50 PM »

JULY
5    Detroit, MI – Fox Theatre
Anyone planning to go to this show??  I am going to try to go!!!!  So exciting and such a thrill!   Grin

THAT'S the one I'm going to catch.

Hey Rubber Soul 3...David said something the other day about how he loves to play the Beach Boys music and that's kinda what he'd like to do as much as he possibly can.  Plans for him to join Mike and Bruce have been in the works for awhile it would seem.  So?  2 units of 3 Beach Boys each criss-crossing N America this summer offering up new and old/art and fun...and possibly the last farewell for Brian.  The next last farewells will follow over these next 22 to 34 months would be my guess.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And while I'm guessin' Andrew...I would think the 2nd phase of Brian's tour will be announced soon...and that it will be all about the UK this Sept/Oct.  I was sittin' here rubbin' the old crystal ball.  I could be wrong of course.  It turned out to be one of those Xmas snow globes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:58:57 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »

So far ALL of the dates announced are in The U S of A.  The one exception?  Toronto...on the 4th of July.  Kind of 'odd'.  Celebrate America's Independance out of the country.  Funny how things work out.  Luck of the draw.

Other 'odd' BW shows on or around 7/4:

2005 - Roskilde Festival, Denmark (3rd)
2007 - State Opera, Vienna, Austria (3rd)
2008 - Royal Albert Hall, London, England  (1st)
2009 - Deutsches Theater, Munich, Germany (4th)
2014 - The Marquee, Cork, Ireland (4th)

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'm sort of disappointed that the NJ venue is the PNC. The BBs played there for their 50th, and we had to walk a long way from our car to our seats. It was quite a trek (because the show sold well, so...lots of cars). This show is July 1, and if it's 90 degrees and high humidity, that's not going to be fun. I like when Brian plays theaters. However, if he's able to sell this larger venue (he played here for the BWPS tour), good for him, I guess.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 03:09:31 PM »

It may be BW's last tour. Despite hating my home state's former Garden State Arts Center, you are totally performing unlicensed dentistry on that gift horse!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 03:16:06 PM »

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'm sort of disappointed that the NJ venue is the PNC. The BBs played there for their 50th, and we had to walk a long way from our car to our seats. It was quite a trek (because the show sold well, so...lots of cars). This show is July 1, and if it's 90 degrees and high humidity, that's not going to be fun. I like when Brian plays theaters. However, if he's able to sell this larger venue (he played here for the BWPS tour), good for him, I guess.

Hey, I was at that show too!  I had better luck at that venue when Tom Petty played there.  Brian Wilson solo isn't as big a sell as the Beach Boys altogether or Tom Petty for that matter so it might be more low-key this time around.  Which I am totally fine with.  Yeah, getting there can be annoying but once you're there, it's a beautiful place to see a show.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »

Ontor; you are right. Knew you had to be from Jersey like me. I'm from Irvington.

It may be BW's last tour. Despite hating my home state's former Garden State Arts Center, you are totally performing unlicensed dentistry on that gift horse!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 03:48:18 PM »

Also worth keeping in mind is that it's not unheard for a few additional dates to be announced/added.

According to Brian's website, the 2004 Smile show in San Francisco never occurred, because it was added to the tour schedule relatively late and they never added it to the website. I was there, great show, so I'm *pretty* sure it actually happened.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »

Also the SD venue. I hope they can also book RAH if Mike doesn't mark his territory and leave a bunch of unsold BBs baseball caps around to dissuade the management.

It's also not very many dates for the U.S. i would hope there are more dates to come or at least he comes back in the fall for some more dates.

Currently, it's exactly seventeen dates more than have been announced for Europe, and nine more than he played in total last year.  Grin

Yes, but was there a US tour from Brian last year? When comparing this to 2013 (which nearly totaled thirty touring shows) this isn't even close to being "complete", by that standard.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 05:05:14 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/photos/p.10153127515852241/10153127515852241/?type=1&theater

In case doesn't work, memo says:

Hi everyone, Brian here. I’m sitting at Capitol Records and ready to answer some questions. Before I start, I want to share some cool news: I’m going on tour this summer starting in June. Both Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin will be joining me and my band and we will have the amazing Rodriguez opening the shows in the US. I’m really excited. All the dates will be on my website this afternoon, take a look!

That would be awesome. Even better if David and Ricky would join them, and that they tour Australia!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 05:09:27 PM »

I don't really understand the hype of a potential "last tour". EVERY tour ANY artist does may be their last tour...you can't let that sway your purchases.
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 05:11:35 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/photos/p.10153127515852241/10153127515852241/?type=1&theater

Hi everyone, Brian here. I’m sitting at Capitol Records and ready to answer some questions. Before I start, I want to share some cool news: I’m going on tour this summer starting in June. Both Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin will be joining me and my band and we will have the amazing Rodriguez opening the shows in the US. I’m really excited. All the dates will be on my website this afternoon, take a look!

That would be awesome. Even better if David and Ricky would join them, and that they tour Australia!

I always check to see if they're coming to Australia, and each time I'm disappointed  Sad
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »

So many locations close enough that it would be a reasonable drive during the day, but I would have to stay overnight.  Maybe I can work in a weekend trip to Chicago or Detroit.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »

I always check to see if they're coming to Australia, and each time I'm disappointed  Sad

I have been told that they will be coming to Australia.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:51:01 PM by 18thofMay » Logged

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 05:41:06 PM »

Hey, I was at that show too!  I had better luck at that venue when Tom Petty played there.  Brian Wilson solo isn't as big a sell as the Beach Boys altogether or Tom Petty for that matter so it might be more low-key this time around.  Which I am totally fine with.  Yeah, getting there can be annoying but once you're there, it's a beautiful place to see a show.

You're right. And I don't remember such a long walk when I saw Brian solo at the PNC. Nor when I saw Tori Amos there, years ago (even though my sister made us leave before the encore because she wanted to get to her car before everyone else got to theirs  Roll Eyes ). It is a beautiful venue. I just remember lots of septuagenarians walking a very long way to see the BBs. And lots of us missed the first couple of songs trying to make our way to our seats.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:43:30 PM by Amy B. » Logged
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 05:51:01 PM »

Any word on VIP/Meet And Greet packages?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 06:11:34 PM »

Damn no Houston dates Sad

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 06:13:22 PM »

I wonder if the setlist will be similar to the Venetian setlist.  It might look something like this (I copied the Venetian setlist and removed the guest spots).

I imagine they might change the order a little bit though (for instance, Good Vibrations being done so early on is odd).

1) Our Prayer
2) Heroes and Villains
3) Sloop John B (Al Jardine lead vocal)
4) Dance, Dance, Dance
5) Then I Kissed Her (Al Jardine lead vocal)
6) She Knows Me Too Well (Brian Eichenberger lead vocal)
7) Good Vibrations
8 ) This Beautiful Day
9) Don't Worry Baby (Brian Eichenberger lead vocal)
10) Marcella
11) Wild Honey (Blondie Chaplin lead vocal)
12) Sail On, Sailor (Blondie Chaplin lead vocal)
13) Sail Away (Brian Wilson, Al Jardine)
14) The Right Time (Al Jardine lead vocal)
15) California Saga: California (Brian Wilson and Al Jardine lead vocal)
16) Wouldn't It Be Nice (Al Jardine lead vocal)
17) Help Me, Rhonda (Al Jardine lead vocal)
18) Hold On Dear Brother (Blondie Chaplin lead vocal)
19) Darlin' (Darian Sahanaja lead vocal)
20) God Only Knows
21) Pacific Coast Highway
22) Summer's Gone
23) California Girls
24) All Summer Long
25) Barbara Ann
26) Surfin' U.S.A.
27) Fun, Fun, Fun

baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 06:24:30 PM »

I wonder if the setlist will be similar to the Venetian setlist.  It might look something like this (I copied the Venetian setlist and removed the guest spots).

I imagine they might change the order a little bit though (for instance, Good Vibrations being done so early on is odd).

1) Our Prayer
2) Heroes and Villains
3) Sloop John B (Al Jardine lead vocal)
4) Dance, Dance, Dance
5) Then I Kissed Her (Al Jardine lead vocal)
6) She Knows Me Too Well (Brian Eichenberger lead vocal)
7) Good Vibrations
8 ) This Beautiful Day
9) Don't Worry Baby (Brian Eichenberger lead vocal)
10) Marcella
11) Wild Honey (Blondie Chaplin lead vocal)
12) Sail On, Sailor (Blondie Chaplin lead vocal)
13) Sail Away (Brian Wilson, Al Jardine)
14) The Right Time (Al Jardine lead vocal)
15) California Saga: California (Brian Wilson and Al Jardine lead vocal)
16) Wouldn't It Be Nice (Al Jardine lead vocal)
17) Help Me, Rhonda (Al Jardine lead vocal)
18) Hold On Dear Brother (Blondie Chaplin lead vocal)
19) Darlin' (Darian Sahanaja lead vocal)
20) God Only Knows
21) Pacific Coast Highway
22) Summer's Gone
23) California Girls
24) All Summer Long
25) Barbara Ann
26) Surfin' U.S.A.
27) Fun, Fun, Fun

I'm really hoping they'll add another Blondie vocal or two. Also i'm always holding out hope for an appearance of Honkin' Down The Highway With Al!  Grin
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 06:26:09 PM »

Come on Brian, let's see you in North Carolina! I'm a poor college student.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2015, 06:50:51 PM »

C'mon.  BW has been at the Warner at least twice and at Wolf Trap.    gotta share dude!

Absolutely. More dates in better places! 5 hours, minimum, is too far to drive (Chicago/Nashville)
Yeah i'm in the DC area and a 2 and a half hour drive to Philly is worth it but i would think a show closer to that area would be in the cards.
Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2015, 07:25:58 PM »

Who here is going to the Philly show on 6/29? I certainly am. Mann Center is a great venue for Brian and company.

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2015, 07:30:55 PM »

JUNE 18 Saratoga, CA  – The Mountain Winery.

I'm there! Great venue. Have seen a few concerts there, including The Boys and a couple of Brian solo gigs. Even saw Brian fall down on stage there.

Have dinner with a little Mountain Winery Cabernet Sauvignon. Do a little dance. Get down that night. Get down that night. Might or might not meet up with what's left of the Bay Area Beach Boys contingent. Will definitely meet up with 'Hey Jude' even if I have to forcibly corner him in stall #2 of the Men's Room to convince him that the C50 is indeed over and there's no chance of it happening again, even though he's still obsessed with it and posts about it and band politics incessantly on every thread concerning the subject matter on the Smiley Smile board.

Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2015, 07:37:21 PM »

Hmm, the Greek, Jones Beach.  Pretty decent venues.

Mike Bruce and David couldn't sell out Jones Beach, in fact not even close and that was with Lovin Spoonful and The Rascals. I'll be interested to see if Brian, Al and Blondie can sell it out or at least do better attendance wise.

They're probably banking on quite a bit of press since the movie will be out 2 1/2 weeks out prior...
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 08:29:43 PM »

Damn no Houston dates Sad

With your connections, Brian is liable to send his personal driver to bring you up to Austin

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx