gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:49:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian announces new tour with Al and Blondie  (Read 19727 times)
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2015, 01:06:26 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/photos/p.10153127515852241/10153127515852241/?type=1&theater

In case doesn't work, memo says:

Hi everyone, Brian here. I’m sitting at Capitol Records and ready to answer some questions. Before I start, I want to share some cool news: I’m going on tour this summer starting in June. Both Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin will be joining me and my band and we will have the amazing Rodriguez opening the shows in the US. I’m really excited. All the dates will be on my website this afternoon, take a look!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:07:21 PM by baseball95 » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 01:11:32 PM »

cool.  Who is/are the Amazing Rodriguez? A magician?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »

Here are the dates as of now on Brian's site.

JUNE

18    Saratoga, CA –The Mountain Winery
19    San Diego, CA – Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay
20    Los Angeles, CA – The Greek Theatre            
23    Austin, TX – Frank Erwin Center
24    Dallas, TX – Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
26    Atlanta, GA – Fox Theatre
27    Nashville, TN – Carl Black Chevy Woods Amphitheater        
29    Philadelphia, PA – The Mann Center for the Performing Arts
30    Wantagh, NY – Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

JULY

1    Holmdel, NJ –PNC Bank Arts Center
2    Boston, MA –Blue Hills Bank Pavilion    
4    Toronto, ON –Sony Center (Brian Wilson and band only / Rodriguez will not appear)    
5    Detroit, MI – Fox Theatre
6    Chicago, IL – Ravinia Festival        
8    Denver, CO – 1STBANK Center    
10   Las Vegas, NV – Chelsea Theater at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas    
12   Seattle,  WA – Benaroya Hall - S. Mark Taper Foundation Auditorium
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:16:15 PM by baseball95 » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »

Alright! Blondie where he should be. Can someone go throw a bucket of rats on Steve Love's lawn?

Re: Rodriguez. Check out Searching for Sugar Man.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »

Hmm, the Greek, Jones Beach.  Pretty decent venues.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 01:17:36 PM »

Hmm, the Greek, Jones Beach.  Pretty decent venues.

Mike Bruce and David couldn't sell out Jones Beach, in fact not even close and that was with Lovin Spoonful and The Rascals. I'll be interested to see if Brian, Al and Blondie can sell it out or at least do better attendance wise.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 01:26:09 PM »

Also the SD venue. I hope they can also book RAH if Mike doesn't mark his territory and leave a bunch of unsold BBs baseball caps around to dissuade the management.

Someone tell me when tickets will be on sale so I can stop refreshing the Greek's page. I missed Brianfest and if I miss this, there will be consequences. Whiny whining consequences.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:27:43 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »

Also the SD venue. I hope they can also book RAH if Mike doesn't mark his territory and leave a bunch of unsold BBs baseball caps around to dissuade the management.

It's also not very many dates for the U.S. i would hope there are more dates to come or at least he comes back in the fall for some more dates.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 01:29:44 PM »

It's also not very many dates for the U.S. i would hope there are more dates to come or at least he comes back in the fall for some more dates.

Absolutely. More dates in better places! 5 hours, minimum, is too far to drive (Chicago/Nashville)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 01:30:37 PM »

Having Al and Blondie there will take a lot of weight off Brian. These shows should be great.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SBonilla
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »

cool.  Who is/are the Amazing Rodriguez? A magician?
In a way, yes. Sixto Rodriguez' story is told in this movie (here's the trailer): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEojBYmR-o
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »

Absolutely. More dates in better places! 5 hours, minimum, is too far to drive (Chicago/Nashville)
Yeah i'm in the DC area and a 2 and a half hour drive to Philly is worth it but i would think a show closer to that area would be in the cards.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »

I see the Philly show will be outdoors on June 29th. Though, if it has to be outdoors, The Mann Center is one of the better venues. It's covered and has pretty decent acoustics. I'll be there! Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 01:49:53 PM »

I'll be doin' the Detroit show.  WAY closer than Toronto PLUS Sixto.  [and I have Sunday and Monday off w/o even having to ask. Cool Guy]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 01:55:25 PM »

I'll be doin' the Detroit show.  WAY closer than Toronto PLUS Sixto.  [and I have Sunday and Monday off w/o even having to ask. Cool Guy]

Ahh, see, I was thinking the BEST Show announced was July 4th( NO Sixto)

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 02:02:29 PM »

Up that day at 5:45 ish...and then...After a 6 hour shift and then a minimum 5 hour drive to the venue...I'd get there just around 7:30 pm...if everything is accident/event free and if the weather doesn't include rain which causes way too many people to drive like it's a freakin' blizzard.  And then?  I'll be a basket of nails.  Pretty sure I'll enjoy the getting to and back from Detroit thing much better on the Sunday.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »

The Fox!

Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 02:12:22 PM »

I see it's the Greek on his birthday.  Nice he'll be able to celebrate at home.
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »

Like the new pic!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »

I see it's the Greek on his birthday.  Nice he'll be able to celebrate at home.

WOW, Who plans these tours?

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »

So far ALL of the dates announced are in The U S of A.  The one exception?  Toronto...on the 4th of July.  Kind of 'odd'.  Celebrate America's Independance out of the country.  Funny how things work out.  Luck of the draw.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »

Someone tell me when tickets will be on sale so I can stop refreshing the Greek's page. I missed Brianfest and if I miss this, there will be consequences. Whiny whining consequences.

FIRST: Somebody has to call the Greek and let them know Brian's tour is playing there, so they can add it to their scheduled events

So far ALL of the dates announced are in The U S of A.  The one exception?  Toronto...on the 4th of July.  Kind of 'odd'.  Celebrate America's Independance out of the country.  Funny how things work out.  Luck of the draw.

Guess Brian's Breaking Away...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:23:24 PM by bgas » Logged

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »

I too am expecting more dates in the fall...this is a pretty small batch of dates to promote a new album AND film.

Actually this is quite similar in style to 2013...and we got a fall tour then!

Quite a pity David can't be on the tour...
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 02:43:23 PM »

JULY
5    Detroit, MI – Fox Theatre
Anyone planning to go to this show??  I am going to try to go!!!!  So exciting and such a thrill!   Grin
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 02:47:17 PM »

Oooh! I might try to do the Nashville show~
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx