gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:37:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to answer more questions this Thursday  (Read 17088 times)
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »

they always feel the need to photoshop Brian's neck and do a really bad job of it. just leave it! he's in his 70s for crying out loud. what is the point?

but the countdown to NPP is on! it's great to see Brian so 'up' and actively engaging with his fans on social media. this is a banner year for Brian Wilson, and for us as fans. bring it on!

surely Brian has been asked the vegetable question before...? i'm guessing asparagus.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 09:05:17 PM »

"Isn't cheeze pizza funny guys ha ha ha let's never stop talking about cheeze pizza"...BW...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK.  "Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza. Cheese Pizza."

It's only a quote.  It goes something like..."Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.    Cheese Pizza.    Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.   Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza."

THAT should have Brian covered until at least early next December.

By then I'll bet he'll be ready to try 'it' with some bacon, onion and tomato slices.

For me, it's all about sweet peppers, onions, bacon and if I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I add some scrambled eggs on top. I admit, I'm disappointed. I would have thought a mind as creative as BDW's would have discovered some wild new topping combination that none of us could have ever imagined.

How dare you, Brian. Cheese pizza? Bah humbug.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 09:34:29 PM »

I can see his 20's self in this photo Smiley

You know what? I thought that too when I saw the photo. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 10:14:50 PM »

It's the same person.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 10:21:03 PM »

It's the same person.

No, it's not. He's been through a lot of metamorphosessisses since then. If you were to make a film about Brian's whole life, you'd need 4-6 different looking actors.

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 11:29:16 PM »

It's the same person.

No, it's not. He's been through a lot of metamorphosessisses since then. If you were to make a film about Brian's whole life, you'd need 4-6 different looking actors.

Far more significant are the mental metamorphoses caused by all the drugs, time, suffering and exploitation. The Brian of 2015 is a very different man than the Brian of 1966. The Brian of 1967 is a different man than the Brian of 1966. Which is to say nothing of all the other Brian's in between and before.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 01:33:07 AM »

I saw that photo and thought: "My, the Photoshop engines have been running hot at Wilson towers..."

Mind you, if they can make me look that good when I'm 73 even with Photoshop or whatever they'll have by then, that'll be great. It is a miracle that Brian is still here and looking as good as he does, considering what he's done to himself over the years. Even without Photoshop. He should look totally raddled, like Keith Richards. But he doesn't.

EDIT: I just realised: digital manipulation tools are the curse of Brian's life right now. Whenever he releases new music, there's a 48-page forum discussion about the Auto-Tune on it in ten minutes. When he puts out a new press pic, everyone starts calling him out for Photoshop...

Perhaps he should put his next album out on cassette, and circulate black and white film prints as press pics only... taken on a box brownie. Forget back to mono, that *would* be old-school...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:38:32 AM by Matt Bielewicz » Logged
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 01:42:33 AM »

I'm going to ask couple follow-ups for the pizza questions. I hope he answers! Really looking forward to this!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 03:57:29 AM »

It's the same person.

Far more significant are the mental metamorphoses caused by all the drugs, time, suffering and exploitation. The Brian of 2015 is a very different man than the Brian of 1966. The Brian of 1967 is a different man than the Brian of 1966. Which is to say nothing of all the other Brian's in between and before.

Actually I meant the mental metamorphoses by saying "metamorphosessisses", but then took to his physical appearence to illustrate it. I'm not the same person I was in my twenties either, though at 45 I look closer to my 25 self than Brian did at 45 to his 25 self, meaning I just look 20 years older whereas Brian looked like someone else completely. To me anyway.

Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 06:32:01 AM »

It's the same person.

Actually I meant the mental metamorphoses by saying "metamorphosessisses", but then took to his physical appearence to illustrate it. I'm not the same person I was in my twenties either, though at 45 I look closer to my 25 self than Brian did at 45 to his 25 self, meaning I just look 20 years older whereas Brian looked like someone else completely. To me anyway.

Micha is onto something. Fat Brian with a beard is unrecognizable. He looked nothing like the guy in this picture.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 06:34:21 AM »

Isn't cheeze pizza funny guys ha ha ha let's never stop talking about cheeze pizza

I want to know if anyone ever sent in a letter to tell him the name of their favorite vegetable. I want to know *his* favorite vegetable.

Many did, yes...
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 06:44:42 AM »

I don't mind that he's doing a Q&A on Facebook. He wants to reach as many people as possible, so he doesn't want to limit the Q&As to message boards. I don't have FB, and I'm hoping someone who does will post a transcript.  Grin
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 06:57:34 AM »

Micha is onto something. Fat Brian with a beard is unrecognizable. He looked nothing like the guy in this picture.

Remember this? Smiley

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/brianwilson.html

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:47 AM »

The lithography is based on this photo:

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »

Reminder, one hour to go before the Facebook event. If I could think of a question I'd post it. Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 12:41:17 PM »

Following the Q and A here...someone put all of the USED Qs and As into a post.  Can that be done THIS time...off of facebook for us NON facebookians?  Please and thank you?? Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »

I would have preferred the photograph to the lithograph ...

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »

So...they used 'auto-tone' on the picture did they? Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 01:06:29 PM »

I'll post a transcript as I'm able:

Hi everyone, Brian here. I’m sitting at Capitol Records and ready to answer some questions. Before I start, I want to share some cool news: I’m going on tour this summer starting in June. Both Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin will be joining me and my band and we will have the amazing Rodriguez opening the shows in the US. I’m really excited. All the dates will be on my website this afternoon, take a look!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »

Rodriguez, for those who may not know him, was the subject of the Searching for Sugar Man documentary.

s'pretty cool
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:09:36 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »

What has been your musical inspiration over the past couple years? And what musical artist has had the greatest influence on you?

Paul McCartney has always been an inspiration because of his melody and how he sings. My family has always been an inspiration too.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2015, 01:11:37 PM »

Brian - what inspires you to wake up each day and do something uniquely musical? Is "Last Song" a sign of the end or a grand finale? BTW my 10 y/o surfer girl would love to see you in concert in the Midwest sometime. Love & Mercy to you!

I answered what inspires me before, but as for "The Last Song" it's the grand finale of the album, but not of my life. You never know what it's going to be. This could be my last tour, but I know I've got more music in me.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »

Just want to say Thank You for the wonderful music for so many years.
You are looking wonderful. I really look forward to the release of your new album 'No Pier Pressure' what an absolutely wonderful name for an album. This question has probably been ask already, but how long has it been in the making. Also will you be doing more albums in the future. We can never have enough of the amazing work you do. Thank you again.
A fan from the beginning.

My daughter Daria came up with the title for the album. It's very clever. The album has basically been in the making since the end of The Beach Boys 50th Anniversary. I started writing songs for The Beach Boys, but ended up doing a solo album, and I'm really pleased with it. Having all these young, contemporary voices really brought the record to a different level.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2015, 01:19:14 PM »

"The Last Song" it's the grand finale of the album, but not of my life. You never know what it's going to be. This could be my last tour, but I know I've got more music in me.

I LIKE that reponse a LOT.  Appreciate you doing this GF...Lee

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 01:20:54 PM »

Hi Brian! How do you feel about modern recording practices? For example would you have liked to have had Pro Tools on hand when recording Pet Sounds, or on the other hand would you have liked to have cut No Pier Pressure on 4-track?

ProTools can be very useful. As for No Pier Pressure, I would have liked to record it on a 72-track.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx