gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:48:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to answer more questions this Thursday  (Read 17048 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:10:19 PM »

Brian posted on his Facebook page today:  
>>Brian Wilson
      24 mins · .

I'm overwhelmed by the response to the trailer for 'Love & Mercy' and so excited to release my new album 'No Pier Pressure' on April 7th. To celebrate all the great things happening in my life, I'll be taking your questions on Thursday, March 5th at 1PM PST. Leave your questions in the comments of this post & I will respond to as many as possible. Plus, tune in for a special announcement that I'm sharing with my fans first!

Love and Mercy,
 Brian  <<

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:12:43 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »

OK...so I'm a dinosaur.  I'm good with THAT.  I don't tweet and I don't fo faceboofk.  I waste enough of my time on message boards and now watching u-tewb which I never did before this past November.

I'll get my news as to the whole 'deal' here.

Speculation regarding the special news tomrrow at 1:00?  Tour info I'm guessing.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »

He's goin' to announce another Beach Boys album. Only fair to share it with the "fans first" before Mike knows anything about it...   Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:56:45 PM »

Brian posted on his Facebook page today:  
>>Brian Wilson
      24 mins · .

I'm overwhelmed by the response to the trailer for 'Love & Mercy' and so excited to release my new album 'No Pier Pressure' on April 7th. To celebrate all the great things happening in my life, I'll be taking your questions on Thursday, March 5th at 1PM PST. Leave your questions in the comments of this post & I will respond to as many as possible. Plus, tune in for a special announcement that I'm sharing with my fans first!

Love and Mercy,
 Brian  <<

Not to be a Debby downer again, but why do such a thing on Facebook? The last one was a complete and total clusterfuck where you couldn't even tell which question he was answering. Hate to sh!t on everybody's good time again, but I'm surprised his management considered that enough of a success to warrant duplicating it. If they prefer Facebook, have the fans post their questions directly to his wall and Brian can answer in a comment. Seems simple enough.

I still think he should just do a Reddit AMA.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »

[...] The last one was a complete and total clusterfuck [...]
Huh? That's the first I've heard of it. I really enjoyed it and I bet hundreds of other fanatics and bored Facebook users thought the same. Besides, I doubt we saw the last of Brian on SmileySmile, either. Wink
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »

Cool photo.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »

But Mujan...WHAT IF Brian's changed the answer to what his favourite Pizza is NOW? Shocked
 THAT would expand the parametres of what a 'clusterfuck' REALLY is wouldn't it?  I'm COUNTING on Y O U to keep me updated.  I'm a non believer in facebook.  Come on Man. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »

I'm pretty sure he's just going to announce Love And Mercy 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »

Huh? That's the first I've heard of it. I really enjoyed it and I bet hundreds of other fanatics and bored Facebook users thought the same. Besides, I doubt we saw the last of Brian on SmileySmile, either. Wink

Really? Cuz even in the comments as it was going on people were voicing their disappointment. Not at the answers or Brian's intent, but the format of Facebook itself being unsuited for a public q&a. Also, I've seen at least one other poster here say the same thing about it. I appreciate what Brian's trying to do even if he may not be the most prolific interviewee. But Facebook is probably the worst way to do it. It's no secret I was disappointed with the time and questions he chose to answer, but this forum did a great job providing a structured, orderly place to host the event. Much better than a comment section on a Facebook post.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »

Really? Cuz even in the comments as it was going on people were voicing their disappointment. Not at the answers or Brian's intent, but the format of Facebook itself being unsuited for a public q&a. Also, I've seen at least one other poster here say the same thing about it. I appreciate what Brian's trying to do even if he may not be the most prolific interviewee. But Facebook is probably the worst way to do it. It's no secret I was disappointed with the time and questions he chose to answer, but this forum did a great job providing a structured, orderly place to host the event. Much better than a comment section on a Facebook post.
Format-wise, maybe. I didn't mind though. I was primarily objecting to you calling it a "complete and total clusterfuck". That's far from how I (and the majority of fans, I think) perceived it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to more Q&As by Brian. It's amazing he's still around and willing to answer fanboy-questions. Smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »

Format-wise, maybe. I didn't mind though. I was primarily objecting to you calling it a "complete and total clusterfuck". That's far from how I (and the majority of fans, I think) perceived it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to more Q&As by Brian. It's amazing he's still around and willing to answer fanboy-questions. Smiley

Agreed. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish he'd answer more hardball questions and stay more than a half-hour at a time, but I do appreciate the gesture.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 02:37:09 PM »

This is great news! Looking forward to it.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »

Cool photo.

Agreed.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »

Looking forward to this...I don't think it's a mystery why Brian is using FB for his Q&A.  Granted, FB formatting doesn't make it easy for chats since it's designed for revenue generation for FB itself before anything else, but it's a huge location for Brian's fans to get info and they certainly aren't all on SS or Blueboard...many, many people live on FB (like some live here).  Glad he's reaching out to everyone he can and we'll get the info we need in any case.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »

I'm not a facebook person but I'm glad Brian is doing this for his fans on FB. I'm just grateful that he answered my question here at SS.
Nothgual
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 04:58:53 PM »

Wow this is really great news. Hopefully the Facebook fans ask him some interesting questions about No Pier Pressure.
rynedotcom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »

Should be very interesting to see what kinds of intriguing questions he answers on facebook.

"What's your favorite sandwich Brian?"

Brian: Grilled Cheese.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »

I love you Brian but I'm not joining facebook for you  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »

Gah...it starts right when my work shift starts. Dammit lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »

I love you Brian but I'm not joining facebook for you  Grin

This...squared.

Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 07:50:06 PM »

Should we ask Brian what comes with his cheese pizza order, like sodas, wings, and fries? Or should we ask how often he orders cheese pizza? I think we can all agree these are very important questions.

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 07:52:38 PM »

Isn't cheeze pizza funny guys ha ha ha let's never stop talking about cheeze pizza
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »

Isn't cheeze pizza funny guys ha ha ha let's never stop talking about cheeze pizza

I want to know if anyone ever sent in a letter to tell him the name of their favorite vegetable. I want to know *his* favorite vegetable.

Honestly, I'd love it if Brian wrote a follow up to Vega-Tables but about fruits. Fruits are sweeter, more colorful and hold the seeds of the future inside. That's a song right there. 100% serious.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 08:01:31 PM »

"Isn't cheeze pizza funny guys ha ha ha let's never stop talking about cheeze pizza"...BW...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK.  "Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza. Cheese Pizza."

It's only a quote.  It goes something like..."Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.    Cheese Pizza.    Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.   Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza.  Cheese Pizza."

THAT should have Brian covered until at least early next December.

By then I'll bet he'll be ready to try 'it' with some bacon, onion and tomato slices.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:05:17 PM by Add Some » Logged

Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »

Man, that is a fantastic photo of Brian!  I can see his 20's self in this photo Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx