-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Hi all
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 3211 times)
halblaineisgood
« on: March 03, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »

I recently purchased a weight bench and some free weights. It took a long time to put together.  I'm finally using it. It is great.
I have a slight problem.
I only know two things.
I do the bench press and some curls. I know there's more to learn . What other exercises can I do?
(also, what the hell are those padded leg things on the end ??)

thanks in advance .

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:16:46 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:25:57 PM »

I recently purchased a weight bench and some free weights. It took a long time to put together.  I'm finally using it. It is great.
I have a slight problem.
I only know two things.
I do the bench press and some curls. I know there's more to learn . What other exercises can I do?
(also, what the hell are those padded leg things on the end ??)

thanks in advance .

Try this one:

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:02 PM »

Looks simple enough. Thanks, mayun. I will.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 12:19:29 PM »

W/O seeing a pic of the unit...Those padded leg things are for anchoring yourself in order to do sit-ups maybe?  Or do they move?  If so?  Leg lifts...with weights to build up the thighs.  I do light exercises.  Good thing to do.  A little bit...frequently ...beats the living poop outta doin' dick-all.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 05:46:09 PM »

Try doing tricep extensions. Straddle the bench with your head face up. Take the bar in both hands above your head and slowly lower the bar to just above your forehead and push slowly back all the way up. Do 4 sets of 10 and believe me, the back of your upper arms will be screaming at you in the morning. For pecs (chest), same position but with dumbells in each hand, start by having one in each hand with arms extended above your head, slowly lower them to just below your chest keeping your elbows locked. DO NOT go any lower or you will possibly injure your rotator cuffs like I did 20 years ago. The padded accessories at the bottom of the bench are for leg and calf raises. It's tough in the beginning, but you'll be way ahead of your contemporaries who don't work out at least three times a week.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:20:08 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:19:13 PM »

Try doing tricep extensions. Straddle the bench with your head face up. Take the bar in both hands above your head and slowly lower the bar to just above your forehead and push slowly back all the way up. Do 4 sets of 10 and believe me, the back of your upper arms will be screaming at you in the morning. For pecs (chest), same position but with dumbells in each hand, start by having one in each hand with arms extended above your head, slowly lower them to just below your chest keeping your elbows locked. DO NOT go any lower or you will possibly injure your rotary cuffs like I did 20 years ago. The padded accessories at the bottom of the bench are for leg and calf raises. It's tough in the beginning, but you'll be way ahead of your contemporaries who don't work out at least three times a week.
Much appreciated!! Thumbs Up
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 08:20:51 AM »

you'll be way ahead of your contemporaries who don't work out at least three times a week.
At least three times a week??? I feel very proud of myself with my modest once a week down the gym. In the morning, of course, so as not interfere with my imbibing activities later in the day. Grin 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »

you'll be way ahead of your contemporaries who don't work out at least three times a week.
At least three times a week??? I feel very proud of myself with my modest once a week down the gym. In the morning, of course, so as not interfere with my imbibing activities later in the day. Grin 
Not saying once a week is a bad thing, but it's a bit like pissin' in the wind. You're probably not going to get much of a benefit by exercising once a week.  Hell, I've been doing 3 days for decades and some say that's  not enough, but it boils down to how much time one has without becoming a gym rat. But you will feel and see results by going 3 days /week, and prouder. Smiley

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: