gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:09:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Marks willl play my hometown!  (Read 3306 times)
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:02:21 AM »

David will be headlining the XII Surforama Festival in Valencia, Spain.
http://festivalsurforama.es/
Els A-Phonics will be the supporting band for David in this only show in Europe. They are a local surf band who have formerly supported Nokie Edwards (The Ventures) and Eddie Bertrand (Eddie & The Showmen) at the same festival.
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/los-conciertos-de-radio-3/conciertos-radio3-200115-2358-169/2958208/

This show will take place just before David joining Mike & Bruce for the UK Tour. And this will be the first time that a member of The Beach Boys perform in Valencia since the 1990 spanish tour!
I hope I can meet David when he arrives in my hometown. I can't wait for next May!

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:26:38 AM »

So, what can I expect in a David Marks solo show?
Marksmen songs, all Beach Boys songs, surf instros, maybe Moon songs?
Any comments please??

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:47:26 AM »

Is this sensational?

I play my hometown every day.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 09:54:10 AM »

Excellent, I'd love to see a show like that. David's always seems to be one of the quieter members and is a massive talent. It'd be great to watch him take to the spotlight. Here's hoping it goes over well and he considers more solo dates in future when his schedule allows.
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:27:32 AM »

David is playing at Surf-o-Rama, which is a surf music festival, so the setlist will be geared towards that genre…you can expect early Beach Boys, Marksmen and a heavy surf instrumental set.  Looking forward to seeing you there, we are both excited to visit Valencia!
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 11:12:12 AM »

Is this sensational?

I play my hometown every day.

Well, I don't know if 'sensational' is the word, but it is surely a blast that the only european solo show of David will be here in Valencia where many Beach Boys and surf instro fans will come to see him.
As I said before, surf music legends like Nokie Edwards and Eddie Bertrand have played the Surforama before and it is great that David can be considered as a surf legend as well.

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 11:16:34 AM »

Excellent, I'd love to see a show like that. David's always seems to be one of the quieter members and is a massive talent. It'd be great to watch him take to the spotlight. Here's hoping it goes over well and he considers more solo dates in future when his schedule allows.

I am looking forward to seeing David play with a local surf band, as opposed to seeing him play with The Beach Boys or The Surf City Allstars.
I am very curious and it will surely be a great show.

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »

David is playing at Surf-o-Rama, which is a surf music festival, so the setlist will be geared towards that genre…you can expect early Beach Boys, Marksmen and a heavy surf instrumental set.  Looking forward to seeing you there, we are both excited to visit Valencia!

Great! I can't wait for the show and see you there too! You will enjoy Valencia very much, it is a beautiful mediterranean city!  Cool Guy

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 03:30:28 PM »

David is rehearsing now in Valencia for next Saturday's show.
There is a video of Surf Jam on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/DavidMarksOfficial

Can't wait for the weekend!

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 03:50:15 PM »

Enjoy.  I am just hoping...having never seen David perform live...that he somehow joins in for some of the North American end of the Beach Boys tour this summer.  T'would be great to offer up some LOUD cheering and hand clapping directed at him, at the very least, as a way of thanking him for all he provided to my life-long 'soundtrack'.  It's because of David that I met and spent significant time with Carl.  Just because I was interested in David's well-being and asked...Carl made time for me.

Anyway...again...enjoy.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 04:01:35 PM »

Ahhh, I love David Marks playing!  I got to see him with Brian in 2013.  I just picked up the first The Moon LP, his playing makes the album.  Would love to find Without Earth!

I bet the show will be fantastic!
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 08:26:41 AM »

It will be a great surf & roll party!

https://youtu.be/FvQW5uCMD9U

ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »

One of my favorites from the "Surfin' USA" LP! Thanks for sharing that here! I wish I could go to Spain and see David's set; he's the man! Enjoy the show.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:47:03 AM by ppk700 » Logged
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »

Great song--one to play with the BB if they get back together. . .

One of my favorites from the "Surfin' USA" LP! Thanks for sharing that here! I wish I could go to Spain and see David's set; he's the man! Enjoy the show.
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 04:41:19 AM »

It was a great show last night. All the Beach Boys songs David performed were tracks in which he actually played back in the day, if you don't count Barbara Ann or Do You Wanna Dance.
He mentioned Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention as being the inspiration for Food Fair!

Setlist:

01 Surfin' Safari
02 Hawaii
03 Louie Louie
04 Let's Go Trippin'
05 Moon Dawg
06 Surf Jam
07 Stoked
08 Kustom Kar Show
09 409
10 Little Deuce Coupe
11 Cruisin'