gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:14:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Brian - Chris Rainbow  (Read 7425 times)
BrianWilson2015
Most Honoured Guest

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2015, 07:38:15 AM »

I felt really bad to hear about Chris Rainbow passing away, he was too young. I remember in the late 1970s, a friend played "Dear Brian" for me and I was touched and honored by it. It was a beautiful track. I wish the best for Chris's family and friends.

Love & Mercy,

Brian

Brian Wilson
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:04 AM »

Nice tribute, Brian.
Sjöman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:55:33 AM »

Chris Rainbow - "Dear Brian"
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:05:07 AM »

A touching tribute - Chris would be so moved.

I'm very sorry to have learned of Chris' death. He wrote some beautiful songs and being influenced by Brian had some wonderful results.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:09:18 AM »

Thanks so much Brian for thinking of Chris.  This will mean a lot to his family, I'm sure.  He was a funny, sweet and talented man and we will all miss him...
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:11:21 AM »

That's odd, I can't find anything about his passing anywhere.

But indeed, that's sad news. 'The Turn of a Friendly Card' is one of my favorite songs from the 1980s.

Edit: http://www.udiscovermusic.com/chris-rainbow
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:15:11 AM by shelter » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 08:31:27 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMQZhuqSAw
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 08:46:12 AM »

'Dear Brian' is a lovely song and tribute. Sorry to hear about his passing. Thank you Brian for relaying the message. Love And Mercy.
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:23:45 AM »

In a statement responding to Chris' death Alan Parsons said "Eric Woolfson and I used to call him the One Man Beach Boys."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 12:02:14 PM »

In a statement responding to Chris' death Alan Parsons said "Eric Woolfson and I used to call him the One Man Beach Boys."
Praise enough. Unfortunately Chris's and indeed Alan's music passed me by. Thank you, Brian, for taking the trouble to pay tribute to him here.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 01:46:35 PM »

Never heard of Chris's music. Looks like I have to remedy that.

Sorry for the loss.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 01:49:57 PM »

Praise enough. Unfortunately Chris's and indeed Alan's music passed me by. Thank you, Brian, for taking the trouble to pay tribute to him here.

Sure, I can see " Dear Brian" being old enough that it'd be easy to overlook. And the rest of his and the Alan Parsons music wouldn't be to everyone's taste, I'm sure. 
Always sad tho, when someone such as this passes.  

For me, I first heard the Brian tribute on a tape from Coach. Another who is surely/sorely missed.  

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 02:24:49 PM »

"Looking Over My Shoulder" his second album is indeed recommended, not just because of "Dear Brian". "Ring Ring" from his third and last album was a successful 45 in Germany and Holland (1979). After that he sang quite a lot of songs on various Alan Parsons Project albums and produced Runrig, a Scottish band quite popular all over Europe.
Albums:
Home Of The Brave (Polydor 1975) produced by Malcolm Cecil and Robert Margouleff
Looking Over My Shoulder (Polydor 1978) produced by Chris Rainbow
White Trails (EMI 1979) produced by Chris Rainbow
Plus a string of about 8 45s (often with non-lp B-sides or different versions)
You can find them here http://www.45cat.com/artist/chris-rainbow
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:26:35 PM by dogear » Logged

Watson, did you hear this?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 08:09:06 PM »

I've honestly never heard of him but I'll check his stuff out.  Touching that Brian thinks enough of us to come mention it here. 
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 08:51:50 AM »

I've honestly never heard of him but I'll check his stuff out.  Touching that Brian thinks enough of us to come mention it here. 

It is nice, isn't it that Brian includes his fans?  Brian posted a tribute on his Board as well.  What a lovely thing to do, and now a lot of you who weren't aware of Chris (he wasn't as well known in the States) will be able to enjoy his music, which was great.  Chris loved Brian and you can hear the appreciation in his work.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 11:02:36 PM »

and now a lot of you who weren't aware of Chris (he wasn't as well known in the States)
Not to meowntion* here in Russia, don't forget about us. police He wasn't popular in Soviet Union, according to those who grew up during that time.

Now, I'm off for Youtube to listen to some Chris Rainbow & then -  my usual habit - go to our local file-sharing site & download for free the toons I liked. 3D

*that's a cat talk for ya  =^_^=
Cheers.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 11:29:17 PM »

It is nice, isn't it that Brian includes his fans?  Brian posted a tribute on his Board as well.  What a lovely thing to do, and now a lot of you who weren't aware of Chris (he wasn't as well known in the States) will be able to enjoy his music, which was great.  Chris loved Brian and you can hear the appreciation in his work.

I'd never heard of him before, but if Brian thinks that highly of him, I must check him out.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 02:52:57 AM »

The song "Give me what I cry for " is beautiful. Melodically superb. The lead and counter harmonies are wonderful.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 05:12:18 AM »

The song "Give me what I cry for " is beautiful. Melodically superb. The lead and counter harmonies are wonderful.

Just checked it out. Really good stuff. 'I've lost the meaning of simplicity'...now that's a great line.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 08:37:03 AM »

Just to make it easy:

His tribute to Brian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDnLqiJCyvk

Great tag on this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwtbAV7oG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvYYnLrivc8
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 08:51:26 AM »

Thanks Ang.  Mike Grant will also be re-playing a tribute to Chris on his Mixlr.com show "Mike's Mix" today at 8pm UK time, 3 pm EST and noon PST...This is immediately before his weekly Hawthorne Harmonies show on at 9pm UK time.  This week he's doing a tribute to the anniversary of the "Smile" premiere (11 years, 1 week ago).   Hope everyone can make it.
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 10:42:04 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GozQ3hvy6N0 Intro and tag remind you of??
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:45:23 AM by dogear » Logged

Watson, did you hear this?
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GozQ3hvy6N0 Intro and tag remind you of??

Yes - Much of Chris's music tips its hat to Brian's work - "You Still Believe in Me" in this case, of course.  And this work is quite nice, isn't it?
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 01:32:01 PM »

I'd never heard of him before, but if Brian thinks that highly of him, I must check him out.
  Really Billy.  Chris was OUTSTANDING.  His is a terrible loss.  We are ALL the poorer for it. Sad

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 02:18:29 PM »

Really Billy.  Chris was OUTSTANDING.  His is a terrible loss.  We are ALL the poorer for it. Sad

I'm in almost the same position as Billy I'm afraid - while I'd heard the name I've not checked out the music. But, as Debbie suggests, here's inspiration to do just that. Also sorry to hear about this, especially someone who brought more harmony to the world.

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx