gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680774 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 02:41:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: interesting article: "Mike Love states his case"  (Read 106675 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »

... Am I the only one who didn't think it was out of line that Mike was actually responding to comments in the press regarding Brian's new album?

I've definitely seen some reviews that had little digs about Mike or the reunion fallout ... a quick Google search comes up with several examples on the first page:

"... This is the Beach Boys song that should have come next, before the latest in a series of mishaps involving Mike Love wrecked everything again after their celebrated reunion for 2012’s That’s Why God Made the Radio album and tour."

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2015/02/19/brian-wilson-the-right-time-review/

--

"... Wilson saw an opportunity to finally become hip with his kids and recruited some amazing young vocalists who have been inspired by his music.” (Ed. Note: It probably didn’t help that Wilson and Mike Love had a public fallout in 2013.)"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/01/brian-wilson-announces-no-pier-pressure-his-star-studded-new-solo-album/

--

"... The first meaning I readily see is that Brian Wilson’s album, No Pier Pressure means “No peer pressure” from his cousin Mike Love or Bruce Johnston."

http://musicofourheart.me/2015/02/21/no-pier-pressure-brian-wilson/

--

... even from Rolling Stone:

"... Wilson channeled his disappointment at bandmate Mike Love's decision to cancel a 2012 reunion tour into tracks like 'Last Song' ..."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/2015-preview-68-reasons-to-love-this-year-20150105/brian-wilson-no-pier-pressure-spring-20150105

Maybe it is press comments like this that are irking David Beard for some reason. But he and/or Mike seem to have conflated these media comments (none of which they specifically cite) with the press release for Brian's new album (which IS directly cited). That is indeed unfair and illogical. To say nothing of the fact that I don't think any of these quick side comments in a few articles/reviews are particularly inflammatory towards Mike Love.

As for those press comments, I suppose "wrecked" is arguably hyperbolic, and the interpretation of "No Pier Pressure" is, well, open to interpretation. But the other comments seem accurate to me. I'd say not working together and trading LA Times editorials could be characterized as a "falling out" of some sort.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

"Listen, I wish my cousin in all of his professional endeavors the best...however, I had nothing to do with his album or the circumstances of his album. I have known my cousin since childhood, besides being musically gifted, my Cousin is a kind, and gentle spirit without a bitter bone in his body. The tone of this press release seems bitter of which is not consistent with the Brian Wilson vibe…so I know this did not come from Brian. When Brian is ready...I'm ready!"

The other problem I see with this statement of Mike's, is that it shows Mike presumably is in full belief the idea that Brian doesn't have a bitter bone in his body and doesn't carry grudges/resentment, etc. While Brian is (much) more outwardly classy about not *directly* talking smack about people who Brian feels have acted particularly sh*tty to him, Brian is human like the rest of us. I'm sure Brian feels bitter on some internal level about many, many of Mike's actions over the years. MANY.

It almost makes me think that Mike's decades of questionable actions towards his sensitive cousin (showing Mike seemingly acting as though Brian is *not* a particularly sensitive person, that he's just a regular guy and can "take it" with no problem) are due to Mike's belief that nothing Mike has done (or could do) has actually effected Brian in a deeply negative way. Because, of course, Brian isn't ever bitter. Riiiight. In other words, I think it's an ostrich-with-his-head-in-the-sand type comment, that helps to further absolve Mike from any wrongdoings of his own.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:21:07 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »

My monitor must be on the fritz because people can read a lot more in these quotes then they say or I can see. He is "negative" about Brian's supposed PR writer at most in the quote I see. He is very complimentary towards Brian in what I read.

I'd say, conversely, it might be that one can conveniently overlook clear implications. That "NPP" press release was sent out *all over the place.* Mike is implying someone is writing that stuff against Brian's wishes/nature, which implies Brian is NOT in control of things like these press releases. At *best*, that is a professional affront to someone. At worst, it is another reference to the well-known and often-cited "people around Brian" implication we've been hearing for ages. There is evidence at hand that these implications, presently, are untrue and perhaps hurtful to Brian. Much more hurtful potentially to Brian than Brian simply saying  that he's bummed he couldn't do another BB album.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »

"Listen, I wish my cousin in all of his professional endeavors the best...however, I had nothing to do with his album or the circumstances of his album. I have known my cousin since childhood, besides being musically gifted, my Cousin is a kind, and gentle spirit without a bitter bone in his body. The tone of this press release seems bitter of which is not consistent with the Brian Wilson vibe…so I know this did not come from Brian. When Brian is ready...I'm ready!"

The other problem I see with this statement of Mike's, is that it shows Mike presumably is in full belief the idea that Brian doesn't have a bitter bone in his body and doesn't carry grudges/resentment, etc. While Brian is (much) more outwardly classy about not *directly* talking smack about people who Brian feels have acted particularly sh*tty to him, Brian is human like the rest of us. I'm sure Brian feels bitter on some internal level about many, many of Mike's actions over the years. MANY.

It almost makes me think that Mike's decades of questionable actions towards his sensitive cousin (showing Mike seemingly acting as though Brian is *not* a particularly sensitive person, that he's just a regular guy and can "take it" with no problem) are due to Mike's belief that nothing Mike has done (or could do) has actually effected Brian in a deeply negative way. Because, of course, the guy isn't ever bitter. In other words, I think it's an ostrich-with-his-head-in-the-sand type comment, that helps to further absolve Mike from any wrongdoings of his own.

Interesting insights. There might be something to this.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2015, 11:23:27 AM »

Cam Mott is the Baghdad Bob of SS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2015, 11:29:16 AM »

You mean something negative like this?

The comment implies that Brian is being controlled/manipulated and/or someone is speaking FOR him but AGAINST his wishes/nature. Frankly, I'm sure many people would find that sort of rhetoric *MORE* offensive than just being called an a-hole or something.

When a list of "positive attributes" is seemingly ALWAYS followed by some sort of qualifier, then yeah, it rightfully falls into the "negative" category.

I mean, when Brian says in interviews that Mike wrote great lyrics, does he always follow it up with "but he kind of stopped writing good lyrics after about 1966"? When he says he likes Al's voice on "Then I Kissed Her", does he follow it up with "but he was kind of an asshat this other time."

That sort of speaking pattern happens with some people. One might ask "What did you think about Dennis as a songwriter", and the response might start with some positive comments but will often HAVE to veer into saying "but he had drug and alcohol problems." This is sort of like psychology exercise stuff. "Say something positive about the other person WITHOUT using qualifiers like "but"....)

My monitor must be on the fritz because people can read a lot more in these quotes then they say or I can see. He is "negative" about Brian's supposed PR writer at most in the quote I see. He is very complimentary towards Brian in what I read.

People read into it these statements because of Mike's previous comments about supposed handlers or "controllers" ("Brian is controlled and still medicated. It used to be the indiscriminate use of street drugs, but now it’s prescribed drugs. He speaks very highly of me and I have no issues. If just he and I could speak alone it would be great, but Brian is controlled." - yet another classy and tactful statement from the guru of peace and harmony). And as HeyJude said above, the fact that he implies Brian isn't in control of press releases could be his way of bringing up this "handlers" crap we've heard from him before)

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »

People read into it these statements because of Mike's previous comments about supposed handlers or "controllers" ("Brian is controlled and still medicated. It used to be the indiscriminate use of street drugs, but now it’s prescribed drugs. He speaks very highly of me and I have no issues. If just he and I could speak alone it would be great, but Brian is controlled." - yet another classy and tactful statement from the guru of peace and harmony). And as HeyJude said above, the fact that he implies Brian isn't in control of press releases could be his way of bringing up this "handlers" crap we've heard from him before)

And that interview where he used the phrase "still medicated" and compared Brian's current situation (of which I would presume Mike is not specifically aware) to "indiscriminate" drug use was one that even some staunch Mike Love defenders would agree is something Mike should have/could have offered an apology/clarification for.

One of the only times I've seen anything approaching a clarification/apology recently was when a comment was made that Al's website had negative comments about Mike. That had to be retracted, as the comments were on other social media sites (not to mention Mike's *own* Facebook page had negative stuff about him as I recall), and not Al's actual website.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:36:49 AM by HeyJude » Logged

Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2015, 12:41:40 PM »

I know a lot of thought went into those records but the "art" had already been created decades ago. Same with BWPS. Straight covers no, but giving Disney and Gershwin the Pet Sounds treatment is far from the avant-garde genius people like to pretend is what happens every time Brian walks into a recording studio.

not true. two songs from Gershwin were brand-new "collaborations" and that was a pretty big deal.
same with BWPS. new lyrics were written and several songs were finally completed, not to mention the whole project was finally given cohesion and released! f*cking SMiLE!!! 37 YEARS LATER!!!!! but you're right. no big deal.

My beef is that these people that can't stand Mike Love are incapable of keeping their gripes relevant to certain things Mike does. It always goes back to this crap about money, greed, he killed Smile, ect. and it's a false charge. It's a tiresome charge. And it's why guys like Pinder or myself are compelled to call it for the crap it is.

these people? I'm assuming that includes me, though I never used the word greed. I actually think he is more greedy of the spotlight and the recognition than the money. I also never said Mike killed SMiLE. so I guess I can call some crap too.

Carl and Al were there for Summer in Paradise and all of those late 80's 90's concerts that chugged along with cheerleaders onstage too. No one ever seems to remember that while Brian was either at home doing nothing or being brainwashed by Landy the rest of the BOYS were all about business as usual ..... not just Mike.

Carl and Al were there, it's true but it's pretty obvious who was steering the ship in the late 80s or so. Carl is gone now and Al has regained his integrity, but Mike and Bruce keep chugging on.

your statement about Brian being "home doing nothing" is rather cruel and uncalled for. or were you peeking in his windows?

Furthermore, I never liked that Mike went on as the Beach Boys after Carl died but THAT IS WHAT MIKE AND BRIAN AGREED TO like it or not. Years later the unlikely C50 was a dream come true and TWGMTR a huge bonus.  To have expected more beyond that was foolish given the history of this band, these individuals, and their management.

I never liked it either. at least we agree on something.
Mike and Brian may have agreed to Mike continuing as the Beach Boys after Carl's passing, but that obviously changed when C50 happened. BRIAN DID NOT AGREE with the way things ended. like it or not

and I think most everyone would have expected a follow-up to TWGMTR, considering it got great reviews and was their highest-charting album of all-time.

Good god your responses are ridiculous.  Re-read it yourself. A lot of but, not really, and I never said.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2015, 12:47:38 PM »

if you're going to call people out on saying certain things, make sure those things were actually said, sir.

and your statement that "Brian was either at home doing nothing or being brainwashed by Landy" was not only ridiculous, but cruel and flippant. below the belt even.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:50:56 PM by bossaroo » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »

Burn? Burn what?

Hehe Micha   LOL   Definition:

An exclamatory response, generally used by a third party after someone has just received an insult.   Cool Guy

Thank you, beautiful lady without an avatar! Smiley (Sorry for the late response)

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2015, 12:56:46 PM »

AGD, Cam Mott, Pinder, Paul JB, and others are the great wall of kokomo. Mike can do no wrong with them despite shitting on the BBs name everytime he uses it in M&B.

If you actually ever read a post on this board as opposed to trolling what thread would be an opportunity to jump in and take a jab at Mike, you would know I think Mike can and has done plenty of dumb things. I challenge the moderators to calculate the posts that you contribute to that have nothing to do with bashing Mike in comparison to the ones where you dig at Mike. It is blatant and TROLLING.

You hate Mike and we know that. Is it possible that you can now shut the hell up about it or do we need to be reminded by you day after day after day on this site?

I don't hate Mike. He might have flaws but we all do. He is Brian's cousin and a huge part of my favorite band ever.  You clowns that claim to be Beach Boys fans but bitch about Mike Love NON-STOP and are annoyed by songs like I Get Around really are a joke. Get a life...get a new band....or get help.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2015, 12:58:52 PM »

Carl and Al were there for Summer in Paradise and all of those late 80's 90's concerts that chugged along with cheerleaders onstage too. No one ever seems to remember that while Brian was either at home doing nothing or being brainwashed by Landy the rest of the BOYS were all about business as usual ..... not just Mike.

Actually, according to all involved, Al *wasn't* there for the majority of "Summer in Paradise", having been either "suspended" or just not invited or choosing to stay away.

Al was also rather infamously against the cheerleaders on stage. He even years later said he got in "trouble" for having complained about the cheerleaders in an article back in the 90s.

These little tidbits are likely small parts of the story behind why Al is no longer in the touring band.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:05:38 PM by HeyJude » Logged

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »

You clowns that claim to be Beach Boys fans but bitch about Mike Love NON-STOP and are annoyed by songs like I Get Around really are a joke. Get a life...get a new band....or get help.

I don't think I've *ever* run into even the most blatantly anti-Mike person possible who said they disliked the song "I Get Around."

I've seen some people here pegged as "anti-Mike" who have literally celebrated and praised Mike's lyrics.

Mike's actual musical and lyrical sensibilities have nothing to do with the current article being discussed. Mike *could* make some cogent points about C50. Ideally, I think most of us would have liked to see some true Wilson/Love compositions. I'd love to hear even one, just to see how one of those "in a room alone" songs would actually sound.

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »

You clowns that claim to be Beach Boys fans but bitch about Mike Love NON-STOP and are annoyed by songs like I Get Around really are a joke. Get a life...get a new band....or get help.

you clowns... these people...
who the f*ck are you referring to?

has anyone claimed to HATE Mike Love? who is annoyed by I Get Around? who really needs help?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2015, 01:18:16 PM »

I've seen some people here pegged as "anti-Mike" who have literally celebrated and praised Mike's lyrics.

I'm sure even OSD would raise a glass to Mike's talent back in the mid-60s.

And, Paul J B, if Mike didn't constantly give us a plethora of material to bitch about, many people here wouldn't be so irate about him. But instead, Mike seems to have a never ending supply of negative comments about his cousin ("Brian is controlled"), or about his music (life suite)...and now he takes cheap shots at Joe Thomas, and then makes some crack about autotune. It shouldn't be any mystery as to why people express such dire opinions about the man.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2015, 01:18:55 PM »

I don't think I've *ever* run into even the most blatantly anti-Mike person possible who said they disliked the song "I Get Around."

Mike's actual musical and lyrical sensibilities have nothing to do with the current article being discussed. Mike *could* make some cogent points about C50. Ideally, I think most of us would have liked to see some true Wilson/Love compositions. I'd love to hear even one, just to see how one of those "in a room alone" songs would actually sound.

IGA was just mentioned in the annoying songs thread a few days ago. As well as several other early classics.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2015, 01:24:52 PM »

you claim to be a Beach Boy fan but you spout sh!t like this:

Brian was either at home doing nothing or being brainwashed by Landy

seriously, you are the one who should get help
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »

I wonder if some of these kids are Stones fans. I would advise against it!!!! Don't read Keith's book!!! .... But alas, all the other rock stars in history are free to be complete bastards to each other but you're endiessly butt-hurt by some vague Mike comments because it suits a fairy tale you get down on your knees for in the church of Brian ... Ya all need to have Dennis take you out on the town for a couple nights .... That might open your eyes a bit ... Hell, I'd go as far as to suggest some of these folks don't even really like BRIAN!!! They like the story is all .... Good guy/bad guy mythology is powerful stuff
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »

IGA was just mentioned in the annoying songs thread a few days ago. As well as several other early classics.

Well, gosh, it's almost as if each and every member here has different tastes from one another. I find it odd that a fan would think IGA is annoying, but to call them a joke because of this? I'm not sure these are the people who need to find a life Roll Eyes

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »

I'm sure even OSD would raise a glass to Mike's talent back in the mid-60s.

And, Paul J B, if Mike didn't constantly give us a plethora of material to bitch about, many people here wouldn't be so irate about him. But instead, Mike seems to have a never ending supply of negative comments about his cousin ("Brian is controlled"), or about his music (life suite)...and now he takes cheap shots at Joe Thomas, and then makes some crack about autotune. It shouldn't be any mystery as to why people express such dire opinions about the man.
Yet, we bitch about autotune constantly in here, even when it isn't present. If Mike listened to how he sucked the life right out of the Live album, I can certainly understand his concern with his work. I am no fan of Joe's work on the whole.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »

Was Joe Thomas responsible for the voice processing on Pisces Brothers and Cool Head, Warm Heart?

...and who are these folks that find I Get Around annoying? I just get itchy about Barbara Ann and am not keen on Little Deuce Coupe, really. Hopefully that's permissible in polite society.

Problem with Mike Love seems to be, he's a poor leader. He's not a team player. The BBs functioned better with Brian initially calling the shots or Carl on the road later as leader. They didn't quite cause so much resentment. Mike just treats people like employees or dirt and doesn't seem to have many friends. You find so many people speaking in such technicolor terms about Carl, about what a good friend he was, do people say that about Mike? He knew how to handle people, how to be tactful and diplomatic about difficult decisions. Mike doesn't seem to.

If he understood how to work with people instead of bossing them around and needing to be in control, he would've had a fairer time of it in the press and with fans. Or at least be helluva lot more sympathetic. The only people who like this grim side of Mike are contrarians, cementheads, glue-sniffers, and Young Republicans.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:36:45 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2015, 01:41:40 PM »

I wonder if some of these kids are Stones fans. I would advise against it!!!! Don't read Keith's book!!! .... But alas, all the other rock stars in history are free to be complete bastards to each other but you're endiessly butt-hurt by some vague Mike comments because it suits a fairy tale you get down on your knees for in the church of Brian ... Ya all need to have Dennis take you out on the town for a couple nights .... That might open your eyes a bit ... Hell, I'd go as far as to suggest some of these folks don't even really like BRIAN!!! They like the story is all .... Good guy/bad guy mythology is powerful stuff

last time I checked, Mick and Keith were still able to continue touring and recording together. I mean could you imagine just Mick or just Keith going out as The Rolling Stones? no one would take it seriously! but we're supposed to be fine with the current situation of Mike Love touring as The Beach Boys, even when Brian and Al have both stated publicly that they would like to be included from this point on.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »

Good guy/bad guy mythology is powerful stuff

Indeed. One of the most powerful, unacknowledged factors in BB history. Many want to have a simple tale of good and evil, of a genius's resurrection, of a villain's just desserts.

I am an unapologetic Brian fan, but to ignore these things is to lose crucial perspective.
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »

if you're going to call people out on saying certain things, make sure those things were actually said, sir.

and your statement that "Brian was either at home doing nothing or being brainwashed by Landy" was not only ridiculous, but cruel and flippant. below the belt even.

Cruel and flippant? Give me a break. Your trying to start something that is not there because your logic fails. Brian was out of the picture and Carl and Alan were right there with Mike business as usual. You know damn well what I meant and your response was lame. Being a huge Beach Boy fan I'm a huge Brian fan. I've seen him live 5 times and the Beach Boys 20. And for the record, not one of the 20 Beach Boys shows I've seen was the Mike and Bruce version. Not one. I'm looking forward to NPP and especially the film.

When it comes to the Beach Boys I pride myself on keeping it in perspective. A really great band that has been great to be a huge fan of. I can reach for Sunflower, All Summer Long, or In Concert and will love them as much now as I did in the past till I'm gone.

What do guys like you pride yourself on concerning the Beach Boys?  Bitching about Mike Love? Thinking you know more about their personal lives and dealings than anyone should give a crap about?

Like I told Smile Brian ....it is sooooo old. But like OSD some people just won't quit.

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »

last time I checked, Mick and Keith were still able to continue touring and recording together. I mean could you imagine just Mick or just Keith going out as The Rolling Stones? no one would take it seriously! but we're supposed to be fine with the current situation of Mike Love touring as The Beach Boys, even when Brian and Al have both stated publicly that they would like to be included from this point on.

Stones also stayed a tight and loyal (to each other and the cause)  performing entity right from the beginning .... The Beach Boys did not ... You gonna blame Mike for that?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx