gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:01:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love "Vibe Room" Q&A  (Read 55646 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2015, 04:56:22 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2015, 06:12:27 AM »

"A little peek behind the scenes with Wink Martindale today answering your questions...stay tuned. ML"

"You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop, the Vibe Room."

Good one!

Nevertheless, A LOT of effort seems to have gone into putting this together. Kudos to Mike. And it's true... He could have had Jacquie or Ambha type for him. And yet he's answering verbally. Good for him.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:14:02 AM by Challenger Putney » Logged

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2015, 06:48:44 AM »

Mike's filthy rich. He seems to be having fun with all this, so it's good for everyone. Except for those who hate him.

With all the effort he's putting into this, there is a palpable chance that he'll pick up some interesting questions to answer. Like mine.  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:51:26 AM by Dancing Bear » Logged

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2015, 06:49:16 AM »

[...] And it's true... He could have had Jacquie or Ambha type for him. And yet he's answering verbally. Good for him.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »

"A little peek behind the scenes with Wink Martindale today answering your questions...stay tuned. ML"

"You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop, the Vibe Room."
Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
relx
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2015, 07:01:03 AM »

I don't know which looks more natural in the photo--Mike's hat, or Wink's hair?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2015, 07:08:52 AM »

If only we could find out the answer verbally.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:52 AM »

I bet that after all these overblown shenanigans we still won't know what Mike's favourite pizza is! But who knows what kind of interesting tidbits might be spilled.. Maybe Mike has a movie coming out next year. Grin

All jokes aside though, I'm psyched to see this. Mike never fails to entertain.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2015, 07:46:25 AM »

Stupid hair color IMHO, but each his own. I appreciate Mike doesn't dye his hair, even though he doesn't need a lot of tinting lotion... Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2015, 08:01:22 AM »

I suppose Wink is a radio legend from the band's heyday.  I should actually hear it before jumping to conclusions.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2015, 10:47:15 AM »

Not that it matters, but when did the goatee come back? I was just thinking the other day that he looks better with one.

Yes, I actually sat for a moment and contemplated Mike's facial hair.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2015, 10:48:49 AM »

This has to be the goofiest thing I have ever seen. Maybe there's a long game being played here and this is part of a DVD or something. But if not, having Wink Martindale (who?!) and this huge camera set up shows that Mike is seriously in la-la land. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I find it hilarious he's probably wasted money on a camera crew and that old man and all this for a "Q and A" that probably will reach 37 people.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »

But so what? Yeah, barring some controversy for the wider music press to hone in on it'll probably only be diehards who watch it, but hey Mike has the money and I doubt he's unaware of the fact that this is basically going to be something for the obsessives to chew over.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2015, 11:26:36 AM »

I suppose Wink is a radio legend from the band's heyday.  I should actually hear it before jumping to conclusions.

Not to mention the BBs played on his TV show  April 28, 1962   - The Wink Martindale Dance Party (local TV);  be nice for someone to ask Wink if he has tape of the show saved somewhere...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »

Wink Martindale, apart from being a DJ and presenter, had a hit with "Deck of cards". Long career, he knows the background to what he is dealing with
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »

Also, it's said that when the full moon is out... he assumes the form of a monstrous jackal-faced fiend and drips green bile all over the carpet. Hope Mike didn't have him stay over that night, that rug really ties the room together.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2015, 12:08:14 PM »

Wink Martindale, apart from being a DJ and presenter, had a hit with "Deck of cards". Long career, he knows the background to what he is dealing with

He's also THE penultimate game show host. Kinda like Brucie in the UK.

Fun fact, I won a contest from Wink on Facebook and the prize was him recording a voicemail message for my cell. One of my favorite possesions.
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »

Wink Martindale was there from the very beginning of rock and roll. As others have pointed out, if you're an "early days of R'n'R" buff, having Wink do the Q&A is actually pretty awesome. Here he is interviewing Elvis back in 1956:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LBKg3P4iI
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2015, 04:46:35 PM »

Fun fact, I won a contest from Wink on Facebook and the prize was him recording a voicemail message for my cell. One of my favorite possesions.

I hope you don't mind me saying, "Penultimate" means second to last.

Please delete my account
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2015, 05:01:38 PM »

Not to mention the BBs played on his TV show  April 28, 1962   - The Wink Martindale Dance Party (local TV);  be nice for someone to ask Wink if he has tape of the show saved somewhere...

His Wiki bio says he has a Youtube channel.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »

I hope you don't mind me saying, "Penultimate" means second to last.

Yup, I'd go with 'quintessential'
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2015, 06:09:59 PM »

His Wiki bio says he has a Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WinkMartindaleGames
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2015, 07:07:40 PM »

Also, it's said that when the full moon is out... he assumes the form of a monstrous jackal-faced fiend and drips green bile all over the carpet. Hope Mike didn't have him stay over that night, that rug really ties the room together.

The rug under Wink's feet...or on his head?.......
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2015, 07:27:15 PM »

These guys go out of their way to take time to do something nice for the fans and all you can do it poke fun.  You stay classy, San Diego.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2015, 03:05:54 AM »

Oh, I'm super glad and appreciative Mike Love is doing this! We're all going to have a LOT of fun with this,  whether it involves poking or otherwise. It was just... incredibly surreal clicking on this thread and seeing those pics... "Wait... Wink Martindale? Why?" then zooming closer to examine their expressions. I thought I was still asleep or something. Maybe it was undercooked potato, a spot of bad mustard...

He should continue doing these and take opportunities to rant about whatever gets his goat that week, from his beautifully rugged undisclosed location... call it "Live from the Vibe Room." Teach us all about TM, assiduously avoid mentioning Al Jardine, invite special guests who you thought were long dead... it'd be a streaming video treat! Maybe Foskett could be his Ed McMahon or something.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:49:06 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx