gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:59:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: June Fairchild RIP  (Read 1696 times)
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:33:31 AM »

June Fairchild has passed away. Another one from the LAX Airport photo gone.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/june-fairchild-up-in-smoke-dies-111478503802.html

Here she is in a short scene from The Monkees TV Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Lsj__PH0c
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:44:33 AM by Tricycle Rider » Logged

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »

Terrible how her life simply unravelled. Rest in peace, Ms Fairchild. 

Here second from left (with thanks to guitarfool2002).

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 05:38:34 AM »

Terrible how her life simply unravelled. Rest in peace, Ms Fairchild. 

Here second from left (with thanks to guitarfool2002).

It is, isn't it.
Looking at that LAX Airport photo, I just noticed that of the first 8 people in line, 4 of them aren't with us in that form anymore.
In some ways, I wish time would have stood still in 1966.

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:53:19 AM »

RIP June, I'll repeat what I said a few years ago on this board, I think she was one of the most beautiful women from the 1960's scene. Beyond the obvious, it's always tough to lose an actual part of the history we're all interested in, an eyewitness firsthand participant in events we're always trying to learn more about. It is a shame, but what an amazing period of time and group of creative people to have been involved with in 1966-67.

It's a shame we never heard more from her about Brian and the Pet Sounds/Smile scene, as she was Danny Hutton's girlfriend at that time besides being an actress.

Here is a post from a few years ago showing June and Danny at the Good Vibrations session filmed at Columbia, a clipped version of the airport photo, and a still of June with Micky and Mike from the Monkees' film Head in 1968.

Danny Hutton and his girlfriend at the time June Fairchild are sitting on that couch in front of the board.

The same Danny and June as seen in this one at the airport:

And the same June as seen here ( Wink):

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx