gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 04:48:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just to Bump This In Case People Don't Know About It  (Read 5790 times)
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:03:27 AM »

http://youtu.be/hTkM3uqWctg

The lyric video for "Right Time," with Brian looking engaged, peaceful, and in his element on a really nice song.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:20:12 AM »

Looks like Jim Keltner on drums, and is that Don Was on bass and behind the mixing board? Or Rob Wasserman? Scott Bennett on piano and vocal and it looks like Bob Lizik also on bass?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:38:03 AM »

Seriously looks like that the only place on earth where Brian feels 100% at home is at the studio. 
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »

Love it love it love it.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:04:46 AM »

Like the song, love the video - the constant 'Ok' symbols from Brian make me smile.

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 11:05:39 AM »

Great!
But I think it needs more of Brian giving the ok sign!

Grin

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »

Don Was playing the white P-Bass.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 11:33:01 AM »

Scotty is on Hammond, I believe, not piano.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 11:42:24 AM »

There's more to this than meets the ear. Deceptively simplistic & repetitive. Most delightful.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »

Thanks for the link.  I especially love the shots of Brian and Al together, and of Brian doing his "bom bom"s.  
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »

This song grows on you, I've found myself singing that chorus melody at random times these last few days! Great hook.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »

This song grows on you, I've found myself singing that chorus melody at random times these last few days! Great hook.  Smiley

I agree, and just like you I've been singing the song at random times throughout the day. It's a grower!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

I have only played the song once. Last night I heard my son singing the chorus while he was playing xbox.  LOL
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 12:32:19 PM »

Brian looks damn great in this!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »

Scotty is on Hammond, I believe, not piano.

'Scuuuuse me!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 12:57:26 PM »

It's currently #94 on the Uk ITunes rock chart.  Nowhere to be found in the US. 
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 01:07:28 PM »

Personally, I'm more excited about the deep cuts that will be on the album. His featured songs like this and That's Why God Made the Radio are so so to me, but the last three tracks on TWGMTR are fantastic. And it sounds like he has been inspired the last.few years so I am excited to hear the whole album!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:39 PM »

Seriously looks like that the only place on earth where Brian feels 100% at home is at the studio. 

Going back...when Brian and George Martin were sitting in the LA studio and George was tinkerin' with the pots and talkin' with Brian about Carl and God Only Knows.  Brian was totally at ease...and then suddenly at the end of the clip he blurted out something like "Geez George...that's IT.  That's even better than my final mix!!!"  Natural.

When he doesn't feel like he's swimming in a fish bowl Brian is Brian.  When he sees or senses noses up against the glass?!?!?!?  He gets VERY uncomfortable.  Even just walking from point A to point B...let alone being the lone or, at least, the ultra primary focus of attention on stage. Shocked

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 02:14:41 PM »

Going back...when Brian and George Martin were sitting in the LA studio and George was tinkerin' with the pots and talkin' with Brian about Carl and God Only Knows.  Brian was totally at ease...and then suddenly at the end of the clip he blurted out something like "Geez George...that's IT.  That's even better than my final mix!!!"  Natural.

When he doesn't feel like he's swimming in a fish bowl Brian is Brian.  When he sees or senses noses up against the glass?!?!?!?  He gets VERY uncomfortable.  Even just walking from point A to point B...let alone being the lone or, at least, the ultra primary focus of attention on stage. Shocked

Well said, Add Some...May I ask, would anyone here feel comfortable with everyone not only staring at you, but analyzing and making judgments about your every move - essentially based on stuff they've read, either accurate or not (mostly not)?  Christ, I'd retire to a Greek island and forage for food rather than deal with that...and the guy keeps giving anyway and going onstage because it's what he does.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:20:16 PM by Debbie Keil-Leavitt » Logged
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 03:30:33 PM »

It's currently #94 on the Uk ITunes rock chart.  Nowhere to be found in the US. 

Aaaaand it's gone. 
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2015/02/brian-wilson-debuts-right-time-featuring-al-jardine-david-marks/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=brian-wilson-debuts-right-time-featuring-al-jardine-david-marks
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »

Capital Records has a Brian Wilson page up that has a small burb about the new album and a link to watch the video (click on the photo of Brian from TLOS picture shoot):

http://www.capitolrecords.com/ 

Too bad it links to the BBC video for the new God Only Knows, and not for The Right Time or the new NPP video.   Angry
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »

And then there's Rolling Stone....   http://tinyurl.com/m8zfnwx

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 06:15:10 PM »

And then there's Rolling Stone....   http://tinyurl.com/m8zfnwx

Thanks!
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 06:42:07 PM »

Like the last BB album I find it difficult to get past the sugary production. That said it's an insanely catchy song.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx