gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 10:09:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you could get Brian Wilson to cover ANY song...  (Read 6226 times)
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »

Atomic Dog

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 07:30:25 PM »

goshdarn, that would be fun. Imagine his hand gestures!

He'd do an excellent "Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah"
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »

The Great Beyond by REM

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »

Imagine Brian Wilson and his merry band of musicians covering "Sunday Will Never Be The Same" by Spanky & Our Gang.  Holy sh*t!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqw1MGEHKNE

It's old enough too that he'd be into it... and he has the ability to sing the lead pretty like that, and it's got enough harmony stuff going on that he could fiddle with it and make it awesome.

If you listen you can kind of hear him singing, uncredited in the back of the chorus. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:04:09 PM by Ron » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 08:09:29 PM »

Another awesome one would be the 5th Dimension's "Black Patch"... which has some incredible harmony stuff, I'd like to hear Brian try some stuff like that acapella again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iCAXqa4l_8

It'd be cool to hear if he could re-imagine the entire song, but maybe keep that awesome melody that Marilyn McCoo sings.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »

He should have put a Spector-with-gooey-synths version of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" on the Disney album!
Wow, I forgot about that 1. Uncle Remus sang it in "Song of the South". I would do w/o Spector, tho, but yeah, I can picture Brian & Co. performing this choon.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 09:15:42 PM »

"Surf City" and "Surf route 101" by Jan and Dean... and "I love La" from Randy Newman
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 03:35:00 AM »

Neil Young's "Change Your Mind" but with instead of an eight minute guitar solo there would be an eight minute "Shortenin' Bread" jam.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »

Neil Young's "Change Your Mind" but with instead of an eight minute guitar solo there would be an eight minute "Shortenin' Bread" jam.

I like the idea of that!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 07:34:13 PM »

In honor of the release of No Pier Pressure, Brian should cover 'Bye Bye Love' by the Everly Brothers Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 08:16:50 PM »

In honor of the release of No Pier Pressure, Brian should cover 'Bye Bye Love' by the Everly Brothers Grin
Thumbs Up-Good riddance.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 12:26:15 AM »

Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over".

Good one!

A few that come to mind:

Warm Sounds - Birds and Bees
Van Dyke Parks - Clang of the Yankee Reaper
The Yellow Balloon - Stained Glass Window
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale
The Alan Parsons Project - Old and Wise
Tim Hardin - How Can We Hang On To a Dream
America - Ventura Highway
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 12:27:31 AM »

Wild World by Cat Stevens

YES!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »

I don't want Brian to waste even 1 second singing anyone else's songs but his own.  Haven't we had enough Beach Boys-related covers to cover the whole 9 already?

No...I want Brian to sing Brian Wilson songs that haven't even been written yet.  I want Brian and HIS FRIENDS to sing the new songs I want him to write with Tony Asher.  You know...Pet Sounds Tony Asher...the collaborator who provided the lyrics to the most highly acclaimed album Brian was ever connected with.

I want them to do another album.  Why haven't they already?  Geez  THAT kind of success...and no meaningful and worthy encore?

THAT was THE album about entering adulthood.  The timing in 1966 was perfect.  How about an album now about winding life down?  Pretty timely.  Who else has done it?  Yet all fans and babyboomers can sure as heck relate.  It'd be HUGE.

Now THAT would make for a great LAST Beach Boys/Brian Wilson album.  A look back at life.  Hills climbed.  Oportunities missed.  A view of accomplishments...failures...realized hopes and bucket-lists.  An album about a look back at life...lived.  THAT'S what I want Brian Wilson to 'cover'...for himself, for Tony ...and for us. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »

I want him to cover "Stagger Lee" by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »

You're Breaking My Heart - Harry Nilsson

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »

You're Breaking My Heart - Harry Nilsson

F. U. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »

Obscenity for a good cause! A Wilson Schmilsson EP for charity...
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »

Closer by Nine Inch Nails.

I just can't picture Brian singing "I want to f*** you like an animal".  LOL LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 04:06:51 PM »

Lionel Richie's Hello
FFS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 04:26:59 PM »

Where Is My Mind by The Pixies.......Totally unlikely but an ace leftfield choice for our Mozart. Plus I'd love to hear what melodies he or Darian could cook up for this.

Perfect,  just one more.....
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx