gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:25:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Preview No Pier Pressure On Google Play!  (Read 75521 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2015, 05:03:46 PM »

I think the next single we'll see is "On the Island", mainly because they've already made a music video for it. Although, while Zooey Deschanel is a popular actress, she doesn't exactly burn up the charts sales-wise. So, maybe they'll go with something else.

If they do more than 2 singles I'd bet that 'On The Island' would be the next single - then towards the album release we'll get Nate's song as a single to help boost sales of the record.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2015, 06:32:49 PM »

Ok so we have current popular artists like Nate Ruess and Zooey Deschanel appearing on the album yet the first single is one that doesn't have them on it. Makes sense...
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »

Can someone remind me which song Musgraves is on?

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2015, 08:04:59 PM »

Can someone remind me which song Musgraves is on?
Guess You Had to Be There
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:13 PM »

Which sounds like it's going to be my favorite song

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:07 PM »

Ok so we have current popular artists like Nate Ruess and Zooey Deschanel appearing on the album yet the first single is one that doesn't have them on it. Makes sense...
Huh??? Huh  Really?  Have a nap.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 21, 2015, 12:30:47 AM »

They obviously want lots of album pre-orders, but some idiots like me will buy the one download right now and then still buy the whole album on CD as well.

Hey! Who you calling an idiot!!!!!!!? LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2015, 12:36:05 AM »

Been listening to samples and the two pre-released tracks and some of BWs other recent collab/backing vocal stuff and have to say I really like the Emile Haney (sp?) and MiniMansions tracks… I'm not hearing that degree of contemporariness in the NPP stuff … yet.

I know that's maybe not Brian's bag but I found it works really well, even if his role has been restricted to singing and arranging backing vocals on others' compositions.

“We live in divisive times.”
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2015, 02:45:49 AM »

I really want to hear Don't Worry in its entirety.  Smokin
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 21, 2015, 03:12:18 AM »

A naive question maybe, but where can I hear a sample of it and the rest (in Europe)?

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2015, 03:15:57 AM »

A naive question maybe, but where can I hear a sample of it and the rest (in Europe)?

soundcloud.com/reggiedunbar/brian-wilson-no-pier-pressure-previews

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 21, 2015, 03:23:17 AM »

soundcloud.com/reggiedunbar/brian-wilson-no-pier-pressure-previews

Thank you, Mr Frog! :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2015, 03:43:59 AM »

It will easily chart in the top 10...

Given the right promotion and the right single choices top 5 is possible.

I admire your optimism but........

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2015, 05:43:45 AM »

Huh??? Huh  Really?  Have a nap.

Ummm ooookayyy thanx...
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 22, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »

Obviously it's hard to tell the content of a song just based on these little samples but regarding "What Ever Happened?"...I sense a bit of a kinship with "When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)" except the stations in life have been reversed.  "When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)" is about the uncertainty of permanence, more specifically if what is true for someone in their youth will continue to remain so throughout adulthood ("Will I love my wife for the rest of my life?").  Now in "What Ever Happened?" you have the singer singing about "What ever happened to my favorite places, nothings where it used to be, what ever happened?  what's going to happen to me?"  The singer in "What Ever Happened?" clearly makes note that his favorite places are no longer there or at least where they used to be and begins to doubt his own future going forward.  In essence the singer in "What Ever Happened?" answers the questions poised by the young man in "When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)" in that nothing is permanent, everything changes and some things forever fade away.

The last bit of lyric of "What Ever Happened?" that we have available to us is also interesting: "When I wake up in the morning, if I see that you're not there".  It's very similar to the dilemma facing the protagonist in "Strange World" who clearly feels out of sorts with his environment or how his environment has changed but notes that he "can't imagine how life would be if you were not here with me".  It's interesting that in "Strange World", it's the protagonist's romantic relationship that makes his life bearable...well what if that relationship was called into question, how would that affect his outlook on the world?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:27:38 PM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2015, 06:43:59 PM »

Ummm ooookayyy thanx...

Ya... I know.  I looked at that further up the page and thought what the 'f' am I saying there.  It makes no sense.  I can't for the life of me even begin to suggest what THAT is or where it came from...Yet...I clearly typed it.  Sorry.  I got nuthin'. Embarrassed

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 22, 2015, 07:11:25 PM »

Ummm ooookayyy thanx...

Ya... I know.  I looked at that further up the page and thought what the 'f' am I saying there.  It makes no sense.  I can't for the life of me even begin to suggest what THAT is or where it came from...Yet...I clearly typed it.  Sorry.  I got nuthin'. Embarrassed

Ha Ha Ha Ha!  You guys are funny!  Grin
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:22:29 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »

4) The exact same as #3, only without the equalization....and one note was tuned using Kerovee. Did that to throw people off.

Was it the "meant"? Because that was the one note that seemed processed to me.

Nope...it was 'these' LOL

Good thing I wasn't in the "complaining about Autotune horde", I'd have to really be embarrassed now! Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: February 23, 2015, 12:31:58 PM »

Saturday Night Teaser
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153103898117241&set=vb.34250497240&type=2&theater
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 23, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »

Anytime I see Brian start snapping his fingers to the beat, I know he's just faking it for the camera

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »

Great hair!
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 23, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »

The big question is who is singing the lead guide vocal?  It doesn't sound anything like Brian or Nate.  Enquiring minds want to know...
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 23, 2015, 06:06:06 PM »

I love how Brian Wilson still does those hand gestures from the booth!  When you see that going down you know everything is gonna be a-okay!

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »

The big question is who is singing the lead guide vocal?  It doesn't sound anything like Brian or Nate.  Enquiring minds want to know...
Nate

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »

Apologies if this has already been posted (did a search for the link). But here's the official album trailer for No Pier Pressure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vj5u-CXkE
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx