gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:40:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. Lesley Gore  (Read 5262 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »

Nope, I would preface them with "I think 'It's My Party' is one of the best-ever songs". Wink

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 10:23:16 PM »

Fair point.  I'll give you your fan card back, you're worthy. 
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:35 AM »

At Lesley's Facebook fan group it was announced this week that Hal Leonard Books, a pretty significant American publisher when it comes to pop music books, is publishing You Don't Own Me: The Life And Times Of Lesley Gore by Trevor Tolliver on Sept. 8 - I think the first book ever about her. Its Amazon page is below. Tolliver is an adjunct writing professor in Rancho Cuc-amonga, California, and apparently this is his first book of any kind. He's been working on it for five years. The publisher's rep said in the FB post that Lesley "was aware" that the book was being written, though there's no indication she authorized it - she had said in interviews for years she was working on her own memoir.  But the rep says that Tolliver did get help, including research assistance, from her mother Ronny plus her official fan club, so it could be worthwhile. No indication as to how many photos it'll have but I'm hoping for some unpublished shots from the TAMI set. 

Should add that Hal Leonard Books is offering to send a free copy of it to anyone who asks for it at the Lesley Gore Fan Group on FB, so if you wanna get comped, as the rock critics of old used to say, it's at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2356366104/

http://www.amazon.com/You-Dont-Own-Me-Lesley/dp/1495024415/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx