gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 06:22:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: B.J. Thomas is 72 Years old, and sounds like this. Discuss.  (Read 1627 times)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:29:07 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Wzjmcc4W8
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »

He sounds great. His voice hasn't deteriorated much if any. 
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »

One of the VERY NICEST  and down to earth people I was ever fortunate enough to interview.  A really, truly good guy.  Humble.  Real.  Great voice always...and his version of Don't Worry Baby...which is not something that's easy to find...was GREAT.

'They' changed up the lyrics a bit...but still...I  like it.  More generic...less about cars.  There's an opening explanation which you MIGHT find interesting.  If not the song starts around 1:55 ish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7xsMWMHU_8

BJ's Hooked on a Feeling was a terrific tune.  I loathed, and still strenuously dislike, the Blue Swede catastrophe.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 05:35:54 PM »

BJ's Hooked on a Feeling was a terrific tune.  I loathed, and still strenuously dislike, the Blue Swede catastrophe.

Totally agree. I hate their version. The only good thing about their version is that it became a hit again and Mark James got some much deserved royalties.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 05:43:25 PM »

He was on the Opry Friday night and it blew me away, he had a full band and sounded much better (if you can believe it) than that link I posted above.  Frankly it was better than his original record, and he's 72! 
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 05:46:35 PM »

There is THAT.  Song-writers certainly deserve their due.  Cool Guy

BJ, by the way, has 'recently' recorded some of his all time goodies with some other artists.  VERY COOL.  Here's one I like a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJltbSV5lyA

Vince Gill and Lyle Lovett did BJ classics with him too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

In about 13 minutes...give or take a second... guitarfool will, I predict, come along...post something about...oh...let's see...maybe Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head and the thread will come grinding to a halt.

What a wet blanket he is eh? Wink
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:26:06 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »

"Raindrops Keep Fallin On My Head" is a very special song to me that holds a very special place deep in my heart, and a song which I deliberately avoided and could not listen to for years for personal reasons I don't discuss. But it is and always will be one of those truly special songs, and that list is a short one.

If BJ Thomas had not sung another great song apart from that, he'd still be tops in my book. Great to see and hear he's still in fine voice. He and Al Jardine, the fountain of youth.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx