gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680836 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:09:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Answer to AGD - Airplane thread  (Read 3715 times)
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »

Since I don't know if AGD will go back to the Airplane thread and see my answer, I post it here:

John Stebbins
The Beach Boys FAQ
Chapter 12, first paragraph
e-book version

I also attach a snapshot of the original discussion:
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p699/pvelezor/AGDanswer_zps30ae34c0.png

@Moderators: unlike AGD, I'm not being aggressive with anyone in this board. I just want to set the record straight and make sure he got my answer. I'm not the kind of person that criticizes someone for the sake of it and leaves everything an open topic. I like closing discussions in a proper and respectful way.

Hence why I created this post, I hope you understand.

Thanks.

"Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray...it might come true
Baby then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do..."
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »

Here's an attachment of the snapshot if the direct link doesnt work:

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 02:00:59 PM »

Currently, I'm away from my research materials, thus I cannot confirm or deny your claim.

As for creating a special thread for the express purpose of trying to make me look... what ? Petty ?  Aggressive  ?  Dismissive ?  Arrogant ? Whatever, that's pretty pathetic, wouldn't you agree ?  Pointless, certainly.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
schiaffino
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 02:23:34 PM »

Currently, I'm away from my research materials, thus I cannot confirm or deny your claim.

As for creating a special thread for the express purpose of trying to make me look... what ? Petty ?  Aggressive  ?  Dismissive ?  Arrogant ? Whatever, that's pretty pathetic, wouldn't you agree ?  Pointless, certainly.

I wanted to make sure you got my reply, Andrew. That's all. And wanted some respect from you when I post in this Board.

I'm not an expert as you are, but I dont make up stuff about the BBs. The little I know, I've read it from books and/or from people like you in this board. I sincerely appreciate your concern for accuracy regarding the BBs history, but when you reply to me the way you did in that thread, I believe I have the right to set the record straight.

And that's what I did. Nothing else.

I do not wish to escalate anything with you, sir.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:34:53 PM by schiaffino » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 02:48:56 PM »

Why not do this via PM?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »

Why not do this via PM?

Too late for that, wouldn't you agree?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »

AGD isn't an expert...just a blowhard who is constantly and coyly hinting at behind the scenes knowledge that he doesn't actually have in order to appear more important than he is.
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 05:03:19 PM »

As for creating a special thread for the express purpose of trying to make me look... what ? Petty ?  Aggressive  ?  Dismissive ?  Arrogant ? Whatever, that's pretty pathetic, wouldn't you agree ?  Pointless, certainly.

Just as pathetic as making a new thread for the sole purpose of needling Carol Kaye some more, I'd say.
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »

AGD isn't an expert...just a blowhard who is constantly and coyly hinting at behind the scenes knowledge that he doesn't actually have in order to appear more important than he is.

Yes, but he's our blowhard.   Grin  w00t!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 05:42:18 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Hello Hello Hello Pirate Pirate Pirate w00t! w00t! w00t! High Five High Five High Five Kiss Kiss Kiss Rock! Rock! Rock! Bow Bow Bow Love Love Love Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »

The positivity in this thread is off the charts. LOL
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 06:21:23 PM »

I approve of this thread.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »

I like this thread a lot more than the recent Beatle related ones.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:27:08 PM by Mike Garneau » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 06:28:30 PM »

I like every poster on this thread!  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 06:33:30 PM »

Job hates everybody equally. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »

Well...some do tend to 'talk' to others here with  W A Y more 'balls'  than they would EVER have the balls to do so with IN PERSON.  I kind of try and shoot the breeze with the crew here [or there] the way I would if we were just sittin' around a table or along the bar in some decent little watering hole.

Maybe some of us get 'over-served' occaisionally.

If you find someone in the 'bar' here is a bit of a dink...there are plenty more tables and chairs right here under this very roof.

'Scuse me though.  I gotta take a leak.  You know...drain the lizzard...shake the piss outta 'shorty'.

Order me a double.  Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 06:47:20 PM »

Yes! This thread has aggression, dismissiveness, arrogance ( Roll Eyes), and certainty. Above all, it possesses all that is required to drill a legitimate message home to his holiness. Fetch my slippers, Hives. Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »

As I don't have this Stebbins book, what is the exact wording? Was it from a Brian interview or an opinion?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:51:46 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »

A quick Google search found me this:

https://books.google.com/books?id=8T3ivyKmSQwC&pg=PT192&dq=Brian+Wilson+afraid+of+flying+stebbins&hl=en&sa=X&ei=urjeVObWN7PIsQTPm4LQBA&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Brian%20Wilson%20afraid%20of%20flying%20stebbins&f=false
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 07:04:27 PM »

Shake the piss outta 'shorty'.

I know you're speaking for yourself, there, Lee.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 07:08:09 PM »

Absolutely. LOL

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 07:24:19 PM »

The topic and original intent of this thread is a self-centered grandstand about a personal grievance that should, as Billy correctly pointed out, have remained a PM - instead it's predictably become an opportunity for some snipy trolling to add to the axe-grinding - suprise, suprise.

Let's leave it to the OP to sort out with Andrew - via PM if he wants to avoid "escalations" as claimed.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »

The topic and original intent of this thread is a self-centered grandstand about a personal grievance that should, as Billy correctly pointed out, have remained a PM - instead it's predictably become an opportunity for some snipy trolling to add to the axe-grinding - suprise, suprise.

Let's leave it to the OP to sort out with Andrew - via PM if he wants to avoid "escalations" as claimed.

Thank you Alan...appreciate the backup!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx