Beach Boys' cars

<< < (2/9) > >>

Jukka:
Didn't they buy Rolls (was it silver phantom) for Brian when they were in London back in 1966?

buddhahat:
Quote from: Mikie on February 13, 2015, 07:38:13 AM

http://hooniverse.com/2014/12/16/rock-and-radio-the-classic-craig-ads-of-the-1970s/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hooniverse%2FRrVl+%28Hooniverse%29

1948 MGT1948 MGTC - Mike
1935 Ford Model 48 convertible - Dennis
Cadillac Sedan deVille Limo - Brian
Bentley Continental S2 - Carl
Chevy C/K truck  - Al

Cool ads, thanks. How do you know which car is whose?!

guitarfool2002:
 :)  Corrections welcome as always...

I wanted to clip the original photo of Brian with the Porsche into this for an A/B comparison but it was too large, maybe trimming it down to 3 individual photos would be cool if necessary to see them side-by-side.

BUT - Here is what I'm 99.999% sure is that very same car Brian is driving in the home movie clip, as it appeared after being restored and as it looked in 2006.

This is a 1968 Porsche 911 L, important to note the "L" because that was at the time the most expensive version of this car offered in the US. It was and is a rare car, there were apparently 449 produced as the 1968 model, and that was the only year it was made. So when you see either a modern or a vintage photo of one, as with the Brian film and the 2006 shots, there isn't much doubt what it is because there are/were less than 500 made, ever.

As of 2006, it had been restored to original condition and specs, had 70,000 original miles (according to those posting the info back then), and had all original paperwork...which means you could trace the title and ownership back to the original owner.

And a previous owner of this 1968 Porsche 911 L ?

David Anderle.  ;D

Now the question is, and of this I have no idea, was Brian driving David's Porsche in the original film? Or was it Brian's car? In the vintage car market, if it were ever Brian's car his name would be signed on the original title and anyone owning the car as a collector would make sure to point out that this was Brian Wilson's 1968 Porsche with his name on the title, if that were the case. In this case, David is listed as the previous owner, so I'd bet without knowing for sure that Brian was filmed driving David's car.

The restored car as it looked in 2006:

buddhahat:
Quote from: guitarfool2002 on February 13, 2015, 08:27:20 AM

:)  Corrections welcome as always...

I wanted to clip the original photo of Brian with the Porsche into this for an A/B comparison but it was too large, maybe trimming it down to 3 individual photos would be cool if necessary to see them side-by-side.

BUT - Here is what I'm 99.999% sure is that very same car Brian is driving in the home movie clip, as it appeared after being restored and as it looked in 2006.

This is a 1968 Porsche 911 L, important to note the "L" because that was at the time the most expensive version of this car offered in the US. It was and is a rare car, there were apparently 449 produced as the 1968 model, and that was the only year it was made. So when you see either a modern or a vintage photo of one, as with the Brian film and the 2006 shots, there isn't much doubt what it is because there are/were less than 500 made, ever.

As of 2006, it had been restored to original condition and specs, had 70,000 original miles (according to those posting the info back then), and had all original paperwork...which means you could trace the title and ownership back to the original owner.

And a previous owner of this 1968 Porsche 911 L ?

David Anderle.  ;D

Now the question is, and of this I have no idea, was Brian driving David's Porsche in the original film? Or was it Brian's car? In the vintage car market, if it were ever Brian's car his name would be signed on the original title and anyone owning the car as a collector would make sure to point out that this was Brian Wilson's 1968 Porsche with his name on the title, if that were the case. In this case, David is listed as the previous owner, so I'd bet without knowing for sure that Brian was filmed driving David's car.

The restored car as it looked in 2006:

Haha! - it's funny because I was thinking if anyone would engage in my question it would be Guitarfool and, lo, you've excelled yourself here!

Out of curiosity -  How did you find out about this restored once-Anderle-owned Porsche?

Oh, to have the readies to buy that ...

buddhahat:
Hang on though - if the car was made in 68, then are you sure it's the same one? Surely that's earlier footage of Brian in the yellow Porsche?

The footage appears in Art That Shook The World (about 12m.20s)

http://youtu.be/sX-kFyt73Uw

Maybe it is 68. Which house is that? Brian's hair looks more 66 to me but that is a pretty psychedelic shirt.

Am I wrong thinking the porsche in the footage is yellow? Maybe it is gold like the 2006 photos ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page