gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 02:46:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1062906 times)
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: April 08, 2019, 10:11:10 AM »

When he gave up the smokes ( again). That's when the pounds came back on prior to  marriage.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2551 on: April 11, 2019, 12:44:51 PM »

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:51:43 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2552 on: May 02, 2019, 07:27:24 AM »

Here are a couple of pictures from 8mm film of the BBs in Detroit in 1977 that was auctioned in 2015:

https://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/The_Beach_Boys_Unreleased_8mm_Concert_Film_1977_De-LOT15816.aspx

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2553 on: May 05, 2019, 09:10:20 AM »

This article was linked to from Blondie's Facebook account.

Putting The Boys Back In Beach

https://easyreadernews.com/putting-the-boys-back-in-beach/?fbclid=IwAR1z0snZnczTXwLTYr2nJDEPi63N4HWsf9CbdPYXsLqaMVjekk0NYB0XYyE

Make sure to read it. It's very nice and has some interesting quotes by Brian, Al and Blondie

It features nice pictures, some of which I hadn't seen before/hadn't seen in this good quality before:

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2554 on: May 13, 2019, 01:45:27 PM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2555 on: May 15, 2019, 12:51:49 PM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2556 on: May 17, 2019, 12:36:14 PM »

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 01:15:14 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2557 on: May 18, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »

Beach Boys in the White House:

More of these particular live shots: http://richzimmermann.com/photography/rock/beach-boys/beach-boys-1975

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2558 on: May 19, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:19:15 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2559 on: May 22, 2019, 01:20:03 PM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2560 on: May 26, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2561 on: June 07, 2019, 04:06:00 AM »

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 07, 2019, 05:47:38 AM »

This page displays many rare BBs pics, look thru it, folks 3D : https://www.instagram.com/beachboysmuseum/

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2563 on: June 07, 2019, 08:53:34 AM »

This page displays many rare BBs pics, look thru it, folks 3D : https://www.instagram.com/beachboysmuseum/

You're not kidding! Thanks

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2564 on: June 09, 2019, 01:53:37 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: June 25, 2019, 05:08:36 AM »

Rocker-I know the seller said that the film was from Detroit 1977 but that is 1976 100%
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2566 on: June 25, 2019, 08:21:38 AM »

Rocker-I know the seller said that the film was from Detroit 1977 but that is 1976 100%

Thanks! Carl surely looks like '76, I just took the info from the website.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2567 on: July 05, 2019, 01:31:25 PM »

- Jack Rieley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 01, 2019, 05:17:29 AM »

That's a pretty unique picture, Rocker. According to this article in a Dutch newspaper (I actually found 3 articles with that same picture), this one was taken during the now famous December 18 1970 concert in Amsterdam. You know, the midnight concert that started a bit later than planned due to fog (or early, if you consider it started on the 19th at 5:15AM). Nice to see it in better quality.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2569 on: August 02, 2019, 01:35:24 AM »

That's a pretty unique picture, Rocker. According to this article in a Dutch newspaper (I actually found 3 articles with that same picture), this one was taken during the now famous December 18 1970 concert in Amsterdam. You know, the midnight concert that started a bit later than planned due to fog (or early, if you consider it started on the 19th at 5:15AM). Nice to see it in better quality.

Thanks for the information! I only found it coincidentally by typing in "Beach Boys 1970" or something into google's picture search function.
What would you say, is that Dennis between Al and Bruce? Kinda looks like him to my eyes, though usually it would be Carl's place; probably singing "Their hearts were full of spring".

- Jack Rieley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 02, 2019, 05:23:30 AM »

Thanks for the information! I only found it coincidentally by typing in "Beach Boys 1970" or something into google's picture search function.
What would you say, is that Dennis between Al and Bruce? Kinda looks like him to my eyes, though usually it would be Carl's place; probably singing "Their hearts were full of spring".

I'm not sure, but to me it looks like Carl. He was wearing a white (or light) jacket that night.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2571 on: August 02, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »

I'm not sure, but to me it looks like Carl. He was wearing a white (or light) jacket that night.

Yeah, you're probably right. The closed eyes looked like Dennis's to me but I didn't notice the beard, which makes him look more like Carl indeed.

- Jack Rieley
sparkydog1725
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 02, 2019, 12:17:43 PM »

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 03, 2019, 01:11:01 PM »

That’s a reproduction poster-not an original
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2574 on: August 27, 2019, 08:49:20 AM »

Saw this on Facebook:

Bruce, Al and Dennis

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx