gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:41:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1066055 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2200 on: September 28, 2013, 03:42:12 AM »

November 10th, 1983

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bluesno1fann
« Reply #2201 on: September 28, 2013, 04:51:36 AM »

What's even more unfortunate is that only 274 people are fans of the Beach Boys there!
The page is so unpopular that the polls I added there have got virtually no views. It's a shame, really
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »

Brian's Facebook posted maybe by new favorite photo of him:
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: November 18, 2013, 12:23:04 AM »

Wow, I can't for the life of me believe you never saw this picture before. And you registered here in 2008! Seriously, it's one of the most famous (60s) pictures of Brian. You must've seen it, just forgot that.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: November 22, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »

Wow, I can't for the life of me believe you never saw this picture before. And you registered here in 2008! Seriously, it's one of the most famous (60s) pictures of Brian. You must've seen it, just forgot that.

Perhaps. My mind wanders Tongue
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2205 on: November 24, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »

Anyone care to post a good, clear photo of Brian with or without the Boys from 69-70, please?
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: November 24, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »

Anyone care to post a good, clear photo of Brian with or without the Boys from 69-70, please?
Here's a few

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2207 on: November 24, 2013, 10:53:13 PM »

Thanks!
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: November 29, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »

Source: http://www.snapgalleries.com/shop/product.asp?P_ID=2897&CAT_ID=30062

Beach Boys in Paris, 18 November 1964, performing at The Olympia for their first French concert. This photographs oozes class. Its the effect of the spotlights that does it for us. Everyone is wearing the same shirts, but Brian Wilson is already in his own spotlight, slightly apart from the harmonising trio of Al Jardine, Mike Love and Carl Wilson to the left. Theres a metaphor in there, Im sure.

Source: https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/photo/default.aspx?photographID=9225

Is that the only picture from when Al and David were in the band at the same time? (Pre C50, of course)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: December 01, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »

Carnie posted this pic of her with Brian:
https://twitter.com/CarnieWilson/status/406673923221123072/photo/1

And a pic of her daughter, who looks a lot like Brian...am I wrong?
https://twitter.com/CarnieWilson/status/407240725240090624/photo/1
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 01, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »

"If you don't know it, then shut up and go home!"-Brian right before singing Devoted to You on the Party! album

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: December 04, 2013, 05:31:56 AM »

LOTS of BBs pics here from an Ebay seller,, maybe some are unseen?     http://tinyurl.com/pqvtlzu

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2212 on: December 04, 2013, 08:09:09 AM »

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: December 25, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »

Epic billboard for the '88 album.

B.W. at that convention he showed up at in 1990.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:52:29 AM by Ghost_of_Dr._Landy » Logged

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: December 30, 2013, 07:34:32 PM »

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/72944_241590742644847_1366619651_n.png

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 08, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »

Brian with the Everly Brothers.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:21 AM »

Lamm & Wilson

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2217 on: January 26, 2014, 05:38:30 AM »

From Mike's Facebook:

A photo from the backlot of Warner Bros in 1971. We took this photo while signed to Warner Bros for a few albums. This photo also appeared in the hit parader magazine…50 cents a copy back in the day...thanks Bruce Johnston for sharing this with me, brought back some memories.. ML

Anybody knows the date for this one? And what albums they signed for?
I think it must be early 1971...

The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 30, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »

Here's a few I haven't seen before.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2219 on: February 09, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »

Don't know if we had this before.

Jack Hayes at the microphone with the Beach Boys. Dennis Wilson at the drums, Brian Wilson (foreground) & Mike Love in the background. San Jose Civic Auditorium. Can you believe ticket prices were $3.75 plus tax?

Source: http://www.jackhayes.com/photos.html

- Jack Rieley
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: February 15, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »

Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: February 21, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »

I've seen a few photos from this day and shoot and it surprises me that they would have a professional photo shoot when Carl was out on his own.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: February 24, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »

I've seen a few photos from this day and shoot and it surprises me that they would have a professional photo shoot when Carl was out on his own.

I guess being in South Africa (Dec. 1981) was that much unique they didn't want to miss the opportunity. And indeed, there's really very view pictures with this live line-up. Btw, where was Bruce?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: February 24, 2014, 02:24:04 AM »

I guess being in South Africa (Dec. 1981) was that much unique they didn't want to miss the opportunity. And indeed, there's really very view pictures with this live line-up. Btw, where was Bruce?
Imagine what Bruce would be wearing if the others already had shorts on.. maybe that's why they left him out of the pictures. Azn
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2224 on: February 26, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »

Here's a picture of Carl and his father-in-law Dean Martin that I don't remember seeing before:

More Carl pictures here:
http://www.fanpix.net/gallery/carl-wilson-pictures.htm

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx