gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:18:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1065482 times)
SBonilla
« Reply #1625 on: August 11, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »

I guess the black & white is beneficial. He looks quite good on this shot although older than he was. Do you got mor such rare ones from him in his last year ?
The black and white photo was merciful. In real life he did not look good. His skin was discolored,  his face misshapened; his body was giving out.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:21:43 PM by SBonilla » Logged
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 11, 2012, 06:19:19 PM »

Thanx for pix Ethan, Rocker. Mike=hippie of all the hippies, he's like trend-setter of hippie culture!

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 11, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

Some pretty swell dudes and a cooler.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 12, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »

"Hey Bruce and Al, why don't you guys just sit on this cooler here"

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1629 on: August 12, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted yet

From Al's Facebook:
Recording additional vocals for the single release of "Isn't It Time"...and deep in thought too in Oslo, Norway!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=403947572996877&set=a.251194021605567.63433.100001449127373&type=1&theater

EthanJClarke93
« Reply #1630 on: August 12, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »

Not sure if these have been posted before, but if they were of well  Tongue Lol
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:41:43 PM by EthanJClarke93 » Logged
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 12, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »

From the KTSA sessions:

London Rehearsals, 1977
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1632 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »

London Rehearsals, 1977

Just a few days ago I realized that Brian wore that (or a similar) shirt at the concert in Largo as well. Love it ! I wore one of the replicas that were sold on the Beach Boys' store (with Endless Summer Tour on the back) for the show in Berlin.

The footage of Dennis and Carl laying on the grass and also some other parts in Endless Harmony must come from this occasion. Anybody has more infos?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:36:51 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 13, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »

The site seems to focus on Beach Boys concerts in Santa Barbara and there are more pictures there of the Reunion gig in May, some shots of Brian with sunglases.
These look familiar, like from the video of Sail On Sailor from Endless Harmony. Where was this taken? I always knew there was a lot of unreleased footage with Blondie/Ricky during these days.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1634 on: August 13, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »

These look familiar, like from the video of Sail On Sailor from Endless Harmony. Where was this taken? I always knew there was a lot of unreleased footage with Blondie/Ricky during these days.

The poster says it's from Santa Barbara. The footage in Endless Harmony was 8 mm amateur footage Alan Boyd said iirc. Nothing official. But be sure to check out the "Pro shot Beach Boys concerts"-thread in the mains ection. We try to get the list as complete as possible

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: August 13, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

The footage of Dennis and Carl laying on the grass and also some other parts in Endless Harmony must come from this occasion. Anybody has more infos?

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10376.25.html    reply #35

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1636 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »

Allright, thanks Steve !

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 14, 2012, 02:14:59 PM »

These pics are great!
Carl's sideburns are fantastic!
As an avid sideburn wearer, I always try to shape the bottoms of mine like Carl's, but it just never works out unfortunately. 

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 14, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »

"Hey Bruce and Al, why don't you guys just sit on this cooler here"

They probably figured Al is so used to standing on a box, he won't mind sitting on a cooler.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1639 on: August 15, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »

The Binghamton Concert Commission was a student-run group on campus who arranged for shows by major acts on campus. Until the completion of the Broome County Veterans' Memorial Arena in 1974 they were the only organization bringing rock concerts to the area on a regular basis. In the spring of 1972, they put on a free concert featuring none other than the Beach Boys.

Beach Boys at the Seattle Coliseum, 1975

From this site which also has more pictures of the current tour:
http://whotalking.com/flickr/Beach+Boys

Beach Boys, Charlie Auringer, 1972, Pine Knob Music Theater, Clarkston, Michigan

Those last ones taken from this site (the magazines were posted in the Beach Boys Magazine Scans I believe)
http://willcmusic.com/carli-munoz-and-the-organ-solo-that-shook-the-earth/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:52:33 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1640 on: August 15, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »

“The Beach Boys weren’t initially announced as part of the performers for the final show on June 27, 1971. In fact, I don’t think we knew until the last minute that they were going to play. You can see how scruffy they were by then. The bands that performed on the last night were the Allman Brothers, the J. Geils Band, the Beach Boys, Country Joe, Mountain, and Edgar Winter.”

Bill Graham watches the Beach Boys, Fillmore East final concert, June 27, 1971

Source: http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2011/06/24/viewfinder-the-fillmore-east/

Source: http://coolalbumreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/1971.jpg

From this site: http://paw.princeton.edu/issues/2011/07/06/pages/4727/index.xml

Source:
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/pop/dennis-wilson-der-einzige-beach-boy-der-surfen-konnte-1671270.html

Source (is this fan #1 ?): http://www.maybellinebook.com/2011/08/beach-boys-with-chuck-williams-having.html

The last two are big so save and open them with irfanview or something similar

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:12:47 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1641 on: August 15, 2012, 06:01:20 PM »

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1642 on: August 15, 2012, 11:14:03 PM »

That's a damn shame.

What...too soon?! LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1643 on: August 16, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »

Fashionable AND looking kinda like Ron Howard: The Lost Weekend.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1644 on: August 16, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »

That is not Joan Baez but her sister

Festival Hall, Melbourne 1970

Source: http://www.brianpieper.com/photography/

http://photofeatures.photoshelter.com/img/pixel.gif

From this site: http://www.photofeatures.com/beachboys/index.html

There are more interesting pics of the Big Sur Folk Festival on that site but I can't post the pics here, so check it out and maybe someone of you will know how to post them:
http://www.vintagerockphotography.com/Classic-Rock/Color-Vintage-A-L/12154333_BBvZqT/864509221_8rQHv#!i=864509221&k=8rQHv
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:00:39 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1645 on: August 16, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »

Never saw the complete artwork

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:06:50 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 16, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:28:10 PM by EthanJames93 » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1647 on: August 16, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »

It amazes me how early on Brian was going grey.

Wish he'd shaved the beard once he lost weight, as he looked better cleanshaven when smaller.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 16, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »

Great photo! I generally like such kind of photos shot from above. Of all the Beach Boys Al looks the best! Very like his fashion!
I have an 8x10 of this I got off E-bay in 06! I see it from my piano!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 16, 2012, 10:34:39 PM »

Carl reminds me of Jonah Hill in this picture.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:33:30 AM by EthanJames93 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx