gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:48:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* Brian/BB picture thread  (Read 1062924 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1025 on: February 27, 2011, 11:33:01 AM »

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:49:05 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 01, 2011, 02:59:55 PM »

The guy pointing at Mike in the Baywatch photo provides and excellent source for some great subtitles.

Something like
"Mr. Love, I told you to leave all your merchandise luggage off the boat, it's making us sink...We're gonna have to throw all those copies of SIP and LBWL that haven't sold overboard."

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: March 01, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »

The guy pointing at Mike in the Baywatch photo

Looks like Al imo

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 01, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »

Looks like Al imo
It's kinda odd because he looks to be taller than Mike...and is that his pony-tail protruding out his hat?

I always felt Al's long hair in the 80s and 90s, pony tail or not, looked terrible.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1029 on: March 02, 2011, 04:09:29 AM »

Looks like Al imo
It's kinda odd because he looks to be taller than Mike...and is that his pony-tail protruding out his hat?

I think he's just standing on something.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: March 12, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »

This looks like from footage. Anyone got more info? I kinda like it....

- Jack Rieley
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 13, 2011, 05:28:42 PM »

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/markcruiser64/with%20The%20Beach%20Boys/

Here's a nice pic of Dennis and the Beach Boys in 83.  This is not from my site.
I'm sorry if these have been posted.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:18:24 PM by kirt » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: March 16, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »

The Smile Shop posted a picture on facebook of Brian and the boys (minus Al) in the studio. Could anyone post it here? And is it from a Smile-session or Pet Sounds ?

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 25, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/markcruiser64/with%20The%20Beach%20Boys/

Here's a nice pic of Dennis and the Beach Boys in 83.  This is not from my site.

I've got that shirt Denny has on...I've heard that was a favorite of his...I myself don't wear it, I think it's too small...what a shame, my chubbiness doesn't pay off after all.  Tongue

~post of the century~
-Mikie

dennyschild
« Reply #1034 on: March 31, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »

I've got that shirt Denny has on...I've heard that was a favorite of his...I myself don't wear it, I think it's too small...what a shame, my chubbiness doesn't pay off after all.  Tongue

I know a person that seen him wear this shirt A lot.
Azmo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: April 03, 2011, 09:41:59 PM »

The boys backstage at Pittsfield (Mass) Boys Club 1968.  Warming up with "Chattanooga Choo Choo."

..and rockin' the BC

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:04:02 PM by Azmo » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 04, 2011, 04:57:52 AM »

The boys backstage at Pittsfield (Mass) Boys Club 1968.  Warming up with "Chattanooga Choo Choo."

oops  How do I insert a photo here instead of attaching it?  newbie

you can go to several website for uploading pictures and getting a link to add on a messageboard. I always use www.tinypic.com

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1037 on: April 04, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »

oops  How do I insert a photo here instead of attaching it?  newbie

Great picture ! Thanks for sharing it with us !

- Jack Rieley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 04, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »

Awesome pic!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Azmo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 05, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »

Pittsfileld Boys Club 1966.  The local paper reported that (a pretty nervous) Carl sang "God Only Knows"  for the first time live in concert at this date.

Hartford Bushnell Auditorium 1968

Fillmore East 1968 with the Joshua Light Show

A few memories of this Fillmore East show:

The Beach Boys in 1968 were falling somewhere between irrelevance, obscurity, and rediscovery when they played the Fillmore East on October 11, 1968 with a new band Creedence Clearwater Revival as openers. The Joshua Light Show was behind them.  The BB stage show was totally pre-packaged and professional with crisp white suits and a union horn section. 

The highlight was mid-show when Dennis Wilson stepped away from drums to the spotlight and sings “Little Bird” with the tasty horns and a banjo part (Al) coming thru in crystal clear magical moments…one of my all-time favorite live music experiences!

During the first show a Creedence fan yelled “The Beach Boys need gas!”  Mike good naturedly responded and told the audience that they are “pre-packaged and cannot vary from the formula.”

The boys did play a few bars of the Seed’s “Pushin’ Too Hard” which they introduce as a “little bit of California Soul.”

After the first show ended, Bruce jumped down and apologized for Al messing up the lyrics to “Surfer Girl.” He asked me how my photos turned out.  I asked him about "Smile" being released and he said that they were working on it.  He said that the next single would be "Time to Get Alone!"  He was really excited about the stereo effects of the strings on a new song "Bluebirds Over the Mountain," and described it to me as coming together in the middle of your head when you listened on headphones.  He invited me backstage where Carl took me under his wing and showed me around the Fillmore and invited me to stay for a press conference.  I was a shy high school junior, and Carl was so kind and generous.  I’ll never forget him or his kindness.

They play essentially the same set for the later show.  For an encore during their late show, the boys play “Vegetables” with Carl on bass, followed by an impromptu “Heroes and Villains” (chorus only).  They were just beginning to loosen up and vary from the formula...soon the white suits would disappear.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:00:06 PM by Azmo » Logged
MBE
« Reply #1040 on: April 05, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »

Great shots.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1041 on: April 05, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »

The boys backstage at Pittsfield (Mass) Boys Club 1968.  Warming up with "Chattanooga Choo Choo."

..and rockin' the BC

Mike looks like Steve in that first pic!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 06, 2011, 06:45:13 AM »

Even in the second one he looks more gaunt than usual.
He looks downright weird

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 06, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »

Has Pet Sounds ever looked so good

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 06, 2011, 10:55:31 AM »

Maybe if there was more to see, it'd be easier to make a decision

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 06, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »

That is the collest BB shirt...I havet the God Bless Brian Wilson shirt that I wear alot...one of these days I will try to post a pic...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1046 on: April 07, 2011, 03:39:17 AM »

- Jack Rieley
Azmo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 07, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »

Carl relaxing on the bus after the rainy June 3, 1972 Crystal Palace show in England:

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 07, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »

These are GREAT pics!  Did you work for the BBs, to get all of these?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:51:21 AM by bgas » Logged

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 09, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »

Carl  Love Cry

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 108 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx