gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:40:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's 1975 recording of "In the Back of My Mind" is being released...  (Read 58883 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »

sweetdudejim called it with this post about the "Love and Mercy" soundtrack all the way back from last January.

Now anyways, after that, it's possibe, depending on licensing, that maybe you could end up with some other artists stuff. Maybe some Crystals, Ronettes, Beatles, possibly some Four Freshman even. Lastly, my biggest hope is that they decide to share previously unreleased older material, maybe like the piano and vocal version of "In the Back of My Mind" from 1975. I think something like that would be possible.

Wow. So I did. That was pie in the sky, super hopefulness. Awesome that it's really coming out, not on a Love and Mercy soundtrack, but on a version of Brian's new solo album!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 11:39:07 AM »

Great news but isn't it kinda odd to put a '75 Beach Boys (I guess) recording onto a 2015 Brian Wilson soloalbum? Even if just as a bonus

I think it's just a solo demo.  Kind of like how Still I Dream of It was on the I Just Wasn't Made for These Times soundtrack.

Ok, that would make more sense. Not too much but more than a Beach Boys track.  Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »

It looks like the Deluxe Edition sold in Canada and New Zealand will include the tracks as well.  Same press release that's on Brian's site, it appears, with ITBOMM and L&M added to the Deluxe Edition tracklisting.

http://www.universalmusic.ca/press-releases/brian-wilsons-11th-solo-studio-album-titled-no-pier-pressure-to-be-released-07-april-2015/

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/26150998/brian-wilson-announces-new-album/

Wonderful!
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »

Looks like I will have to buy the import. Once again, the U.S. (with its crap economy) offers an inferior version of a product Tongue

So what's the newest gem that's still locked up now?

I wouldn't be surprised if these bonus tracks are offered on some retailer-exclusive release in the U.S.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »

Fabulous news!  Grin
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

I've heard this version is actually John Cusack trying to sound like Brian Wilson on the 1975 version of the killer song from the Today! album.

Not really, but wouldn't that be a terrible bonus track?  LOL

No mas, por favor.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 01:09:40 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 06:15:02 AM »

Would it be too much to suggest that Brian's people read these boards over the last few years, saw the demand for this song and that's why they chose to include it as a bonus track?  Shocked

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 08:13:08 AM »

Would it be too much to suggest that Brian's people read these boards over the last few years, saw the demand for this song and that's why they chose to include it as a bonus track?  Shocked

I'd like to think that's the case. I honestly can't think of many, if any, unreleased tracks which I'd like to hear more than this one.
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »

Yes. Yes it would.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »

I'd like to think that's the case. I honestly can't think of many, if any, unreleased tracks which I'd like to hear more than this one.

The "Sail On Sailor" BW/VDP songwriting tape that Van Dyke Parks gave to the label when they needed a single, the one where Brian says 'hypnotize me...' to Van Dyke. This was described in the Preiss book back in '78, doubtful it would be released officially even if it could, but still.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »

The "Sail On Sailor" BW/VDP songwriting tape that Van Dyke Parks gave to the label when they needed a single, the one where Brian says 'hypnotize me...' to Van Dyke. This was described in the Preiss book back in '78, doubtful it would be released officially even if it could, but still.

and yet...  Brian and Melinda are willing to sit and watch multiple showings of a movie based on themselves, so it doesn't seem to me it would be that much a bigger leap to include the aforementioned demo as a bonus track on one of his own releases; tho probably not ona BBs release

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 04:26:53 AM »

Was Brian 's 1975 recording unearthed during the compiling of MIC? You would think that would have been the perfect place for it. It makes me wonder if this is a very recent re-discovery.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »

Was Brian 's 1975 recording unearthed during the compiling of MIC? You would think that would have been the perfect place for it. It makes me wonder if this is a very recent re-discovery.
A lot of great stuff was left off MIC.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 06:38:45 PM »

Such as?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 10:52:25 PM »

It looks like the Deluxe Edition sold in Canada and New Zealand will include the tracks as well.  Same press release that's on Brian's site, it appears, with ITBOMM and L&M added to the Deluxe Edition tracklisting.

http://www.universalmusic.ca/press-releases/brian-wilsons-11th-solo-studio-album-titled-no-pier-pressure-to-be-released-07-april-2015/

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/26150998/brian-wilson-announces-new-album/

Wonderful!

This text is from the flannel panel for the vinyl edition on AmZon UK:

‘No Pier Pressure’ will be released April 6 in standard 13-track and deluxe 18-track editions, each available on CD and digitally, as well as a 16-track 2LP edition on 180-gram vinyl.

Implication is that there is no 16 track edition, other than the vinyl: only the 18 track.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »

Really ? Care to expand on that ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 04:08:52 AM »

A                                                lot                                         of                     great                        stuff...  etc

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 06:54:11 AM »

Well, to me, the one really important and inexplicable omission was the first version of Big Sur.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 07:12:05 AM »

Well, to me, the one really important and inexplicable omission was the first version of Big Sur.

Isn't that on the > proposed Brother Reissue tracks< CDs that were reported on here sometime back?  maybe someone has it from those to share

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »

Carry Me Home and Big Sur are the two that immediately spring to mind in terms of quality.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 09:43:35 AM »

Isn't that on the > proposed Brother Reissue tracks< CDs that were reported on here sometime back?  maybe someone has it from those to share

You mean this

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/the-beach-boys-brother-re-issues-bonus.html
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2015, 10:05:52 AM »

You mean this

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/the-beach-boys-brother-re-issues-bonus.html

yeah, that's it. Orignally posted by Klay on this board.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »

You mean this

yeah, that's it. Orignally posted by Klay on this board.

So this collection has still not circulated? Kinda glad - when it appears legitimately, it's gonna be a mind blower.

“We live in divisive times.”
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »

3 min version of This Whole World... DROOL
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx