gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680725 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 11:40:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coming soon, Wrightfan's first original song(s)  (Read 1906 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »

So I've finally been making progress on certain songs that I have worked on, some going back to 2009! Here's some examples on what I'm doing while I finish and polish them (with my 10 year old keyboard...and basic Garageband because I can't afford the pro version or logic Tongue):

1.  Fun in the Sun: In the style of the early Beach Boys surf guitar hits. Still needs more instrumentation and lyrics. Probably 40% done.

2. Don't Stare at Me: Basically an autobiographical song like a lot of the recent ones I've written recently. Piano on verse and chorus always the same with guitar changes after every chorus. Lyrics pretty much done. Needs a bit more instrumentation. 50% done.

3. Hold On: Piano driven song about being bullied and finding hope in the aftermath. Partly inspired by a story I read online about a kid who tried to kill himself because bullies made fun of his favorite show. Lyrics written, instrumentation just about done, vocals needed. 65-70% complete.

4.  I am an Illusion: Another song about depression. This is really going to knock your socks off. Easily the best music I have written in my own opinion. Some real nice chord changes. A little bit inspired by "Midnight's Another Day" and "Wouldn't it be Nice to (Live Again)." Will have a string arrangement at the end. Song should clock in around 5 minutes. Has lyrics. 75-80% done.

5. Train, Train (Working title): More upbeat song. Spun out of three different songs I did so this piece is most similar to the style of SMiLE. The tag of this will have a very airy vocal arrangement. This is the one that has evolved over several years.

6. Up in the Sky: No Beach Boys influence in this one really. An instrumental very similar to Nobou Uematsu's Final Fantasy music. This one is pretty much done already and will most likely be the first one I upload.

7. Trivial: This one may be an instrumental also. Guitar/piano tune that has an eastern twang to it. Not as far ahead with this as I am with "Up in the Sky."

I have about 3 more ideas but they are still in the very early stages.

P.S.: By the way, I'm currently on an iPad. Does anyone know how I can upload a music file from there? If there is a way, I can probably upload "Up in the Sky" by tomorrow or Thursday.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »

Here's "Up in the Sky." Mastered it this morning:
https://soundcloud.com/andrewhersh/up-in-the-sky-mono-mix
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:25:45 AM »

For a beginner, you did pretty well. I'm intrigued by the descriptions above; eventually, you should post all of those songs. As is, "Up in the Sky" is a good start. Such a simple melody, I recall you did sth. similar before, maybe 2 yrs ago. You sure feel comfortable making drone music, it's like it's your thing. Take it as a compliment, many reknown musicians made a career out of drones.

Look forward to updates.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »

For a beginner, you did pretty well. I'm intrigued by the descriptions above; eventually, you should post all of those songs. As is, "Up in the Sky" is a good start. Such a simple melody, I recall you did sth. similar before, maybe 2 yrs ago. You sure feel comfortable making drone music, it's like it's your thing. Take it as a compliment, many reknown musicians made a career out of drones.

Look forward to updates.

Just saw this. Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, I deffinetly went for the drone intentionally. It was actually the first thing I wrote out in my head (I cannot write notation for my life) and then I crafted the melody around. Know it's backwards but I usually cannot create the melody first.

As for the other songs...it's probably gonna be a while. I don't have my piano with me now as I've moved around a lot lately.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:23:44 PM by Wrightfan » Logged
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »

Finally got a good signal with my crappy wifi. Here's the piano demo for "I am an Illusion" that I've tried to upload for more than a month now:
https://soundcloud.com/andrewhersh/i-am-an-illusion-piano-demo
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx